• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

2017 Heuer Autavia

Daft_Punk

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/16
This hopefully is on the radar of the factories ....
start asking TD for it now ..!

https://monochrome-watches.com/tag-heuer-autavia-2017-prototype-2/

TAG-Heuer-Autavia-2017-Prototype-8.jpg

TAG-Heuer-Autavia-2017-Prototype-2.jpg

G_sus

Renowned Member
9/11/15
I have just come in here to ask this if any one has heard anything in regards to this

If it was any good, id take it in quartz if I had to...

randomstring

5/1/13
Would love one of these. Someone please rep! I think I'd prefer microstepper Quartz to inaccurate dial spacing

britain4

I'm Pretty Popular
13/11/15
Canal street junk, date is misaligned

....only joking lol this is lovely, I'm not 100% a fan though, not sure about the design/font of the subdials TBH

D

d4m.test

I will take it immediately if its a good rep..

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando RWI

Idreamofgenie

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/7/19
Any Tag Heuer Autavia Isograph bronze rep? The watch looks beautiful.. google it and you will know

PeteB

Known Member
11/1/16
No maker is working on it....TAG is not welcomed in China, makers are focused on Chinese market now.

It has been released - by a little known maker, and probably only mediocre quality. Chinese "free markets" are a wonder :). Should have it in a couple of weeks and will report on the quality.

nunu78

I'm Pretty Popular
17/7/10
ive seen few members on RWG got steel version with 21j movement and report is that its pretty descent rep for $100 shipped.

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
It has been released - by a little known maker, and probably only mediocre quality. Chinese "free markets" are a wonder :). Should have it in a couple of weeks and will report on the quality.

Wow that looks decent, keen to hear thoughts on it once in hand.

nunu78

I'm Pretty Popular
17/7/10
its pretty descent rep, 21j movement with sapphire crystal. Bracelet comes with usual sharp corners which can be passed through polisher but the biggest flaw itself is bracelet which is correct for aquaracer. in my opinion better option is leather strap. Some members reported about loose bezel.

PeteB

Known Member
11/1/16
The green Autavia arrived and, as promised, here is a mini-review and some photos. Obviously, this is no superrep, but is well made for the price. First of all, here are a few photos of the gen which has an MSRP of around $ 5,400:

The general look and feel of the watch is pretty positive, especially at the $ 120 price paid for it. Unlike the gen, the watch case is RG and not Bronze, something that will be a future dead giveaway, but it does look good and reasonably accurate out of the box. For a relatively cheap rep, it is well done and has a smooth Seagull movement, measured at -12 s/d accuracy. The white stitched green leather strap is a slightly different shade from the gen, but is soft, comfortable and looks way more gen-like than the rep bracelet. The back is correctly made in SS and engraved, but the engraving quality leaves a lot to be desired (again at this price, I am probably nitpicking).

The dial has good texture and proper graduation, although the shade of green is somewhat different from the gen, but you would probably need them side by side to notice (note that my photos below do not do the color justice - it appears much more subdued similar to my shot of the closeup of 12 o'clock). The text has reasonably crisp printing, well lumed numerals and a somewhat smaller but reasonably accurate date at the 6 o'clock position. The ceramic bezel is well made, bidirectional like the gen, but the font used is off somewhat, and it is just a tad looser than I would like. The sapphire crystal is raised like the gen but does not appear to have any AR coating. The crown is similar, but not quite gen-like. On the flip side, it does screw in. The RG buckle looks decent. For an affordable rep, a nice effort.

Here are a few photos:

4rpr

Horology Curious
19/6/20
What TD can I buy the Tag Autavia from?
Did anyone rep this bronze model?

2a39a899f121d755798a63269d7d07fa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk