• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Mini review Aquaracer Calibre 5 SS MKF 1:1 "Best Edition"

sunnydale

Put Some Respect On My Name
29/8/09
I ordered mine from Sead, now the waiting starts...QC pics first.

Please post some more pics of your watch!

jovame

Known Member
29/3/12
Great review and beautiful shots, thank you!

Since you mentioned the issue with the markers on 6,9,12 divided in half by a "metal strip" I was wondering which are the specific advantages of the MKF version compared to the V6F (apart from the obvious design differences to the 2015 version like the new tag logo, new 43mm size etc.)

https://www.intime01.co/tag-heuer/3...-dial-ceramic-bezel-on-ss-bracelet-a2824.html

https://www.intime01.co/tag-heuer/3...ial-ceramic-bezel-on-leather-strap-a2824.html

Want to pull the trigger but can't really decide which one to go with.

To be fair, I think the V6F is the better rep here, at least judging from the pics.
6,9,12 Markers are closer to gen, bezel marker alignment seems better and the numbers on the bezel are fatter printed which is also closer to gen.
When I ordered the MKF the V6F was not available yet, but even if it was I would still go for the MKF because I prefer the blue dial and bezel and the metal bracelet. The V6F only comes in black with a leather and canvas strap, at least for now..
If you like this and don't mind the 2015 model the V6F is probably the best option now...

But make no mistake, the MKF is a beautiful watch and I'm very happy with it despite its small faults!

jovame

Known Member
29/3/12
I ordered mine from Sead, now the waiting starts...QC pics first.

Please post some more pics of your watch!
Here you go...
a4a0801443bb845dfee3ce9947a8da5b.jpg

77760119b03c63ef543953266d5a55a1.jpg

Superocean7

Horology Curious
30/11/16
To be fair, I think the V6F is the better rep here, at least judging from the pics.
6,9,12 Markers are closer to gen, bezel marker alignment seems better and the numbers on the bezel are fatter printed which is also closer to gen.
When I ordered the MKF the V6F was not available yet, but even if it was I would still go for the MKF because I prefer the blue dial and bezel and the metal bracelet. The V6F only comes in black with a leather and canvas strap, at least for now..
If you like this and don't mind the 2015 model the V6F is probably the best option now...

But make no mistake, the MKF is a beautiful watch and I'm very happy with it despite its small faults!

Thanks for your detailed feedback! The watch you ordered looks absolutely stunning to be honest, great pictures!!

Totally agree with you on those points and I feel the same way. The V6F seems to be the more accurate rep but I would definitely prefer the metal bracelet as well (or maybe a silicon strap) so I will probably wait. That way I have still some time to decide on which color I want to go with .. that blue dial looks very tempting actually

e36bmer

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/1/16
So I went ahead and ordered the new Aquaracer Calibre 5 from MKF, after they corrected their f*ck-up with the tabs along the bezel (if you don't know what I'm talking about, see here: https://forum.replica-watch.info/threads/newest-aquaracer-calibre-5-300m-2016-model.367693/).

They repped the 2016 model of this Aquaracer, which is 43 mm and has the new Tag logo. For the differences with the 2015 model, see this link:
https://www.calibre11.com/2016-tag-heuer-aquaracer-300m-calibre-5-ceramic-43mm/

It's available with a black or blue dial and bezel; I went for the blue one (Tag model WAY201B).
I never heard of the maker MKF before, but apart from the now resolved issue with the bezel tabs position they've done a great job I think. The look, feel and finishing make this one of the better reps I've encountered. Maybe it's not a super rep cause there are still some issues, like the fact that the 12, 6 and 9 markers are approx. divided in half by a metal strip in the rep but in the gen it's more like 1/3 vs. 2/3.

Some pics:

Very readable date and very neatly applied cyclops.

Screw-in crown with logo. Feels very stable when pulled out.

Ceramic bezel.

I'm no expert on metal bracelets, but these look like tight fitting end links to me!

It's certainly not a small watch, and weighs around 195 grams with 2 links removed from the bracelet.

Brushed deployment clasp with engraving, could have been a little more pronounced I think...

Horizontal striping on the dial makes for a nice effect in different lighting conditions.

Bracelet looks very good and is brushed all over. Links are not screwed but connected with pins, but I guess this goes for the gen also. Gaps visible between the links, not sure if that's supposed to be gen like.

Tiny date window when viewed directly from an angle. The cyclops gives a good magnification!

Good bicolor lume, a nice touch.

I really like what MKF have done with this Aquaracer, and can recommend this watch without reservations.
Two things to watch out for when checking the QC pics:
The silver paint of the bezel markings can be somewhat irregularly applied, and make sure the bezel is aligned correctly.

If I didn't already have 3 divers and nothing else, I'd think about picking this up. I clearly have a type of watch that I like, this is it.

est4129

Supporter
15/9/18
Thanks for your detailed feedback! The watch you ordered looks absolutely stunning to be honest, great pictures!!

Totally agree with you on those points and I feel the same way. The V6F seems to be the more accurate rep but I would definitely prefer the metal bracelet as well (or maybe a silicon strap) so I will probably wait. That way I have still some time to decide on which color I want to go with .. that blue dial looks very tempting actually

I apologize if I shouldn't have bumped this old thread to the top but I just joined the forum after lurking for a few weeks. I am looking to buy my first rep which I want to be of this watch.

Is this the V6F version being referred to in this post: https://puretime.io/aquaracer-calib...-dial-ceramic-bezel-on-nylon-strap-a2824.html

Dinhanhhs

Looking Around
19/12/18
So I went ahead and ordered the new Aquaracer Calibre 5 from MKF, after they corrected their f*ck-up with the tabs along the bezel (if you don't know what I'm talking about, see here: https://forum.replica-watch.info/threads/newest-aquaracer-calibre-5-300m-2016-model.367693/).

They repped the 2016 model of this Aquaracer, which is 43 mm and has the new Tag logo. For the differences with the 2015 model, see this link:
https://www.calibre11.com/2016-tag-heuer-aquaracer-300m-calibre-5-ceramic-43mm/

It's available with a black or blue dial and bezel; I went for the blue one (Tag model WAY201B).
I never heard of the maker MKF before, but apart from the now resolved issue with the bezel tabs position they've done a great job I think. The look, feel and finishing make this one of the better reps I've encountered. Maybe it's not a super rep cause there are still some issues, like the fact that the 12, 6 and 9 markers are approx. divided in half by a metal strip in the rep but in the gen it's more like 1/3 vs. 2/3.

Some pics:

Very readable date and very neatly applied cyclops.

Screw-in crown with logo. Feels very stable when pulled out.

Ceramic bezel.

I'm no expert on metal bracelets, but these look like tight fitting end links to me!

It's certainly not a small watch, and weighs around 195 grams with 2 links removed from the bracelet.

Brushed deployment clasp with engraving, could have been a little more pronounced I think...

Horizontal striping on the dial makes for a nice effect in different lighting conditions.

Bracelet looks very good and is brushed all over. Links are not screwed but connected with pins, but I guess this goes for the gen also. Gaps visible between the links, not sure if that's supposed to be gen like.

Tiny date window when viewed directly from an angle. The cyclops gives a good magnification!

Good bicolor lume, a nice touch.

I really like what MKF have done with this Aquaracer, and can recommend this watch without reservations.
Two things to watch out for when checking the QC pics:
The silver paint of the bezel markings can be somewhat irregularly applied, and make sure the bezel is aligned correctly.

Very nice review, please tell me where can i buy it? thank you sir :D

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
i can find 10 place to buy but i dont know where the high quality like him, that why i ask, please think before comment !!!!

I put a lot of thought into comments thank you.

If you have done any reading/research on here you would know exactly where TDs sell them.