• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Autavia Isograph

Bill_C

21/10/19
North of Mexico, South of Canada
I know I'm opening myself up to a swift kick in the sack with this one but... I've searched here and next door on RWG and can't find any reference to the Tag Autavia Isograph. Before reaching out to a TD to see if they can source one for me I thought I'd ask here. Anyone seen a decent rep of these?

I have found them on DHG for about $100 with the typical DG2813 movement... not a huge fan of that movement but it's what I'd expect.

Do you think that these just don't exist on the rep market because they are:
1. Ugly
2. Reasonably priced as gens (sub $2k on the used market)
3. Not sought after by anyone other than me

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
The only ones available are the debate ones for around $100, there was another thread on them with a review...not bad for the price but reaching out to a TD for a better maker will not make any difference as there is no better. Pity, if V6F made them like the Aquaracer I would pick a few up!

Bill_C

21/10/19
Dang, that's too bad. Well, hopefully it will be amongst the better dhg watches. It's always a bit like buying a lotto ticket. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose, but you always have fun dreaming of winning in the meantime.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Rotador

I'm Pretty Popular
28/9/14
I have seen some pictures on the internet and I think this TAG Heuer Autavia looks very good. The bronze edition can be found with green or brown dial.

Size is 42 mm. The price (of the gen, of course) is around 3500 euros.

TAG-Heuer-Autavia-2.jpeg

Last edited:

Bill_C

21/10/19
Yeah, they're pretty nice. That bronze should patina quite well. That one you've pictured above is the exact model that I ordered from DHG. It obviously won't look anywhere near as nice but I am hoping it will scratch the itch for me until I have the money for the gen.

Bill_C

21/10/19
I just received QC pics (yes, with the right seller you can even get QC pics through DHGate).

Rules say no posting of QC pics so ya'll will have to wait to see it when I get it in-hand, but all things considered I think it looks pretty dang nice.

Now, let the waiting begin...

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
I just received QC pics (yes, with the right seller you can even get QC pics through DHGate).

Rules say no posting of QC pics so ya'll will have to wait to see it when I get it in-hand, but all things considered I think it looks pretty dang nice.

Now, let the waiting begin...

Is it actually bronze, from what I have read it’s rose gold...interested to know once you receive it.

Bill_C

21/10/19
So it just showed up today. It's a typical DHG watch. The bezel is sloppy and it feels gritty when you wind it... pretty typical so no surprise there. Visually it's a nice watch. The strap sucks but might break in over time, we'll see.

As for whether or not it's bronze, I believe it is, as do my wife and kids. You guys tell me. When I compare it to my rose gold GMT they look different but I don't own a bronze watch so I don't have any frame of reference.

Anyway, here are some pics:
fdcd5a7cb60574413ab2b3689acc2b67.jpg
f1d22c30e2b2c14aaebfb24d74c289a5.jpg
5da337742f2e3ee6121ecce7d18f1e81.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Bill_C

21/10/19
Yeah but it's sloppy, turns too easily and is bi-directional. It doesn't take much for it to move out to alignment. I looked down last night and it had shifted 10 just wearing it around the house.
It's definitely something that could be sorted out but not something I care to deal with at the moment.

If the factory that made this sorted out the bezel and used a Miyota 8215 instead then I think this would be a much better deal... but at $80ish bucks... well, it is what it is.

cagy97

Looking Around
30/1/16
Thanks for your response Bill! If it's not a Miyota 8215.. could it be a Chinese 2824? Would appreciate pictures of the movement if it's not too much trouble.

Bill_C

21/10/19
It's definitely not a Miyota 8215 nor an A2824. The claim it's a DG2813. Super common in DHG reps. However, I do not think it's a 2813... it is lacking the signature purple gear and it seems quite a bit on the small size... maybe someone else can chime in on it because I am unsure what it is... pictures to follow.