• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Looking for a good rep of the TAG HEUER CARRERA CALIBRE 16 DAY-DATE AUTOMATIC CHRONOGRAPH

Rep_Addict

Looking Around
20/9/18
Hello all

I have been looking everywhere on all the TD's websites and contacted them via email.

I'm looking for a Tag Carrera Calibre 16 Day date SS bracelet with black dial. I've seen a few V6F's, but the they all have brushed sides on the case and not polished like the original. The 1887 gen has brushed sides, where the gen day date has polished sides. Checked a gen one out in a local store.

Any help would be great, as I said I've checked the TD's out and posts on here.

Roler

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/12/17
Do you have a link of the TD's website? Maybe pictures of the two difference? I'm just started my research for the the same watch. Also looking on chrono24.com which the gen's price is quite affordable.

Bedum

Known Member
31/7/18
All Calibre 16 reps I have seen have the flaw of having Cal.1887 engraved on the rotor instead of Cal 16. This is why I picked the Cal. 1887 rep instead with the date only.

Reactions: HyperEscape

HyperEscape

27/10/11
All Calibre 16 reps I have seen have the flaw of having Cal.1887 engraved on the rotor instead of Cal 16. This is why I picked the Cal. 1887 rep instead with the date only.

This very flaw is also holding me back from buying this new V2 version of Calibre 16 daydate which the Rep Dealers are offering. It is a grave flaw, dont know how/why it happened. I still have one V1 with me which had calibre 16 engraved on the rotor. If you can find out a place or a seller who is offering the old version for sale, please do inform me.

Thanks.

ICEMAN-Hoyle

Known Member
1/12/18

Yep if it hadn't been for you mentioning this major flaw on another thread mate, I would have made a big mistake purchasing a Calibre 16 rep, so i owe you a debt of gratitude :)

lgicc

Horology Curious
13/2/19
It didn't hold me back. I purchased the Carrera Calibre 16 Day-Date SS V6F 1:1 Best Edition Ceramic Bezel Black Dial on SS Bracelet A7750 from INTIME. For me, great quality rep.

Digital.

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
25/7/15
It didn't hold me back. I purchased the Carrera Calibre 16 Day-Date SS V6F 1:1 Best Edition Ceramic Bezel Black Dial on SS Bracelet A7750 from INTIME. For me, great quality rep.

Let's see some pics :)

lgicc

Horology Curious
13/2/19
The only really downside for me is the case is brushed not polished...

lgicc

Horology Curious
13/2/19
I've just noticed on a zoom how crooked the numerals are on the dial. I'ts not the effect of the sapphire glass is it?

lgicc

Horology Curious
13/2/19
Feeling a bit deflated now. What I thought was a high quality rep isn't really the case now.

lgicc

Horology Curious
13/2/19
The bright side is that it works. It's just the amount I paid doesn't justify that flaw. I didn't notice it in the QC pics. If I paid half the amount or less then I can handle that inferior detail.

sunnydale

Put Some Respect On My Name
29/8/09
Is it so that the old one is not available anymore? Guess I need to keep this then :drinks_cheers:

Feliuams

Horology Curious
5/8/19
Hi guys, also the same for me. I have this model on my wish list, but the wrong engraving for the 1887 rotor and the brushed case is holding me back.

I cannot understnad how they made the wrong rotor engraving!!! This model is just a perfect choice for replication when it is a 16 caliber as this caliber is a ETA 7750 (for the first produced watches...) If so, Why the they put the wrong caliber 1887??? It's writing the wrong movemet when actually it is the correct replica movement asian 7750 fitted in the watch! ... Please if someone finds the correct one let us know!

Feliuams

Horology Curious
5/8/19
Hi all, interested on the same watch.
I found this one on a TD site (i hope i can post the link). It seems the case polished as the original one and even the engraving is correct.
Any other tell in your opinion?

http://www.trb88.club/index.php?route=product/product&path=76_116_165&product_id=593

Inviato dal mio MI 8 utilizzando Tapatalk

Looks promising, as you say engraving is correct (checking on web looks like the font is a little too bold comapred to genuine see this - https://watch-deals.com/watch-compo...e-16-oscillating-mass-rotor-valjoux-7750.html -). Rest looks nice but I am not an expert on this... Maybe someone with more experience can tell. Which factory is it? Did you PM the dealer?

Bigozuk

30/6/19
Is it so that the old one is not available anymore? Guess I need to keep this then :drinks_cheers:

as i get older and find my eye sight starting to fade - i find i struggle to see the watch hands on watches with white faces. gutted because this looks great, but its the same on my Daytona - i cant see the stainless hands on the white background :) time to invest is glasses i think....