• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Trick to luming speedmaster plots?

ward1991

Luminor-Based
Patron
Certified
24/7/13
I'm decent at luming rolexes with big lume plots as a relatively new "lumer", But I want to throw some vintage lume on my speedmaster.

Before I make a mess of my dial. Is there a trick to luming these plots? They're so thin, its runs off so easily.

How would a pro do it? Is it a simple matter of using a really minute amount of mixture on each oil dip? Maybe an overly thick mix?

Any tips I'm unaware of?
39997fc311c9a63a254d8c54916bf8e8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Ginney91

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/12/18
No tips I am afraid, but I'm about to relume an older rolex of mine, can you recommend me a good green lume powder and liquid? I'd be most greatful

????

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Natas78

Trusted Watchmaker
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
21/8/11
EU
I'm decent at luming rolexes with big lume plots as a relatively new "lumer", But I want to throw some vintage lume on my speedmaster.

Before I make a mess of my dial. Is there a trick to luming these plots? They're so thin, its runs off so easily.

How would a pro do it? Is it a simple matter of using a really minute amount of mixture on each oil dip? Maybe an overly thick mix?

Any tips I'm unaware of?
39997fc311c9a63a254d8c54916bf8e8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

What products are you using?
And to be honest you will ruin your dial. You need practice, especially when trying your hand on such a challenging task.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk Pro