• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tiger Woods Tag Heuer Golf Watch - Review & Pictoral

Keyhole

Known Member
11/4/07
tiger2logo.jpg

Right Cick - Save As For Hi-Res

The Tiger Woods Tag Heuer Golf Watch has finally been repped properly. Previous versions have left us wanting a more accurate replica, and this time around the replica makers have left me satisfied. The dial is properly reproduced to represent the dimples of a golf ball. These are highly pronounced and give the dial a personality not found on other watches.

Conventional watches often get in the way or affect your swing in a negative manner. Tiger Woods and Tag Heuer have eliminated the common problems associated with a regular watch. The Profession Golf watch was designed specifically to be worn while playing a round of golf.

The first major obstacle was the clasp. Quite often a standard clasp can feel awkward and often hurt a players wrist. Tag Heuer integrated the clasp into the watch head with a revolutionary patented system. This is replicated very well on this version and the clasp closes tight and leaves no worry that it could possibly open unintentionally. The clasp is deployed by pressing the push buttons located at the 10 & 2 o'clock markers.

To further improve the comfort of the watch, the crown was moved from the 3 o'clock position to 9 o'clock. The crown on the replica does not screw down, so by no means would this version be considered water resistant. Be sure to take cover when the rain starts falling! Or at least pop it in the waterproof pouch on your golf bag :)

Tag also utilized a ultra-flexible rubber strap for convenience. The strap never slides, prevents any shock on the wrist and adapts its length to any change in wrist diameter. The strap is adjustable by deploying the clasp and clicking back the "Tag Heuer" marked lever. After you adjust the rubber to the appropriate length, just move the lever back into place and it snugly grabs the rubber strap. In order to make the strap fit my wrist properly, I had to cut a portion of the rubber strap away. Since the adjusted portion of the strap is inside of the back of the watch, there is no room for additional strap.

tiger4.jpg

"Its so incredibly light you literally forget it’s on your wrist--until you need it." - Tiger Woods

One of the first things I noticed when I received my watch was just how light it was. A regular watch is often too heavy and your swing and putting precision can be affected. The genuine is made of ultra-light titanium, stainless steel and silicon rubber. The genuine Tag Heuer Golf Watch weighs only 55 grams. The replica follows this trend and is also extremely light.

tiger1.jpg

Another reason I typically do wear a watch during a round of golf is the wear and tear on an automatic movement caused by repetitive and violent shocks generated by golf swings. The genuine as well as the replica both house an accurate and reliable quartz movement. Now I can swing without the worry of ruining my expensive ETA movement.

The caseback is also copied accurately. It includes Tiger Woods' signature, limited edition numbered markings, and a finely brushed SS finish.

tiger3.jpg

The Tiger Woods Tag Heuer Golf Watch is a great value for the price. It can generally be found for between $110-$130. For a little bit more you can even receive a box set that includes a Tag Heuer hang tag, circular zipped box, warranty card and papers. If you are an avid golfer or just a fan of the sport, I highly recommend picking one up! I purchased this particular watch from TWP and it was an excellent transaction!

moggio

I'm Pretty Popular
25/3/06
Thanks for your valuable review...its great to knoew about it..and people can now have a look at it in different level ..

Sylar

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
17/1/07
Keyhole, nice work mate. Pictures are awesome and the review is unfathomed.

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
Hi,
thx for this review on an unusual watch. I've been lurking at it often, even if it's not on my priority list.
But how to choose the right one ? There are so many models, including very inexpensive ones (that look good too and cost less than 70 dollars).
Just as an example, here are the ones found by TT :
http://www.trustytime88.com/index.php?m ... d=tag+golf

Any thoughts ?

Keyhole

Known Member
11/4/07
The cheapest one I see listed on there is the $108 version. That is the same one that I have with the Asian Quartz.

Thanks for the compliments guys!

Aji

Known Member
31/5/07
Nice review Keyhole.....

But the question is .......do you think wearing the watch will improve your handycap :lol: :D

Keyhole

Known Member
11/4/07
Aji said:
Nice review Keyhole.....

But the question is .......do you think wearing the watch will improve your handycap :lol: :D

Absolutely not! :lol:

jdavis

28/9/06
Keyhole, you did too well with this review. I was moved to make the purchase of one of the new TW models with box and papers (not sure why I need the box etc.) from Perfect Clones. It arrived in less than a week and is everything that your review says that it is. I had the opportunity to compare it to a genuine recently while playing golf with a gent who also had one and there are no apparent differences. Other players commented on the watches and no one knew the difference...and I didn't tell :wink:

P4GTR

Banned
9/9/07
What a ugly watch.

Great review none-the-less! :lol:

kidxer

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/1/07
Great review. It's been a few months since it was done; does anyone know who carries the best version of this watch for a decent price? I'm looking to get one as a gift for my brother.
Thanks in advance.
k

daytona4me

Robert - EOW 19/01/2024
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
indeed, great review! I think I'll copy this to the hall of fame if you dont mind?

chano79

Banned
19/1/09
Re:

Aji said:
Nice review Keyhole.....

Lol, I know right, I dont even feel comfortable wearing a watch when I hit my drive

steve12345

Banned
4/9/06
Some of these have sapphire crystal and others have mineral crystal. i think this watch is in my future.

twlink10

Horology Curious
19/7/09
I've really been thinking about buying one of these. Now that my Fakeymariner is in, I think I need a new watch to wait on lol.

dgolf88

Horology Curious
7/9/09
I am a newby to this forum however this is an awesome looking watch. It helps that I am a big golfer. At first I wasn't to wild about it but the more I look at it the more I want it. Great review. Now I think I will purchase one.

king_o

Known Member
17/11/07
I never paid much attention to this watch as I don't usually like square/rectangle watches but this is a very interesting and informative review and as a golfer would consider that watch now to wear when playing!!.

Thanks for a great review..................