• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tag Heuer Calibre 1887 - which datewheel font

mat2006

Renowned Member
31/7/17
Hello guys,

I got a Tag Heuer Calibre 1887 with A7750 movement and I want to replace the rep datewheel by a gen ETA 7750 datewheel.

1. I am wondering if the ETA datewheel has the same font like the rep datewheel that I want to replace. I would be glad if someone could tell me.

2. will a gen eta 7750 datewheel fit in a rep a7750 movement?

3. Can someone tell me where I can buy the eta datewheel (it should have white background and black font)

Thank you very much for your help.

fleadepot

24/7/10
Hampshire
Here is what the Gen one looks like on 1887

LWDDE.jpg

I'll try to post you the same from an cal16 gen carrera tomorrow if that's OK.

fleadepot

24/7/10
Hampshire
This photo isn't the best but that's all I have at the moment on cal16 7750 carrera. I'll take a better one tomorrow when I get to the watch

LWWqS.jpg

fleadepot

24/7/10
Hampshire
I beleive if your 1887 rep has an asian 7750 the gen eta datewheel should fit with no issues. don't take this for granted as i am only speaking from my memmory with various watches that i was taking to watch-smiths for various repairs/ mods over a quite long period of time ( well over 15y) .

mat2006

Renowned Member
31/7/17
This photo isn't the best but that's all I have at the moment on cal16 7750 carrera. I'll take a better one tomorrow when I get to the watch

LWWqS.jpg

This is not model I am looking for. My model is the newer one with white datewheel and datewheel at 3 o clock.
I am still not sure where to source a new datewheel

mat2006

Renowned Member
31/7/17
I am looking for this model:

LyFzY.jpg

Does anybody know if the GEN eta datewheel has the same font as the rep DW. I want to replace the rep DW by a ETA DW and want to be sure both have the same font.
I would be glad if someone could answer it.

fleadepot

24/7/10
Hampshire
i see. that should actually be an easier option to track down with black font on white datewheel. i've seen eta 7750 datewheels on ebay very frequently at quite low price. best thing in my opinion is gp to a tag ad and pretend to be a buyer and have a good luck at both 1887 model and a very similar cal16. although tag modifies the 7750 (or the selitta 500 in their later cal 16) i doubt they change the datewheel font. it's probably a bog std datewheel from eta/ selitta) now the 1887 is a different animal all together and the font might differ. look at both closely is the best thing to do in my opinion. that model of carrera is a very nice watch BTW. Cheers

mat2006

Renowned Member
31/7/17
i see. that should actually be an easier option to track down with black font on white datewheel. i've seen eta 7750 datewheels on ebay very frequently at quite low price. best thing in my opinion is gp to a tag ad and pretend to be a buyer and have a good luck at both 1887 model and a very similar cal16. although tag modifies the 7750 (or the selitta 500 in their later cal 16) i doubt they change the datewheel font. it's probably a bog std datewheel from eta/ selitta) now the 1887 is a different animal all together and the font might differ. look at both closely is the best thing to do in my opinion. that model of carrera is a very nice watch BTW. Cheers

Thank you very much.
Why should the latest 1887 models use a different datewheel font? The latest carerra models pretty much use a standard 7750 eta movement. So the DW could possibly have the standard ETA font. What do you think?

fleadepot

24/7/10
Hampshire
The latest cal16 models use a sellita sw500 instead of ETA7750 since ETA restricted availability of their movements outside of swatch group ( omega, tissot, Hamilton...). I don't know for sure but there may be some slight font difference between a cal16 7750 and cal16 sw500. The Gen 1887 since its TH's so called inhouse i would expect to have remained unchanged when it comes to the datewheel font at least. Try this with the TH AD. They are usually quite easygoing and majority will let you try on look on detail at many watches in person. Best of luck with the project buddy

mat2006

Renowned Member
31/7/17
I sucessfully sourced a GEN 7750 datewheel. Can somebody confirm that Tag Heuer uses a standard ETA7750 datewheel in the calibre1887 chronos that I posted in this thread?
This information would help me a lot because I dont want to swap the datehweels when Tag Heuer uses a custom datewheel font in their 7750 movements.

Edit: I checked the ETA Datewheel and some numbers seem to look different compared to the rep datehweel that is acutally inside the watch. But I am still not sure if the GEN uses the standard ETA Datewheel or a modified one.

Last edited:

mat2006

Renowned Member
31/7/17
The latest cal16 models use a sellita sw500 instead of ETA7750 since ETA restricted availability of their movements outside of swatch group ( omega, tissot, Hamilton...). I don't know for sure but there may be some slight font difference between a cal16 7750 and cal16 sw500. The Gen 1887 since its TH's so called inhouse i would expect to have remained unchanged when it comes to the datewheel font at least. Try this with the TH AD. They are usually quite easygoing and majority will let you try on look on detail at many watches in person. Best of luck with the project buddy

I got the ETA datewheel in hands and it compared the font. The 4, 14, 24 and some other numbers look different compared to the rep datewheel that is inside the watch. Do you know if I maybe recieved an ETA datewheel with old font? I dont know if the eta datewheels to have different fonts though.
I also checked on some of my other watches, one even has an ETA datewheel installed and the font looks different to the eta dw that i just recieved.