• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Calibre Heuer 01 43mm XF

Micha-IN

Known Member
4/4/12
Germany
it really wonders me, that a maker like XF makes such an mistake...

of course the pic was just an quick example of the TH hour markers.

seafoam not easy to find GEN pics of the 43mm at google while @ work as the watch was sold only in China, so I took just a GEN pic.

Reactions: seafoam

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
I was just wondering because something seemed strange to me. Aren't the hour markers mixed direction. I think 4, 5, 7, 8, 11 are wrong because the short part is inside.

your right mate !! didn't see it on QC, wearing it and didn't see it until you mentioned it lol ^^ - I will get it fixed....The Watch is from an insane quality...really wonders me too they make such a mistake.

waltonmark

Horology Curious
10/9/20
Hi all

noob here and looking to make either this or the skeleton my first rep purchase. What’s the lifespan on these watches? How long do they tend for work for?

thanks
mark

ZoomBoy

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/11
Hi all

noob here and looking to make either this or the skeleton my first rep purchase. What’s the lifespan on these watches? How long do they tend for work for?

thanks
mark

No one can answer that question with accuracy. These are custom designed movements, or existing ETA clones with plates attached, assembled in a generally dirty factory with barely any QC. Your movement could last 20 years or 20 hours. Good news is they're generally serviceable.

waltonmark

Horology Curious
10/9/20
No one can answer that question with accuracy. These are custom designed movements, or existing ETA clones with plates attached, assembled in a generally dirty factory with barely any QC. Your movement could last 20 years or 20 hours. Good news is they're generally serviceable.

Thanks for the response. Much appreciated.

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/3/06
London
My Matt black 43mm arrived today. Its a lovely piece, but a little to heavy for my liking.

ZjOhMp.jpg

When I read about the indices QC issue I grabbed the watch and compared, thankfully it matches the watch that was released.

Reactions: Micha-IN

crackend

Known Member
21/9/16
My Matt black 43mm arrived today. Its a lovely piece, but a little to heavy for my liking.

ZjOhMp.jpg

When I read about the indices QC issue I grabbed the watch and compared, thankfully it matches the watch that was released.

Stunning Watch!! Can you post more photos? This is my next purchase.

Regards!!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

alexcast

23/6/19
Does anybody got luckily a 45mm?

Muskandar

9/8/17
CONUS
Why do you guys like these watches that are super thick? 15mm is my max and that’s really pushing it. I wish they would make them thinner.
This watch looks amazing from the front but when I see the side I’m turned off.

does thickness matter to you? If so what’s too thick for you?

alexcast

23/6/19
Why do you guys like these watches that are super thick? 15mm is my max and that’s really pushing it. I wish they would make them thinner.
This watch looks amazing from the front but when I see the side I’m turned off.

does thickness matter to you? If so what’s too thick for you?

Every person has different taste of all of us though the same all will be wearing old man Rolex

Muskandar

9/8/17
CONUS
Every person has different taste of all of us though the same all will be wearing old man Rolex

I understand that, that’s just common sense after all. That’s why I asked what your limits on thickness are.
how about you?

alexcast

23/6/19
I understand that, that’s just common sense after all. That’s why I asked what your limits on thickness are.
how about you?

I got thick and thin pieces, every one depends on the occasion.

For a formal dinner, a thin watch
For sports events a thick one
Etc etc

Muskandar

9/8/17
CONUS
I got thick and thin pieces, every one depends on the occasion.

For a formal dinner, a thin watch
For sports events a thick one
Etc etc

I totally agree with you.
Thin watches fit better under dress clothing, plus they look more classic.
I own a Gshock that’s pretty thick now that I think more about it. It’s my sporty type watch.

Reactions: alexcast

waltonmark

Horology Curious
10/9/20
I’ve just had my QC photos which are linked here https://imgur.com/a/AF9P5LV

If anyone can help me QC please that would be great.

My main concern I can see is if the one chronograph pusher is scratched and I’ve already asked this to be checked.

alexcast

23/6/19
I got rid of the 43mm I hope the factory would make the 45mm looks better on my wrist

altaylar1

Known Member
23/9/20
I’ve just had my QC photos which are linked here https://imgur.com/a/AF9P5LV

If anyone can help me QC please that would be great.

My main concern I can see is if the one chronograph pusher is scratched and I’ve already asked this to be checked.

Honestly, I would not care really even if it is scratched, as it is a matter of time to happen anyway. I would seek adequacy rather than perfection

alexcast

23/6/19
Hey guys, quick one: this watch seems 'greyer' on the pictures than the original, is it just the light?

I love the original black and would love to get something quite close to the original: https://www.tagheuer.com/us/en/time...calibre-heuer01-automatic/CAR201J.FT6087.html

Can I order it from here: https://www.intime05.co/tag-heuer/6...on-gray-dial-on-black-rubber-strap-a1887.html ?

Thank you!

I hoy rid off mine, too small (the oem is 45mm) and yes it’s more gray than black