• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

150 $ extra for Swiss gen, is it worth it?

MKM

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/9/17
I'm looking to buy a watch from a TD. He wants an extra 150$ for a Swiss gen automatic which is a Sellita sw220. Is it worth the extra dollars? Otherwise it comes as standard with an Asian clone ETA 2836 with Swiss ETA movement, the dealer wrote to me.
Really need your expert advises gentlemen [emoji4]

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: Savass

UDTMIKE

I'm Pretty Popular
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
15/5/17
Depends on which watch your looking at. But my own personal choice would be pay the extra. If it really a gen movement. But this only my choice.

D

d4m.test

Depends on which watch your looking at. But my own personal choice would be pay the extra. If it really a gen movement. But this only my choice.

Sorry, forgot to mention it! It is a submariner noob v7

Sent from the RWI App

D

d4m.test

Sorry again! A submariner, no date, ceramic noob v7. It looks amazing! [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

D

d4m.test

And thanks for your reply Mike

Sent from the RWI App

D

d4m.test

Something in me usually says yes to the upgrade, so I pay a bit more. but your choice.

Ha! In that case I think we could be twins [emoji12]
Yeah I think I'll pay the extra $. The only caution I have, would be that I once bought a crappy invicta watch apparently with the same movement, a Sellita SW220 and it was way too fast, I had to re-adjust time every second day 5-10 minutes. Thanks for you advice btw [emoji1417]

Sent from the RWI App

Awesomeo

13/9/13
Ha! In that case I think we could be twins [emoji12]
Yeah I think I'll pay the extra $. The only caution I have, would be that I once bought a crappy invicta watch apparently with the same movement, a Sellita SW220 and it was way too fast, I had to re-adjust time every second day 5-10 minutes. Thanks for you advice btw [emoji1417]

Sent from the RWI App

You can regulate watches fairly easily, which speeds or slows them. If you look on the back of an automatic there's a little lever with a plus and minus sign. Long island watches does a good video on YouTube!

D

d4m.test

You can regulate watches fairly easily, which speeds or slows them. If you look on the back of an automatic there's a little lever with a plus and minus sign. Long island watches does a good video on YouTube!

Doohh and you tell me now??? LOL! [emoji6] It went back to the retailer and I got a full refund.

Sent from the RWI App

D

d4m.test

And thanks for the youtube info, definitely going to watch it! [emoji1417]

Sent from the RWI App

D

d4m.test

Dear MKM, please note that not all TD's are supplying geniune 'Swiss ETA' movements and be cautious, don't build up your expectations too much!

happydappy1231

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/6/18
It depends, do you actually use your watch, or is it just for looks? Do you plan on keeping it long term?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AriChoresh

30/8/17
I would not trust chinese sources swiss eta, as they pften very dirty and handled incorrectly. Depends on the TD i guess, but mostly on the factory. I would stay with the clone movement and keeps the money for a future service.

gabro

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
17/3/18
I bought one claiming it's swiss ETA and was as been told by famous modder shitty dirty strange movement. I would say personally go for Asian ETA and if it broke or you decided to keep it lobg term. Get a swiss trusted ETA for 150$ ish available anywhere!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
A year has passed since the original post, I'm pretty sure he got it sorted by now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: loewenzahn

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
The Sellita is a good movement. It is a quality ETA clone and is not a refurbished or pieced together ETA. Go with the Sellita and ask for a movement pic

Cr7juv

I'm Pretty Popular
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
23/9/18
Didn't know that China makes "swiss ETA's" lol

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tjc24

thinwhiteduke

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/16
Most definitely NOT. Just go for the regular Asian movement.

mikeanh77

13/11/18
Asia
Asian eta are super reliable as i experience.
- power reserve 32 hours on my arf so checked.
- sound : a bit noisy but the ticking noise. not the rotor winding noise.
- accuracy face up +12s/a day , for swiss eta (a good 2824 goes +8-10s a day, and a bad swiss eta goes up to +30s/d. so checked also.
- service fee in viet nam where i live is very cheap. 15-25 bucks to service. When i first bought it the hour and minutes hand was not sync so i brought the watch to my local watchsmith. Take me 3 dollars to adjust bracelet, adjust the hand, check accuracy.
For me if my asian clone 2824 goes down. i will be happy to switch in a swiss eta. if not than i will be happy with the clone.

Sent from my iPad using RWI