• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

1:1 TAG HEUER 01

Vric

Renowned Member
17/6/06
Geez.. mine has been shipping 7 weeks ago and is still in the twilightzone.

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
Interesting. Checked mine, works well. Maybe a service is in order?

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Thanks, the stutter isn't terrible and the watch is indeed impressive, really like it. I decided however to do the sharpie mod on the bezel numbers and now it looks great. Didn't like that under certain lighting, the numbers on the bezel didn't really stood out.

CaptainSplash

I'm Pretty Popular
11/8/19
Thanks, the stutter isn't terrible and the watch is indeed impressive, really like it. I decided however to do the sharpie mod on the bezel numbers and now it looks great. Didn't like that under certain lighting, the numbers on the bezel didn't really stood out.

Checked out your pic again - if it was done on when you took it, I have to say hell of an impressive job - looks really subtle.

Last edited:

CaptainSplash

I'm Pretty Popular
11/8/19

Checked out your pic again - if it was done on when you took it, I have to say hell of an impressive job - looks really subtle.

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
I don't remember uploading a pic before, but anyways, here it is with the bezel mod:
5437d83b7e56231ae3a042fb76e1f9de.plist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: vcappp

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
I took a sharpie marker, silver color, and then fill out all the engravings on the bezel. Let it sit for a minute or to for the paint to dry and then remove excess with a q-tip. If you think the bezel lost some shininess from excess paint, the next day you can use just a little bit of car wax and polish the bezel in a circular motion with cotton. I did that a day later to let the paint on the engravings be fully dry and not easily removed by the wax.

oldmeatwad

5/12/18
If anyone has any color and is in the US and wants to move it on to another owner, I'm your huckleberry. Just PM me ;)

treadmark501

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/8/11
Australia
This is a new clone movement, as I understand it, but does anyone know how reliable it would be given it hasn't stood the test of time yet?

treadmark501

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/8/11
Australia
Are the lume on the markers applied with Superlume?

The description on the TD websites don't state it's Superlume.

Weird cause XF have access to Superlume as I understsnd it.

oldmeatwad

5/12/18
I just got mine..no super lume, movement so far has been great, chrono pushers are pretty smooth, fit and finish is nuts. I swapped the braclwt for the band and the tolerances are better then a Bentlys panel gap!

Super happy with this one

Reactions: vcappp

Troklo

23/12/15
Mine arrived today, everything works like it should and the chrono feels solid (won't be using much though).
To say I'm over the moon would be an understatement I love this watch!

I might do the sharpie mod as the bezel is indeed a bit dull

u1Chp.md.jpg

u1Pn5.md.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: leo6929

Troklo

23/12/15
It might be a bit but it's so minimal I wouldn't worry about it. At wrist distance you won't notice it, I would take it

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
Mine had a three o'clock marker like that one, but I was afraid if I RL, would get something worse in exchange. I accepted and couldn't really be happier. Not really noticeable.

newonboard

Omega&IWC
Supporter
Certified
5/5/19
EU
Thank you for your interest. Before you wrote, I asked for another copy. The next one has no problem with markers.

Reactions: leo6929