• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Best rep Monaco around these days

cmaster

6/9/13
I’m looking for a Monaco.

Years ago I looked at some but the reps were canal Street quality and I wanted something better.

Are there any reasonably decent ones about like the omegas and pams that seem so much better in general.

Thanks

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16

Years ago I looked at some but the reps were canal Street quality and I wanted something better.

Are there any reasonably decent ones about like the omegas and pams that seem so much better in general.

Thanks

in a word, no

cmaster

6/9/13
Good question.

Something that isn’t rattly and won’t instantly get called out.

Something that has a slight feel of quality even if it doesn’t have that gen feel.

Hor-Fan

When the going gets weird
Supporter
Certified
14/1/17
Bat Country
There really aren't any. The only ones available are quartz cheapies, go on DHg and search "Monaco watch"- those are your choices.

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
There really aren't any. The only ones available are quartz cheapies, go on DHg and search "Monaco watch"- those are your choices.

What he says here. This is why I posted above as I did. I guess if you don't mind a $79 Quartz monaco then go for it.

cmaster

6/9/13
What he says here. This is why I posted above as I did. I guess if you don't mind a $79 Quartz monaco then go for it.
I think I probably would mind.

In my head I think it might be alright. But then it would arrive and be cr@p and I’d regret dropping any money on it and it’d get thrown in the canal street drawer!

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
I still find quite odd that they are not able to replicate the Monaco Calibre 12, which is basically a normal chrono (original is an ETA 2892 with chrono module) with crown on the right. What's so complicated about a two-registers chronograph?

ward1991

Luminor-Based
Patron
Certified
24/7/13

Thanks
All of these replies are relatively misleading. Ask a good TD. Theyll show you are quartz version that is passable. Incorrect subdials, quartz and some other flaws visually. But totally passable and look pretty good. Better than DH versions.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: sishac

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
I got this a couple of years ago, from a webpage called PerfectWatches, it's an automatic, 7750 movement I think, working chrono and all subdials. Wasn't cheap. Looking for a good gator strap to complete it. Cheers

1e36e34ba446775258b616f4ce93c51c.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Cazza

Horology Curious
19/2/19
Anybody found anything recently?

Found one on aliexpress but im yet to see proper pics, and fro $65 i dont think its going to be that good.

palaufreak

Renowned Member
7/7/16
You can search in trusty's site. He's got a few

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Cazza

Horology Curious
19/2/19
Ordered one, apparently its aaa quality, will see when it arrives.

Reactions: leo6929

Cazza

Horology Curious
19/2/19
Mine finally arrived today, so far it look and works well. Its Not 100% perfect but for the price im happy. Pics in a sec.

Reactions: leo6929

ICEMAN-Hoyle

Known Member
1/12/18
Mine finally arrived today, so far it look and works well. Its Not 100% perfect but for the price im happy. Pics in a sec.

Looking forward to the pics and info on where you got it from soon mate cheers

Cazza

Horology Curious
19/2/19
Got it from AliExpress, they only put them up when is a buyer as apparently they are not allowed to sell them.

Cant do pics as they are to big, trying to resize them or will ad a link.