• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help needed on Carerra Calibre 1887 PVD black

mat2006

Renowned Member
31/7/17
Hello guys,

I am interested in the tag heuer calibre 1887 with black PVD. I read a lot about it but there are several versions available.

1. Can someone tell me if this model is the best version of it or if not if there is a better version of it available?
2. What are the main tells/ flaws about the watch?
3. Is this the model from the nwbig list?

Here is the links:
https://www.intime03.co/tag-heuer/2...lack-dial-on-black-leather-strap-cal1887.html

Thank you very much!

Last edited:
Reactions: connfull

SikRipAndPanic

The answer is yes but what was the question
7/2/17
London / Essex Area
Buckle Up here comes my point in detail.
"Can you spot any flaws or tells?" = From the research you have done based on (and I'm going out on a limb here) the desire to purchase the piece, can you (yourself) see any faults or differences when comparing the replica to the genuine piece.

Cheers

mat2006

Renowned Member
31/7/17
I am sorry but I don't understand your point.

The issue is that there are many different calibre 1887 models. Some on SS and also on PVD. On the super rep list also is a 1887 model and I wanted to be be sure if the model of the PVD version which I am interested in this thread also has super rep status.
My research showed that there used to be issues with the colour of the blued srews on the caseback inside and that it might be a slight tell.
I did not hear anything else. Research means for me I browsed many threads in this forum already, but I could not find a clear answer yet which is the reason I opened this thread.

psantos1091

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/8/13
not anyone? :)

I bought this watch years ago so maybe I can be of assistance.
It's not a super rep. The original is made out of titanium. This is steel so it's quite heavy. Only thing...mine was 45mm and not 43 so it was big. That may of been updated but idk. If you order, ask for qc with a pic of the watch in calipers to show the true size. It was/is an awesome watch. I ended up giving it to my brother though, and after the few years he's had it, the finish of the black coating did not fade or wear off. No service needed to the A7750 either. So..It's a good purchase. He recently told me he went to a concert and one of the musicians commented on it....It is an impressive watch. I liked it, but not enough to keep it. YMMV. Couldn't really sell it, people here like to pay 1/4 of the money you spend on M2M. Which is why, I never sell my watches and end up giving them away as gifts when I truly don't want em no more...Anyways, I'd buy it if you like it.. It's very thick btw! GL

Reactions: mat2006

mat2006

Renowned Member
31/7/17
I bought this watch years ago so maybe I can be of assistance.
It's not a super rep. The original is made out of titanium. This is steel so it's quite heavy. Only thing...mine was 45mm and not 43 so it was big. That may of been updated but idk. If you order, ask for qc with a pic of the watch in calipers to show the true size. It was/is an awesome watch. I ended up giving it to my brother though, and after the few years he's had it, the finish of the black coating did not fade or wear off. No service needed to the A7750 either. So..It's a good purchase. He recently told me he went to a concert and one of the musicians commented on it....It is an impressive watch. I liked it, but not enough to keep it. YMMV. Couldn't really sell it, people here like to pay 1/4 of the money you spend on M2M. Which is why, I never sell my watches and end up giving them away as gifts when I truly don't want em no more...Anyways, I'd buy it if you like it.. It's very thick btw! GL

Thank you very much for your input that helps me a lot!

mat2006

Renowned Member
31/7/17
Incase there is anyone that has the latest version from the link I provided, it would be great if he could leave a comment concerning the case size and the watch itself.

Gesendet von iPhone mit RWI

Korgscrew

Horology Curious
23/5/18
Mine is from Intime. Perfect, couldn't be happier!

20180601_155651_004_zpshq3px4ro_edit_1527865083314_zpsob7mi0s3.jpg