• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Arrival - Tag Heuer monaco Concept 24

krispee

1/5/12
Hi all.
Thought i`d post my new watch, a Monaco Concept 24, only 3 pics at the moment and apologies for the quality, will take some more soon.

TagHeuerMonaco_1.jpg

TagHeuerMonaco_2.jpg

TagHeuerMonaco_3.jpg

It looks great so far, chrono works, and it keeps good time. The movement is a 7750 with supposedly seconds @ 3.00, but that isn`t right, the seconds are at 9.00, with the chrono minutes at 3, so not sure why they described it thus. Changing the time and date means unscrewing the crown and then pulling the stem out in two places, which is ok, but the crown itself does move a little when it`s pulled right out, like a small wobble. Also the rotor does make more noise than my other watches. It works nicely though, give the watch a flick and the rotor spins very freely and a lot. There is a small issue with the tiny screws holding the back case, they are a little scruffy, like the screwdriver screwing them in had too much force applied to it. It isn`t much though and I can always change them out at some point.
It`s heavier than my Breitling and the strap is pretty awful, par for the course for reps really, so I`ve bought another to replace it.
Overall I`m happy with the watch, even if it needs a little tlc.

More shots to come.
Cheers.

UDTMIKE

I'm Pretty Popular
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
15/5/17
7750 are known for their noisy rotors.

Markohobben

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
3/7/17
Very nice! I had it but quite too thick and with that fotos spinning so fast and noisily.
However a very nice watch and compliments!

krispee

1/5/12
Very nice! I had it but quite too thick and with that fotos spinning so fast and noisily.
However a very nice watch and compliments!
Thanks. It is quite high, not as much as some of them mind you, but still pretty high. I can cope with it but the one thing that does annoy me is the noisy rotor. I think I might get that looked at by a watchmaker.

krispee

1/5/12
Very nice! Getting rare these days, where did you find it?
Thanks. I got it from Josh at Perfect Clones, who isn`t a dealer here but is over at the other replica watch forum, whos name escapes me for the moment.

Markohobben

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
3/7/17
very nice! i had one some years ago and the rotor was fast as a F1 car!

too thick for my wrist indeed and so re-sold quite quickly.

as always, pity there is not a decent rep for the standard monaco

krispee

1/5/12
very nice! i had one some years ago and the rotor was fast as a F1 car!

too thick for my wrist indeed and so re-sold quite quickly.

as always, pity there is not a decent rep for the standard monaco
It is fast too, very quick rotor. To be the honest the original is also a high watch, and there are a lot of other watches out there even higher. U-Boat and RM to name a couple. I don`t wear shirts much, mostly tops, which have no effect on high watches. I did look at the standard Monaco but I liked the colours on this one much more.

Watch-addict

Renowned Member
23/5/15
U.K
Does the black rotor move or is that a cover over a hidden one? Looked at quite a few of these in Egypt and options were automatic but not a working chrono and pushers just moved the inner dials or a quartz with a working chrono with fixed black rotor plus the atrocious spelling on the back put me off but your version looks a better one.

Wraithier

19/6/16
This looks very good. Too bad they removed the “TAG Heuer” script from the bottom edge of the case in the production version of the watch.

krispee

1/5/12
Does the black rotor move or is that a cover over a hidden one? Looked at quite a few of these in Egypt and options were automatic but not a working chrono and pushers just moved the inner dials or a quartz with a working chrono with fixed black rotor plus the atrocious spelling on the back put me off but your version looks a better one.
The black rotor is the rotor, which is a change from the original as there it`s just a cover. Yes, this is a working chrono version, A7750, which has had its problems from what I`ve heard but this seems stable if not perfect. It is quite heavy but I`ve heard that the original is also heavy but in comparison to what I`m not sure. It sits ok on the wrist, even my smaller one.

krispee

1/5/12
This looks very good. Too bad they removed the “TAG Heuer” script from the bottom edge of the case in the production version of the watch.
Thanks. I have a "Tag Heuer" on the bottom of mine. The front that is.

Wraithier

19/6/16
Thanks. I have a "Tag Heuer" on the bottom of mine. The front that is.

I know but it's not there on the gen. I don't think it would bug me though since it's not something the average person will know, and there aren't many Monaco reps as nice as this.

krispee

1/5/12
I know but it's not there on the gen. I don't think it would bug me though since it's not something the average person will know, and there aren't many Monaco reps as nice as this.
Ah right, come to mention it I was looking at the gen yesterday and didn`t see it on there, and it doesn`t bother me much either. I guess they can`t get everything right, if they did we probably wouldn`t be here. Plus it was on a special offer on the site so it was a better deal than some of the other chrono`s I`ve seen. I`ve also deviated from the gen further by adding a tan strap.

Watch-addict

Renowned Member
23/5/15
U.K
Just had a look on his site and quite tempted, do you know where is he based and how long did it take to come through?

krispee

1/5/12
Just had a look on his site and quite tempted, do you know where is he based and how long did it take to come through?
To be honest I`m not sure where he`s based, I do know that the watches I`ve had from him have all been good, not that I`ve bought a lot. He`s a TD over at RWG if you want to find out more. They don`t take long to come, once you get the QC pics the process is pretty quick. I did query something and that slowed the process down quite a bit but after the QC was accepted I think mine took less than a week to come.

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
Some pics of mine:
f286b3c2fd44d0c3ef0ab6e946abedb6.jpg
fce3b932f7547ae691f0e3b4489ee613.jpg
bb6629fe84be53a3f321069cd00d0a25.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

krispee

1/5/12
Some pics of mine:
f286b3c2fd44d0c3ef0ab6e946abedb6.jpg
fce3b932f7547ae691f0e3b4489ee613.jpg
bb6629fe84be53a3f321069cd00d0a25.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Hey, great pics, not sure if you are satisfied with the strap but I couldn`t deal with the deployment. Anyway, enjoy the watch.