• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help - stiff crown to pull, set the time or wind

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
Hey fam,

To the watchmakers here, what is going on with my watch? I am not sure the model is important as I have search the web and found this issue but the only fix I have read was ‘send it back’

Anyway this issue is happening on my RM tourbillon RM001 and the crown has become very hard to manipulate lately and today it has reach a point that it is so stiff that I am afraid to break it.

The crown is very very stiff (it wasn’t like that few weeks ago) to move in between wind and set the time positions. Winding has become impossible and setting the time is very stiff. But the movement seems to work normally otherwise.

Any tech explanation of what is going on? I guess having a watchmaker opening it would be ideal BUT I am in the U.K. and not many will touch a Chinese tourbillon (and not many have RM tools just to open the case)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plaasbaas

IWC-hoarder and PAM-hunter
Supporter
Certified
4/4/21
Germany
First of all, I am no watchmaker, maybe others with more knowledge will chime in.

First of all, don't force it as it could cause more damage.

Stiff winding could be many things, from needing lubrication to more serious damage on some of the wheels. Hard to say without inspection.

But stiffness while changing positions from winding to time setting and back is odd. Makes me wonder if something is wrong with the keyless works.