• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

WAY201A V6F and KOR versions

PacManT

Looking Around
27/11/19
Hi everyone Im new here.

Buying a Tag Heuer Aquaracer Way201A from KOR Factory. There are quite a few factories producing model but I feel that there is no perfect work by any one of the factories.

but out of the few I would say V6F and KOR seems to be the better ones. Sad to say there are minor flaws on both e.g for the V6F one, the pearl and the date font seems close to perfect but the engraving of the model number on the back case is a letdown. If they had taken care of this minor detail, then it would have been the best one of the lot.

As for the KOR version, the pearl and date font are off but still differences are slightly unnoticeable.

I was thinking is it possible to get the v6F version and maybe swap the backcase from the KOR version? Also I couldnt find a V6F version with SS bracelet. Not sure if the SS bracelet from the KOR version wouls fit the V6F watch.

Any comments or inputs welcome.

Thanks.

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
V6F do make the best Aquaracer, the white dial WAY2013 is unbelievable in quality. Came on ss strap but I also like the rubber which is surprisingly on par in terms of softness to my Breitling gen straps.

Having the model number on the caseback incorrect is a non issue as the only one to see it is you...if you are worried about that flaw then I doubt you will be happy with the watch itself.

VH8May.jpg

Reactions: Jammydodger79

PacManT

Looking Around
27/11/19

this is from KOR factory. I recently got it. The only issue I see with KOR is the pearl. Somehow it doesnt look like the gen. Pls see pic below for gen.

Reactions: andybilsy

PacManT

Looking Around
27/11/19
The pearl on the gen seems to have a thin black outline which the KOR pearl is lacking. But to me it doesnt seem so obvious at a glance. Only if you do a close side by side inspection then maybe you may notice the difference.

Agree that V6F pearl and the front dial looks good close to gen. The only setback is the wrong model number at the back.

Not sure if possible some options.
1. swap back case of V6F version with KOR version?
2. Replace back case of V6F watch with gen back case or other back case with correct model number.
3. Not sure if the pearl/bezel insert/bezel on the KOR version could be modified or replaced with gen? Most probably should be an expensive mod which may not be worth it.
4. Be contended with what you have. :)

Bill_C

21/10/19
North of Mexico, South of Canada
My vote is to be content with what you have. Even high end franken watches fall short, if only ever-so-slightly, from the gen.

The KOR pearl is just a little too big. If you look at the gen, that ring you see is the edge of the milled steel that holds the pearl. You could always swap it with a smaller pearl but again, why bother? 99.9% of the world won't notice and the .1% that does won't say anything.

Reactions: PacManT

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
My vote is to be content with what you have. Even high end franken watches fall short, if only ever-so-slightly, from the gen.

The KOR pearl is just a little too big. If you look at the gen, that ring you see is the edge of the milled steel that holds the pearl. You could always swap it with a smaller pearl but again, why bother? 99.9% of the world won't notice and the .1% that does won't say anything.

Exactly!