• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gen ETA check please

HomeRye

Animal magnetism
Supporter
Certified
7/4/20
Scotland
Could someone double-check the photos below please and confirm it's a gen ETA? I've looked at the sticky thread around spotting the differences and I think this one is a gen - but having it confirmed from those better placed than me would be great thanks :)

It's currently sitting in a sub I bought last year that was listed as a BK.

maxneo08

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/5/21
I confirm. I have the same ETA on my milsub 5517

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: HomeRye

tomjnt

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
1/1/16
Europe
Could someone double-check the photos below please and confirm it's a gen ETA? I've looked at the sticky thread around spotting the differences and I think this one is a gen - but having it confirmed from those better placed than me would be great thanks :)

It's currently sitting in a sub I bought last year that was listed as a BK.

My experience:
A few years ago, I bought a rep Sinn U1 watch with the same movement, disassembled it at a service station, and it turned out it wasn’t original. They were also informed that the company that makes the ETA movements has not been selling the movements outside the house for years, so where would the Chinese buy it in bulk?
The companies that make the original watches (Tag, Oris, Sinn) have therefore switched to a Sellita movements.