• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Aquaracer Bamford

mfcarbon

Looking Around
4/5/22
SF/PHX
Love titanium and hoping to pick up one of these soon. Has anyone cracked one open to confirm it’s actually a SW200 in there? How are these holding up for everyone?

Oeilvert

Certified
20/1/22
UK
Love titanium and hoping to pick up one of these soon. Has anyone cracked one open to confirm it’s actually a SW200 in there? How are these holding up for everyone?
Received one the other day. Will crack it open tomorrow and confirm what the movement is... I expect it to be a clone but it does seem smoother running than any A2824 I've used previously so maybe...

Last edited:

Oeilvert

Certified
20/1/22
UK
Okay, here you go chaps:

Looks legit, I think?

This is a great rep in my opinion. Largest issue is the incorrect lume colour used on the hands but c'mon, only 1500 gen of these in the wild, nobody will ever notice. Especially as the lume on the watch overall is very subdued, it doesn't glow in low light like my Tudor's or Pam's do, it only lights up gently in complete darkness... Sure if you hit it with a UV torch it glows but that's a totally unnatural scenario for it and has no relation to what you'll see day to day.

mfcarbon

Looking Around
4/5/22
SF/PHX
Okay, here you go chaps:

Looks legit, I think?

This is a great rep in my opinion. Largest issue is the incorrect lume colour used on the hands but c'mon, only 1500 gen of these in the wild, nobody will ever notice. Especially as the lume on the watch overall is very subdued, it doesn't glow in low light like my Tudor's or Pam's do, it only lights up gently in complete darkness... Sure if you hit it with a UV torch it glows but that's a totally unnatural scenario for it and has no relation to what you'll see day to day.
Appreciate the pictures! I picked one up shortly after my original post, and it's been running strong without issue. I think down the line when it eventually needs a service, I may have the hands re-lumed to match. Honestly such a fantastic rep.

Reactions: Oeilvert

Oeilvert

Certified
20/1/22
UK
Appreciate the pictures! I picked one up shortly after my original post, and it's been running strong without issue. I think down the line when it eventually needs a service, I may have the hands re-lumed to match. Honestly such a fantastic rep.

It's a great rep, probably my favourite so far. The lume issue is so minor really... For example I was in a jewellers earlier today who sell TAG watches, I was checking a few display models out and the salesman and I got talking, he commented on my Bamford so I took it off and handed it over for him to look at... He loved it. Possibly he was being polite but as far as I could tell even the TAG salesman didn't realise it was a rep ;)

Had a couple of messages about this watch asking where to buy it - I bought mine from the OP of this thread but I always buy my new reps from either Trusty Time or Sead. When buying don't bother paying extra for the box, it's terrible quality... it creaks and groans like a fake and the H in Heuer is missing from the logo lol.

Last edited:

quelle'heure

Horology Curious
3/1/24
Resurrecting an old thread but is the XTF model the same as the OF one just under a different name?

Also if anyone has one of these they'd be interested in parting with then let me know!