• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Monaco Steve McQueen 39mm Auto - In development

hulkamaphone

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/1/19
I've been waiting for this for so long. I thought TAG do produce Monaco models with all pushers on one side though.

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
I've been waiting for this for so long. I thought TAG do produce Monaco models with all pushers on one side though.
There are some limited editions with the chrono pushers on the right and crown on the left like the calibre 11.

Less

30/9/18
DE
In favor of this one too! Modern Watson has a Monaco!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

RepPossessed

The UK dealer
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
Uk
Guys it didn't happen in auto form.

It was made as quartz but with left hand crown :(

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
Guys it didn't happen in auto form.

It was made as quartz but with left hand crown :(

Whaaaaaat, didn't you say in the beginning that they had the movement and were all set? Was it a communication issue?

RepPossessed

The UK dealer
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
Uk
Whaaaaaat, didn't you say in the beginning that they had the movement and were all set? Was it a communication issue?

That was what was relayed to me at the time.

Ah well :(

I have a feeling anyway it might have been an auto with faux Chrono's, a bit like JF were doing with the Daytona's to get the correct thickness.

Because it would have needed a dedicated custom made movement to get it with left crown and correct thickness because tye 7750 is much too thick.
And I don't think a smaller maker would have the kind of money involed to produce a brand new movement in thousands of units. It's a very very expensive process.

So the more I think of it that could be a reason why it was scrapped.

R3w1nd

Renowned Member
29/8/17
UK
Crown doesn’t need to be on the left hand side tho, there are plenty of versions with right hand crown with both 2 and 3 subdials.

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
Crown doesn’t need to be on the left hand side tho, there are plenty of versions with right hand crown with both 2 and 3 subdials.

This would be the easiest solution, crown on the right side, thinner chrono movement ARF-style

JOP

Renowned Member
30/1/17
That was what was relayed to me at the time.

Ah well :(

I have a feeling anyway it might have been an auto with faux Chrono's, a bit like JF were doing with the Daytona's to get the correct thickness.

Because it would have needed a dedicated custom made movement to get it with left crown and correct thickness because tye 7750 is much too thick.
And I don't think a smaller maker would have the kind of money involed to produce a brand new movement in thousands of units. It's a very very expensive process.

So the more I think of it that could be a reason why it was scrapped.

I like to have a quality rep piece available, even with quartz movement. If they built everything else according to gen, it will be nice.
Most depent on what measures they built the dial. Do they have an OS20 pattern or a 77XX series?
The gen has mirrored small dials like they "follow" 77XX series functions with running sec at 3.

In theory, if we rotate a movement to have its crown on the left, we will have this setup.
I'm not sure if the ability to have chrono pushers opposite of crown its a mod or a feature of 77XX series.
I 'm sure that i have seen that many times and don't seem to be a "hi tech" feature...

In fewer words; i think that this case has to be inspected :indeed:

Last edited:

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
2/5/16
Keeping the thread alive... :eek:ff2bed: but patiently, this might take a while

Reactions: Slayer1976

miketmbt

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/12/18
Yeah. This one is on DHGate too. It looks good but says Quartz and has a ground down crown on the right side. The one on the left is just for looks.