• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

1:1 TAG HEUER 01

C.gjinika

Known Member
10/2/19
Mine arrived today, everything works like it should and the chrono feels solid (won't be using much though).
To say I'm over the moon would be an understatement I love this watch!

I might do the sharpie mod as the bezel is indeed a bit dull

u1Chp.md.jpg

u1Pn5.md.jpg

Nice Tag buddy,How is the movement holding? Is the rotor noisy or normal?

Sent from the RWI App

Troklo

23/12/15
Nice Tag buddy,How is the movement holding? Is the rotor noisy or normal?
Sent from the RWI App

Hey man thanks, movement till now has been holding strong (loses about 3 sec a day which I think is pretty ace for a rep) , we'll see how it develops over the next months. Luckily if something happens I have a rep friendly watchmaker where I live. I can confirm that the column wheel turns when I start the chronometer. If it's really that, I guess we'll only know if someone does a strip down of the movement. Rotor is not noisy at all

Last edited:

Unisolblade

Horology Curious
13/9/17
I bought the rubber strap version ... any ideas where i can get the steel braclet for it?

Troklo

23/12/15
As your TD if he can source one for you, if not than ask puretime or trusty they seem to able to source parts from the factories from time to time.

Troklo

23/12/15
HI guys small update regarding the movement Logixa just did a service of mine Heuer 01 from XF (you can find the pictures of his handy work here https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...-s-works/page9)
He told me that no real modifications were made to the a7750 just a bunch of deco plates. So even though XF in it's promotional pictures stated that the movement is 30% more stable (I have no idea what that's suppose to mean) it's a "simple" a7750 in there.

The watch is still awesome though and I'm super happy I got it serviced since I use it quite a lot.

Hope this helps people out when making up their mind regarding this movement or in any case any watch with a "clone" 1887

Last edited:
Reactions: leo6929

C.gjinika

Known Member
10/2/19
HI guys small update regarding the movement Logixa just did a service of mine Heuer 01 from XF (you can find the pictures of his handy work here https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...-s-works/page9)
He told me that no real modifications were made to the a7750 just a bunch of deco plates. So even though XF in it's promotional pictures stated that the movement is 30% more stable (I have no idea what that's suppose to mean) it's a "simple" a7750 in there.

The watch is still awesome though and I'm super happy I got it serviced since I use it quite a lot.

Hope this helps people out when making up their mind regarding this movement or in any case any watch with a "clone" 1887

Hi buddy, how are you doing? I am interested on this watch too as i have stated before but still not sure about the movement, how is it holding up?

Sent from the RWI App

Troklo

23/12/15
Hi buddy, how are you doing? I am interested on this watch too as i have stated before but still not sure about the movement, how is it holding up?

Sent from the RWI App

I haven't received the watch back from service but before I sent it, it was working just fine no issues at all. It's one of my to go watches, that's why I decided to get it serviced,
I think that as long as you take normal care of it it'll serve you well, if you are going to use the chorno a lot then get it serviced.
If you are on the fence about it get it, It's a super cool looking watch and 6 months in I didn't have any problems.
I'll post some pictures to show off the bezel mod once it's in my hands again.

Reactions: C.gjinika

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK
Rock solid reliability for mine. Rotor is also very quiet and has clearly been lubricated with care from the factory for a change. Doesn't spin like a top :D. Too big for me sadly so must be sold.

bubblegummers

Known Member
15/12/18
Adding to an older thread- I've got the gen tourbillon, so different movement- but the exact minute setting is impossible too. And the watch is super light, and rotor super noisy (like way beyond reasonable/Miyota noisy). Looked at a different piece in the boutique and the rotor noise is exactly the same. Not sure about the gen 1887 rotor noise though.