• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Aquaracer Calibre 5 Black MKF on SS

kabir.roshann

Horology Curious
16/3/18
Hello,

Looking to buy Aquaracer Calibre 5 Black MKF on SS with 2824. I know the markers on 6, 9 and 12 are 50:50 split as opposed to 1/3 and 2/3 split and it's an obvious tell (to someone who knows or looks at the watch very closely), however, I could care less about those markers.

Do you guys think the V6F version is far superior when it comes to dial, crystal, bezel etc? But it comes only in Nylon.I really want the SS bracelet.

I know there was a recent SW200 version out there but it's almost $220 more expensive than MKF. Do you guys think it's worth the extra 220.

I haven't seen any direct comparison between the three.

Looking for some guidance

Thanks

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
I picked up the mkf black dial over the v6f as the overall quality I found to be better. They nailed the dial as it is stunning in real life.

Not sure it is still available though. I liked it so much I bough the gen black/yellow stitched strap as well!

The new release SW I feel I should an expensive option.

kabir.roshann

Horology Curious
16/3/18
I picked up the mkf black dial over the v6f as the overall quality I found to be better. They nailed the dial as it is stunning in real life.

Not sure it is still available though. I liked it so much I bough the gen black/yellow stitched strap as well!

The new release SW I feel I should an expensive option.

Hey I really appreciate your inputs and I am more or less aligned with your thoughts. Will pull the trigger on the Black MKF, it shows in-stock on chazingtime. Would you know the best way to contact them?
Or any place else where I can look for? it's $308 on their website.

Thanks

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
If you want to use them just go through the website or check the contact details in the TD section.

kryckan13

Renowned Member
25/6/17
Sweden
Hi

What do you mean by the 50:50 split of the markers?

The wrist shot is my MKF and the other picture is gen. Look at 6, 9 and 12 markers. Do you see it?
a62270508e842c0655d10ed0f79a0ffb.png
b8c896c6fe037aa4cf967f61c2afcc87.png

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
I remember reading about the markers before buying mine...studying gen comparison pics and never picked up on it.

Had the watch about 6 months and finally noticed it, but for me it is very minor and wouldn't put me off buying/keeping the watch - it's a great release!

kryckan13

Renowned Member
25/6/17
Sweden
Love your watch.

Where did you buy it from?

Thanks mate! It’s a great watch, and I don’t mind that those markers are not exactly like gen. :)

I bought it from WatchOutlet last winter when Francis was still in charge of sales over there.

Any of our TDs should be able to get one for you, so just ask your TD of choise. Good luck!

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk