• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Carrera calibre 16 or 1887?

Bedum

Known Member
31/7/18
Hi all,

I’m new to the rep world and recently joined RWI. What an awesome forum full of ressources!!

Anyway, I’m looking to buy my first rep. At first I was going for a Superocean but can’t seem to find the right one for me coming from a good factory. So in the meantime, I’m temped to get a Tag.

I’m hesitating between these two, from In-Time:
calibre 16: https://www.intime03.co/tag-heuer/4...ic-bezel-black-dial-on-ss-bracelet-a7750.html

or calibre 1887: https://www.intime03.co/tag-heuer/1...ic-bezel-black-dial-on-ss-bracelet-a7750.html

I think I’m going to go for the calibre 1887 mainly because the calibre 16 rep seems to have a huge flaw: on the front it says calibre 16, and on the “see-through” back case it reads calibre 1887. If that was not a flaw, I think I would go for the Cal. 16

All this to say, I’m not a pro at this yet and would like anyone’s input on those reps. Any other flaws I don’t see on these reps? Is V6F a good factory for Tags?

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: Smiley19

crackend

Known Member
21/9/16
The Tag calibre 1887 is considered as a Super Rep. I used to have that watch and was pretty awesome.

Reactions: Bedum

Bedum

Known Member
31/7/18
Ordered the Calibre 1887 from Ryan. QC step is completed, waiting for tracking #

Bedum

Known Member
31/7/18
Just received the watch.

Noticed the minutes and hour hands of the chronograph aren’t working.

is this normal for a rep V6F with a7750 movement?

Nettpurken

Known Member
20/1/17
The chronograph hour/min hands arent supposed to work unless the chronograph function is activated. Hit the upper button and you'll be fine

Bedum

Known Member
31/7/18
Gave it a try for 2 hours. The hour hand of the chrono works, not the minutes hand, it stand still at 12. Everything else works.

It’s disappointing, after all I paid, I have to resolve this with the TD.

Nettpurken

Known Member
20/1/17
That's weird, something may be wrong, try work it up with your td and good luck

Bedum

Known Member
31/7/18
Yeah.. Sending it back to TD to have it fixed. Hope it will work out. Fairly disappointing that I have to spend extra $$ and take the risk of not having the piece back.

Nettpurken

Known Member
20/1/17
I fully understand you, it really sucks! Your TD should've inspected the watch comprehensively before shipping it out. Was it Ryan you've dealt with?

Nettpurken

Known Member
20/1/17
never mind man, i've looked at your thread and now i know you're first time buyer. Man i don't have anything against any of our TD's, they are doing a great jobb thats for sure! but tbh i think your case isn't isolated. after being a relatively activ member at RWI plus other sites, I've learned that first time buyers have a larger margine to get faulty/flawed watches! and often ends up where you are at now. It's really sad i don't have any answer for why is this hapening at a speeding tempo! Neither can i explain how is it hapening but i know it does. One theori that can haunt my thoughs from time to time is that untrained/unexperienced first time rep enthusiasts are easy to identify by dealers, and the vast majority of these buyers will however be satisfied or won't take the bother to do anything about it as they don't want risking losing everything. So i conclude that there is a hole here at RWI in somewhere that need to be sealed.

Bedum

Known Member
31/7/18
Closing the loop on this issue.

After waiting a few weeks, I finally got my Tag back from Ryan. Everything went fairly smooth. After repair, I requested new QC pics, a video prooving the chrono hand are all working well and a new measure on timegrapher. Ryan provided that with no issues. The watch is now actually more accurate that it was initially. +-2sec / 24h vs +6secs. / 24h. originally.

So overall, it sucks that I had to send it back right after purchase but it all ended up well. Now I can enjoy a fully working Tag Carrera 1887 super rep!

Gkhalilov8

Horology Curious
13/2/18
Hey guys, how do i contact ryan? so far whenever i have bought a rep it was through the website and i had no direct contact with anybody. Any info would be greatly appreciated

Alexccmeister

8/11/18
Closing the loop on this issue.

After waiting a few weeks, I finally got my Tag back from Ryan. Everything went fairly smooth. After repair, I requested new QC pics, a video prooving the chrono hand are all working well and a new measure on timegrapher. Ryan provided that with no issues. The watch is now actually more accurate that it was initially. +-2sec / 24h vs +6secs. / 24h. originally.

So overall, it sucks that I had to send it back right after purchase but it all ended up well. Now I can enjoy a fully working Tag Carrera 1887 super rep!

As a first time buyer, I am glad there is hope for the rep fans who face these type of issues. I am waiting for my Omega Spectre hoping arriving this week. Its a simple watch so hopes everything works as it should.

I am actually interested in this particular one as on Puretime its stated as 41mm but on intime its 44mm.

https://www.intime03.co/tag-heuer/1...dition-black-dial-on-ss-bracelet-cal1887.html

Anyone can advice what size this actually is?

Bedum

Known Member
31/7/18
Well, maybe they are not the same. Puretime does not announce who is it coming from. So you don’t know if it’s coming from the same factory.

The one at Intime comes from V6F factory.