• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Can you identify this TAG rep?

Phix[HUN]

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/1/17
European Union

https://ibb.co/jyhQcf
(Since I'm new to the forum I've made my research if a general "Identify this rep" thread exist but I couldn't fine any - hence the post here. Feel free however to correct me and sorry for overlooking. :) )

The challenge you can see on the picture above: what kind of rep this could be? The back casing has the standard markings of a Grand Carrera ("Grand CARRERA - TAGHeuer - Swiss Made Since 1860") but I haven't seen any Grand Carreras even close to this. The details of the watch are surprisingly nice, the rubber strap is a cheap shit, the automatic movement does its job well. All in all I'd say it's a nice medium quality rep. But do you have any idea who made it and when? Google was not able to help.
Thanks in advance!

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Pics not showing...I love my Tags and have owned have a dozen grand Carrera gens over the years - post a pic and I’ll nail it!

Reactions: Phix[HUN]

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Phix[HUN said:
;n7221684]Looking forward to it Thatwachguy and thanks in advance. Although I don't think it's indeed a Grand Carrera - at least I don't know any similar gen models.

Can you open the link I posted above? https://ibb.co/jyhQcf - there goes the picture.

Cheers,
Phix

Yeah no Grand Carrera, and it’s a fantasy model. Looks like a quartz as the seconds hand should not be running unless the chrono is in use. I have not seen a rep of it before but I haven’t had a look at these cheaper quartz models for a long time.

Phix[HUN]

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/1/17
European Union
Yeah no Grand Carrera, and it’s a fantasy model. Looks like a quartz as the seconds hand should not be running unless the chrono is in use. I have not seen a rep of it before but I haven’t had a look at these cheaper quartz models for a long time.

Thanks, mate! Yes, I thought so too - it's a fantasy model. Although it was indeed cheap as dirt it's not quartz, it's automatic. The sub-dials are for a simple calendar and a 24-hour clock, it doesn't have a chrono.
I was just wondering what kind of automatic movement could be inside of it, this was the reason I was trying to identify the model. (Perhaps if I decide to open it later I will post an update. :) )