• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Cheap Aquaracer and Carrera

Maciey

Looking Around
19/7/18
Maybe this post will be useful to someone who like me just starts the adventure with watch replicas.

After several unsuccessful attempts to purchase the watch from a trusted dealer (Watches that I liked were not available) I started browsing offers from Dhgate. Eventually, I bought two watches for around $ 90 each.
Automatic Tag Heuer Aquaracer Calibre 5 & Quartz Tag Heuer Carrera Calibre 16​

20180913_120020.jpg
20180913_120750.jpg

I must say that I am very positively surprised by the quality of these watches at this price point.
In a normal sale it is very difficult to find something similar. My last purchase is MVMT :) There is nothing to compare.

Carrera

I’m pretty sure that carrera is the same watch that some TD offers. But they unfortunately do not have a black case version.
most noticeable differences:
Domed glass
Different chrono dial spacing
seconds at the 6 instead of 9 o'clock
Bezel is not ceramic, but engraved directly on the case
And it’s not mechanical, movement is miyota 0s00

I decided to buy this watch knowing about these differences, more to see if this type of watches are something for me. And the answer is yes, wow! I feel that I will lose some money :)
Now I am waiting, maybe soon there will be a better version of this watch with 7750 movement and ceremic bezel, I would buy it for sure.
​​​​​​​
CRW_2043_01.jpg
CRW_2045_01.jpg

CRW_2047_01.jpg

Now the Aquaracer

CRW_2032_01.jpg
CRW_2035_01.jpg

CRW_2038_01.jpg

I can’t say what the movement it has, there are no markings.
When I got it he was gaining 15 sec. A day. In some magical way I manager to set it to -5/+3 sec. Depending on the position.
glass has bevelled edges.
markings on the bezel are in the wrong places (I am curious why even more expensive versions have this error) and it seems to me that they are a bit different in shape.
bezel is little flimsy and have some play. At least this is right for the price :)
But I must say that in some way this watch suits me better, it"s somehow closer to his real one. To the extent that I ordered version with SW 200 movement from TSwatch. I am currently waiting for QC pic.
​​​​​​​
It is a pity that the forum's sales section is only available from 25 posts, I would like to sell this watch to someone from the forum (PM ????). Always better than keep it in a drawer.

I will definitely share my thoughts about the new watch when I get it.

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
If you have read the sales rules then you should know that posting a "PM me for sale" is also frowned upon.
Raddave

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Maybe this post will be useful to someone who like me just starts the adventure with watch replicas.

After several unsuccessful attempts to purchase the watch from a trusted dealer (Watches that I liked were not available) I started browsing offers from Dhgate. Eventually, I bought two watches for around $ 90 each.
Automatic Tag Heuer Aquaracer Calibre 5 & Quartz Tag Heuer Carrera Calibre 16​

20180913_120020.jpg
20180913_120750.jpg

I must say that I am very positively surprised by the quality of these watches at this price point.
In a normal sale it is very difficult to find something similar. My last purchase is MVMT :) There is nothing to compare.

Carrera

I’m pretty sure that carrera is the same watch that some TD offers. But they unfortunately do not have a black case version.
most noticeable differences:
Domed glass
Different chrono dial spacing
seconds at the 6 instead of 9 o'clock
Bezel is not ceramic, but engraved directly on the case
And it’s not mechanical, movement is miyota 0s00

I decided to buy this watch knowing about these differences, more to see if this type of watches are something for me. And the answer is yes, wow! I feel that I will lose some money :)
Now I am waiting, maybe soon there will be a better version of this watch with 7750 movement and ceremic bezel, I would buy it for sure.

CRW_2043_01.jpg
CRW_2045_01.jpg

CRW_2047_01.jpg

Now the Aquaracer

CRW_2032_01.jpg
CRW_2035_01.jpg

CRW_2038_01.jpg

I can’t say what the movement it has, there are no markings.
When I got it he was gaining 15 sec. A day. In some magical way I manager to set it to -5/+3 sec. Depending on the position.
glass has bevelled edges.
markings on the bezel are in the wrong places (I am curious why even more expensive versions have this error) and it seems to me that they are a bit different in shape.
bezel is little flimsy and have some play. At least this is right for the price :)
But I must say that in some way this watch suits me better, it"s somehow closer to his real one. To the extent that I ordered version with SW 200 movement from TSwatch. I am currently waiting for QC pic.
​​​​​​​
It is a pity that the forum's sales section is only available from 25 posts, I would like to sell this watch to someone from the forum (PM ????). Always better than keep it in a drawer.

I will definitely share my thoughts about the new watch when I get it.

So you know the rules but decide you will try to sell it here anyway ?

Maciey

Looking Around
19/7/18
oh sorry, I only read the rules of the sales section. If someone could edit my post and delete this part, I would be grateful, I do not want the answers to be only about it.