• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tag Calibre 5

Fabio_08

Horology Curious
10/10/18
Hello All,

Been lurking on the forum for a few months waiting for the right time to purchase my first replica watch. I've looked at a few different options, but haven't really been sold on anything just yet.

What caught my eye tonight however was the Tag Calibre 5 from inTime. I love how simple it is and the fact it doesn't have additional dials on the face.

Does anyone have any feedback on this watch and what the quality of the reps are like? I have spent most the night searching but can't seem to find much.

Link below attached for this interested in the exact watch I am looking at:

https://www.intime03.co/tag-heuer/4...-black-dial-on-black-leather-strap-a2824.html

Fabio_08

Horology Curious
10/10/18
20 views and not a single response.

I've been around this joint for a few months and it seems as though unless you are in the market for a Rolex, don't expect to get any help or information from anyone.

May as well rename the site and make it clear that it's for those interested in Rolex's or selling watches only. Any general help or advice doesn't seem to exist, and it's a trend in every single sub-forum.

SikRipAndPanic

The answer is yes but what was the question
7/2/17
London / Essex Area
It’s possible that nobody on the forum has purchased this actual model? Hence no replies to tell you what it’s like.
As for the question of quality of reps this all depends on the one you purchase and the perception you have of it.
Remember these are mass produced Chinese items not the real deal. What would be your expectation of quality?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

slashFAslash

21/7/18

I've been around this joint for a few months and it seems as though unless you are in the market for a Rolex, don't expect to get any help or information from anyone.

May as well rename the site and make it clear that it's for those interested in Rolex's or selling watches only. Any general help or advice doesn't seem to exist, and it's a trend in every single sub-forum.

Relax dude, if noone bought the watch, noone can assist you. Just google the model and compare it to pictures of a gen. I googled "tag heuer calibre 5 black" and couldn't find any gen pics with a black dial and white day + date so maybe this one is a fantasy rep or a rep of an older model, no idea.

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
Here, take a tissue.

I can help. Have you tried the sticky guide in the tag section? I realize the links and images might not all work but that’s a start. I know from having read that guide I think the date wheel colour is wrong. The rep leather strap will suck. But I like the watch, you should go for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phopho

Looking Around
21/1/19
Seeing this watch in store is what actually led me to discover this site lol. Unfortunately, all the black face reps I've found have the incorrect date wheel color, and I'm not certain if you can diy replace it or if modders can (seems most mods are for upgrading them rolexs). I'd recommend the white or grey face rep, as the white date wheel matches.

The gen blue dial is beautiful in person - I don't know if the reps match the brilliance, but I'm looking to cop the blue in gen soon. Have a grey rep incoming, and will post a review once received.

Alternatively, you can look at the aquaracer line - theres two NWBIG... also the gen aquaracer black dial have white datewheel. Not my cup of tea but something to look at.

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17

Wow a few months that's a lifetime here for noobs. It might be a number of things not getting any traction in your thread:

1. Your second post will have put most off assisting you and I'm slightly surprised you have not been flamed for it...but the Tag section is slow

2. The Tag section is slow, slower than a snails pace

3. The model you are after is not a good rep (I'm being polite) hence its unlikely there is any notable feedback as no one would buy it

4. You just want answers and clearly have not done your research

I'm a Tag fan having owned many gens models of Monaco, Grand Carerra, Carrera, Aquaracer, Kirium and also reps of Grand Carrera, Aquaracer, link. The model you linked is not great IMO!

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17

As for the Rolex generalisation you are completely wrong, it's the most recognisable watch brand so deal with it. Personally I'm not a fan but the majority of people are which is why it's so well discussed, sub forums are rife with various other brands discussion so it might be you.:confused:

Fabio_08

Horology Curious
10/10/18
Wow a few months that's a lifetime here for noobs. It might be a number of things not getting any traction in your thread:

1. Your second post will have put most off assisting you and I'm slightly surprised you have not been flamed for it...but the Tag section is slow

2. The Tag section is slow, slower than a snails pace

3. The model you are after is not a good rep (I'm being polite) hence its unlikely there is any notable feedback as no one would buy it

4. You just want answers and clearly have not done your research

I'm a Tag fan having owned many gens models of Monaco, Grand Carerra, Carrera, Aquaracer, Kirium and also reps of Grand Carrera, Aquaracer, link. The model you linked is not great IMO!

I tried the same in a Montblanc thread as well and was meant with the same silence, so it's not just Tag.

I also researched like crazy for weeks but continued to run into the same problem which is that for almost all threads except the few main ones, questions don't get answered. It meant that I'd read a thread with someone asking the same questions that I wanted answered, and it would be left completely unresolved.

Anyway, for those that did respond, thank you. I've decided against this watch and have identified an alternative that from my research, seems like a good purchase.

Kyle_d

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/2/19
United Kingdom

Hi may I ask why you think its not a good rep? My mind was almost set on the blue dial calibre 5 SS being my first buy but your post has put me off slightly so I'm curious for your response.
thanks