• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tag Heuer F1 James Hunt edition

mark2828

Renowned Member
4/11/16
UK
I’m a massive Formula 1 fan and love the Tag F1 versions especially the latest Redbull Racing versions

a few years ago Tag released a James Hunt version at the Goodwood festival of speed to commentate 40 years since he won the championship

there were only 1000 made , 500 on the bracelet and 500 on the nato which showed his racing colours

there isn’t a great deal of info on this watch given that’s its quite a niche following I guess and probably not that highly sought after

then I randomly come across a rep version of it with a VK seiko movement and the main tell is the date window on the gen should be perfectly aligned with the 25 past the hour marker where as the rep is slightly off

however as a fun watch to have and given it was produced in such small numbers I can live with that

this is my first Tag Although I’ve been trying to find a decent Monaco without much success

mark2828

Renowned Member
4/11/16
UK
1dahR.jpg

losing time

Looking Around
21/3/20
Thanks for the heads up on this, I’m one of the very fortunate to own one of these watches, would love to have a rep so I don’t destroy my gen. Can’t find anywhere so far, any help would be massively appreciated

mark2828

Renowned Member
4/11/16
UK
Hi

I can’t seem to find it anywhere , I picked it up about 12 months ago , I did look on DHgate but even there it’s not showing up

might be worth posting a want to buy ad here and another member might have one tucked away

cheers

G_sus

Renowned Member
9/11/15

Hi pal,

What sort of dimensions are the reps?

43mm? 20mm lug width? What is the lug to lug size?

Gonna possibly order one shortly, but have small wrists - Very little info online on these!

mark2828

Renowned Member
4/11/16
UK
It’s a per gen

43mm width

lug width 20mm

unsure about the lug to lug as I have since moved the watch on

the only two things about the rep of the watch was the date wheel on the gen is Black the rep is white

and the caseback on the rep is totally different to gen

Triobloid

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/1/21
GB
It’s a per gen

43mm width

lug width 20mm

unsure about the lug to lug as I have since moved the watch on

the only two things about the rep of the watch was the date wheel on the gen is Black the rep is white

and the caseback on the rep is totally different to gen

The gen date wheel is also white, the issue with the datewheel on these is that it's slightly offset from the 4 position, it should be square on.
Also some of the face print alignment on the rep is ever so slightly off.
Lug to lug is 50mm

Last edited:
Reactions: G_sus

G_sus

Renowned Member
9/11/15
The gen date wheel is also white, the issue with the datewheel on these is that it's slightly offset from the 4 position, it should be square on.
Also some of the face print alignment on the rep is ever so slightly off.
Lug to lug is 50mm

50mm is pretty chunky for someone like me with a smal wrist!

Damn

Triobloid

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/1/21
GB
50mm is pretty chunky for someone like me with a smal wrist!

Damn

Sorry, the other obvious tell to add is that the minute hand operates as the second hand and vice versa.
All in all, not a great rep, but a decent watch if you're kinky for Hunt, or F1 history.

Reactions: mark2828