• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Screwdrivers

cody_williams32

Horology Curious
10/10/16
Las Vegas
Hey all! Sorry if this is the wrong section for this, it seemed most fitting to me. Anywho, I'm curious as to what everyone's go to brand us for screwdrivers? I have a set now and it is absolutely wreched and I am taking recommendations for a new set! Thank you in advance!
-cody

Sent from the RWI App

Stoozak

6/2/15
I've been using a no-name set for a while, but I've ordered a set of AF Swiss from cousins. I would have loved a set of Bergeon or Horotec but I just can't justify the price.

When the time comes i'll replace the AF tips with Bergeon tips.

cody_williams32

Horology Curious
10/10/16
Las Vegas
So when it comes to watch tools, Bergeon and Horotec are the preferred companies? From what ive read browsing and your input it would seem so. You just pay for what you get essentially? (like anything else:eek:hwell:)

Ko67

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
5/4/13
The actual make is a matter of preference and budget. I prefer Bergeron because they were what I used in watchmaking school classes. More important than the maker is the maintenance of the tips. Poorly sharpened or damaged tips can cause lots of headaches . I would rather use a cheap Chinese driver with a well maintained tip am than a Swiss deluxe VOH or Horia set with bad tips . My advice is to get a sharpening jig and stone and learn to use it.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Reactions: cody_williams32

cody_williams32

Horology Curious
10/10/16
Las Vegas
That makes sense, actually. Thank you for the insight and I will be looking into that! It's nice to be able to ask questions and get knowledgeable answers. Thank you, glad to be steered in the right direction.

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
I started out with cheap stuff but went really quick over to Bergeon.....AF, Bergeon or Horotec are all good, Bergeon being the most expensive ones.

Pombok

12/1/17
I use AF and they are great and good value price-wise, easy and relatively inexpensive to buy the replacement ‘blades’ as well.

delmar

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/6/07
Foxnovo screwdriver set from Amazon, then order Bergeon replacement blades from Essinger or Ofrei!