• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Aquaracer Bamford

garnier

Renowned Member
30/5/12
Just found one on eBay for $1750,

Tag Heuer Titanium Watch 43mm Way208F.BF0638 With Swiss SW200-1

Here’s a lume pic he sent me
5be214e8bdac5963cf5d41a2e4362bf2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw a genuine one with that exact lume, correct serial and code in warranty card so I guess it was gen. I know the genuine lume, at least in internet pictures, is the same in markers and hands, but the one I saw was genuine. Maybe the hands were replaced or whatever, I do not know

Last edited:

Berwatch

Known Member
13/10/20
For 1750$, I'd say it is definitly not genuine.
The cheapest you can find on chrono 24 is double that amount.
Still, that lume topic is interesting, I will try and investigate on it.
I guess the easiest way is to ask for lume shots to chrono 24 sellers...

garnier

Renowned Member
30/5/12
http://www.ebay.com/p/21047757071
Here's the link to the offer, it's listed at 4706$!!
I have sent requests for lume shot to every chrono 24 seller, one already responded he would send me one later, we'll see...

Yes, keep us posted. The one I saw was genuine and lume was not blue for the hands. Maybe the hands were replaced, who knows, but papers and serials and movement was ok, with tag heuer invoice too

Berwatch

Known Member
13/10/20
The Ebay seller is japanese, has 97.8 satisfaction reports, 918 sales...
I have the feeling it could be gen after all.
One possibility is that the few lume shots there is on the web are from the Tag prototype, and that the production run of the gen has green hands after all.
That would be very good news as it is the only flaw of this watch...
Will keep posted as soon as I receive pics from other sellers, might take some time though because of new year hollydays and such...
I really love those online investigations!

Berwatch

Known Member
13/10/20
One all green, one all blue, one mix and match.
This is getting shady, I am not sure what to think...

Berwatch

Known Member
13/10/20
Sorry for the spam guys but I just talked to the 3 sellers and they all said the lume is full blue.
Conclusion is, the gen is full blue lume, the rep is flawed, the one for sale on ebay for 4700$ by a reputable seller is a fake.
I wonder if he is even aware...

garnier

Renowned Member
30/5/12
Sorry for the spam guys but I just talked to the 3 sellers and they all said the lume is full blue.
Conclusion is, the gen is full blue lume, the rep is flawed, the one for sale on ebay for 4700$ by a reputable seller is a fake.
I wonder if he is even aware...

Other thing could be that the hands were replaced by whatever, even customized by some owner, there are many strange things, but the one I saw was genuine. You can ask that hapanese seller to provide you the serial and check it in tag heuer website, that way you can know if it is genuine or fake

Usernametaken

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
31/5/18
There’s 3 pictures all look full blue to me, all 3 owners say it’s full blue. I don’t think you were looking at a gen buddy.

garnier

Renowned Member
30/5/12
There’s 3 pictures all look full blue to me, all 3 owners say it’s full blue. I don’t think you were looking at a gen buddy.

Yesterday I saw the same watch, with green lume on hands, correct serial al correct code in warranty card, matching tag heuer warranty website. My friend went to a good watchsmith shop, where luxury watches like rolex omega etc are repaired and they said the watch is genuine. In fact he is thinking on selling it because it was a gift from the company where he works, and he only uses an apple watch

after that he went to a pawn shop and after checking it they offered him 1800€ for the watch, so now he is thinking whether sell it there or try to get at least 2000-2300€

Last edited:

garnier

Renowned Member
30/5/12
Pretty sure gen is all blue lume only.

Yes, I think the same, the only explanation is that the hands were relumed or replaced by an OEM ones

Last edited:

Usernametaken

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
31/5/18
Yesterday I saw the same watch, with green lume on hands, correct serial al correct code in warranty card, matching tag heuer warranty website. My friend went to a good watchsmith shop, where luxury watches like rolex omega etc are repaired and they said the watch is genuine. In fact he is thinking on selling it because it was a gift from the company where he works, and he only uses an apple watch

after that he went to a pawn shop and after checking it they offered him 1800€ for the watch, so now he is thinking whether sell it there or try to get at least 2000-2300€

Mkay..

Berwatch

Known Member
13/10/20
Very strange...
I can't imagine why anybody would change the lume on those hands.
Anyway, look at the prices on chrono24, if your friend can sell it as gen ( wich it is'nt probably), the prices range anywhere from 3500 to 4500 usd (3200 to 4000 eur)...

garnier

Renowned Member
30/5/12
Very strange...
I can't imagine why anybody would change the lume on those hands.
Anyway, look at the prices on chrono24, if your friend can sell it as gen ( wich it is'nt probably), the prices range anywhere from 3500 to 4500 usd (3200 to 4000 eur)...

Seems that the previous owner do scuba dive and said the hands were not bright enough, and finally he bought a pelagos

Last edited:

Berwatch

Known Member
13/10/20
Seems that the previous owner do scuba dive and said the hands were not bright enough, and finally he bought a pelagos

Well, it was silly to buy that particular aquaracer in the first place then, it doesn't have lumed bezel wich is a big no no for scuba.
The Pelagos will do much better for that matter.
This aquaracer Bamford is some sort of fashion watch, definitly not a proper diver.
But I love it, it looks great.

Iquit040

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
31/5/17
I am waiting on one from a TD. Should be here any day hopefully.