• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex dail, bezel and crystal, how to tell if it is gen...

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
As a Rolex newbie I was looking for some gen parts for my 16600, dail, bezel and crystal. I know dails have the crown-rolex-crown two times on the dailback inscribed, gen crystals have LEC or an S when it is a service crystal. But how to tell when a crystal is offered as gen but hasn't got the LEC or S?
For the bezel, even a gen bezel has no Rolex marks...
Hope the experts can chime in..

Last edited:

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
C'mon guys, so much offering on gen bezels and crystals but no one knows how to tell if it's gen or not?

mikeanh77

13/11/18
Asia
looking for the same info. smoke knows how to identify just by looking at pic. So proffesional please chime in.

Sent from my iPad using RWI

LOOKINGFORADEAL

Known Member
2/11/17
Hey guys the reason no ones chiming in is aside from buying blistered Rolex parts there’s no full proof one tell that shows you it’s GEN. There are several tells. Everyone here including myself who can tell GEN from rep/aftermarket parts does so from experience and hours upon hours of studying subtle and not-so-subtle differences between the two. I myself have folders of pictures saved on my desktop of different angles of GEN watches to compare. Also I’ve read through the forum and I find new threads daily to subscribe to to further my knowledge because I enjoy it. If you’re truly interested in this hobby you’re gonna have to do some digging of your own. You’ll be glad you did. If you’re not and you just want the quick/easy route buy the parts you seek blistered in original Rolex packaging. No ones going to hand feed you the information you seek.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Reactions: Rx4Time

bobandshawn

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
29/10/13
Florida
Personally, I do not know what a rolex dail is so I cannot answer...good luck

mikeanh77

13/11/18
Asia
Hey guys the reason no ones chiming in is aside from buying blistered Rolex parts there’s no full proof one tell that shows you it’s GEN. There are several tells. Everyone here including myself who can tell GEN from rep/aftermarket parts does so from experience and hours upon hours of studying subtle and not-so-subtle differences between the two. I myself have folders of pictures saved on my desktop of different angles of GEN watches to compare. Also I’ve read through the forum and I find new threads daily to subscribe to to further my knowledge because I enjoy it. If you’re truly interested in this hobby you’re gonna have to do some digging of your own. You’ll be glad you did. If you’re not and you just want the quick/easy route buy the parts you seek blistered in original Rolex packaging. No ones going to hand feed you the information you seek.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

thanks for the answer. guess some hard work pays off

Sent from the RWI App

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
thanks for the info guys, gonna study some more....

Testone72

Renowned Member
8/3/18
Hope im not wrong, but about the Insert, the back of pearl should be a nice tell, this is gen
8e80ed555bd4b7939b5adf955d26b211.jpg

Edit
Never mind... This is for the 16610 :lol:

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
Hope im not wrong, but about the Insert, the back of pearl should be a nice tell, this is gen
8e80ed555bd4b7939b5adf955d26b211.jpg

Edit
Never mind... This is for the 16610 :lol:

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Good one, thanks.....

Reactions: Testone72

timmywatch

Renowned Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
4/11/16
As a Rolex newbie I was looking for some gen parts for my 16600, dail, bezel and crystal. I know dails have the crown-rolex-crown two times on the dailback inscribed, gen crystals have LEC or an S when it is a service crystal. But how to tell when a crystal is offered as gen but hasn't got the LEC or S?
For the bezel, even a gen bezel has no Rolex marks...
Hope the experts can chime in..
Where are you from ?

Sent from the RWI App

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
thanks for the info guys, gonna study some more....

If you want pm me the email address, will send you Mondani chapter for 16600, the file is too big to be uploaded here.