• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

TAG HEUER Carrera Calibre 1887

traderfox805

Looking Around
15/1/21
Hello guys,
I am new in this business, so I read some articles and got some information.

I am very interested in buying a TAG HEUER Carrera Calibre 1887, so I found this rep:
https://www.intime05.co/tag-heuer/1...ic-bezel-black-dial-on-ss-bracelet-a7750.html

Does someone have some experience about this one?
What are the main differences between the rep and the gen?
What do I have to consider?

Thank you about sharing your experiences with me.

Regards

Vinvin7

Known Member
11/2/13
This rep is stunning, like any other rep from V6F or XF or VSF. Back decoration is very well executed. Even the false column wheel works as per gen. Only drawback is the minimun difference in position of the subials, closer between them in the gen, but only evident on a trained eye. You can even go to an AD and they surely won’t notice the difference. Consider the grey dial though.

altaylar1

Known Member
23/9/20
I am not familiar with this model, but I was once interested in a similar model (the skeleton heuer 1), but decided not to get due to what I believe is a major flaw, and this one you are interested has the same issue. The subdials are almost touching on the gen, but there is a gap on the rep. Meaning that those 3 small circles are farther apart on the rep than the gen.
If it has other flaws too, I would not know really, but until today I thought it was a simple mistake they did when copying the dial, so they would fix that on the v2, but seeing they have the same issue on a different model (the one you shown), I guess that is due to the movement they put in, so v2 wouldn't really solve the issue.
Also, on the forum, some members found out that actually, the movement they put inside is an Asian 7750, which I don't mind, as it means easy serviceability, but it might matter for some

Micha-IN

Known Member
4/4/12
Germany
Killer Rep!
9ecfdd5f5f09386cebfbb7cc10e6aa94.jpg

Gesendet von meinem SM-N976B mit Tapatalk

Reactions: shinynewbling25

Nikosnick

Looking Around
28/9/19
Hello, i think the "main" difference is the sub dials but nothing too much for me.
I look at this version of 1887, comes in quartz and 7750 (V6F) versions. I have seen the quartz and its quite good concerning the price range. Is the V6F version noticable better on overall looks and build quality? Has anyone compared if its worth to upgrade?
Thanks
TAG-Heuer-Carrera-Chronograph-Calibre-1887-Ref-CAR2014-4-Men-2011-present_1567433951_6832.jpg