• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ST1902 to replace Venus 178 movement? Advice needed..

Danster

Known Member
11/8/18
Hi all,

I'm trying to get my Dads beloved Breitling toptime fixed for his 75th birthday. To cut a long story short, he went in the sea with it, one of the chrono buttons had come off, sea water got in and completely rusted the movement. Between us we've been trying to get it fixed for the best part of 40 years! Unfortunately I can't afford to buy a donor watch to get hold of a Venus 178 movement. slay put me onto the ST19 Venus 175 clone...Am I correct in thinking that the ST1902 would fit? Any help / advice would be hugely appreciated.

This is the watch...apologies about the photos!

https://picr.me/image/zw6hq
https://picr.me/image/zwWR6

Danster

Known Member
11/8/18
zwusp.jpg

zwKVs.jpg

georgiworld2

8/7/13
I have read that it is for rep watches

If you have a gen, it might work but you are devaluing the watch considerably

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

georgiworld2

8/7/13
Experts can restore your rusted movement
Slay knows what he says

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
St1902 should be the correct one for a cheap fix. Just check it has the faux seconds pin at 6 as other st19xx have different functions/complications.

Danster

Known Member
11/8/18
Experts can restore your rusted movement
Slay knows what he says

Honestly, its completely rusted..It's been back to breitling and they said they couldn't do anything. Tried a local watch company as well who work on Rolex etc, they said it was beyond repair too. If you can recommend anyone though I'm all ears...

Danster

Known Member
11/8/18
St1902 should be the correct one for a cheap fix. Just check it has the faux seconds pin at 6 as other st19xx have different functions/complications.

Great...thanks Kilo..am I correct in thinking the dial at 6 doesn't work...its just for show?

Danster

Known Member
11/8/18
Great...thanks. Will let you know how i get on. Where is the best place to purchase one?