Announcement

Collapse

Please Consider Supporting RWI Today!

We depend on Supporter & Patron subscriptions to pay the bills. Please consider supporting RWI TODAY, CLICK HERE for info on how to subscribe.
See more
See less

Any experts out there, is this Asian or Swiss ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any experts out there, is this Asian or Swiss ?

Tried to get a decent pic
    could this be Swiss or just a cheapie I was given ?

Unitas 6325 not sure if that's gen as all the pics I saw has different engravings.

Anyway it really need overhaul....

Comment

It’s not an ETA 6497. Three signs:
      - no ETA symbol under the balance wheel (next to the + symbol)
      - 17 is typically spelled out as well
      - SWISS is usually located remote of the jewel count near the click spring and ratchet wheel.
      I’m not familiar with the marking pre-ETA (1980) when it was a Unitas/EbauchesSA company.

Comment

Thanks guys

Comment

What is the watch itself? That can help to identify what movement should be in it. Based upon it's aged look, I tend to thing it is an older generation Swiss, as it is not a movement I've seen that is generally cloned.

Comment

Originally posted by Timegonbye View Post
            What is the watch itself? That can help to identify what movement should be in it. Based upon it's aged look, I tend to thing it is an older generation Swiss, as it is not a movement I've seen that is generally cloned.
            I am actually beginning to think it came from a pocket watch , I picked up from a market, thinking now it might be worth a service

Comment

Working...
            X