• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex Rep Movement 1:1?

Alexcm123

Horology Curious
30/7/18
US
Hello, I was just wondering if the Rolex Rep automatic movement I see on eBay is a true 1:1 rep or just made to look the part?

Thanks

Docrolex

Known Member
28/12/19
Germany
Close but not 1 : 1 , the part for regulating is a different type of construction (microstella, which the rep. Does not have)

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Dimensions, it's the same, it'll take the genuine parts and fit in a genuine case. As said, the balance is different, and being a Chinese copy it is probably not going to be as long lived due to lower quality materials, poorer machining tolerances and need for a service by most right off the bat.

Docrolex

Known Member
28/12/19
Germany
It is not 100% gen size, or maybe they have certain tolerances, varying from movement to movement, but I had problems fitting a vr3135 into am100% gen case. I know from others who had to modify the case to take the replica movement. I had problems with the rotor hitting the caseback, as my movement seems to be slightly thicker than gen. Movement.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
What was the midcase and caseback? I've heard of issues with the OP date 1500. I think the cases have less interior clearance then others. I'm trying to remember. I think the autowind module sits slightly higher, but I could be mistaken. How did you solve this?