• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GMF Batman vs Gen Batman

kampachi

Renowned Member
7/1/14
Dont yall think that the hands’ base in the center is too big? Gosh thats like and immediate call out. Even someone who doesn’t have/ havent seen a gen would feel that its too big.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18
Dont yall think that the hands’ base in the center is too big? Gosh thats like and immediate call out. Even someone who doesn’t have/ havent seen a gen would feel that its too big.

I don’t see an immediate call out in zoomed pics let alone in real life under a non AR Rolex crystal (and on the wrist). Am I missing something?

Gen(left), Rep (right):
2378a6cfa9c31049a679c906dcfba1e6.jpg

^^the difference in picture angle contributes to one looking “bigger” than the other if that is what you’re taking about?

Last edited:
Reactions: Hinclimincli

kampachi

Renowned Member
7/1/14
On gen you could see three layers of handstack but not on the gmf. Noob does it better this department albeit its only noticeable when u look at it form arms length.

Reactions: KSwatches

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18
KSwatches What's your opinion about the new GMF CHS A3186 watches? I really love the idea of a CHS batman but the idea of it breaking in a week and not being able to easily fix it is a bit daunting.

We’ve not had the CHS version. Will get one next month and compare. Don’t like making comparisons from pictures only - as they can be misleading.

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
It's interesting how some people worry about being called out. Who the f#&k even calls somebody out? For a watch? We're not in kindergarten anymore.. I've never had it happen in over a decade of collecting. And even if they did, I'd just tell them to bugger off. Or else... Who in the world can tell if the hand stack is correct, while you're wearing your watch? Come on now...

Last edited:

Tader

3/5/15
It's interesting how some people worry about being called out. Who the f#&k even calls somebody out? For a watch? We're not in kindergaryen anymore.. I've never had it happen in over a decade of collecting. And even if they did, I'd just tell them to bugger off. Or else... Who in the world can tell if the hand stack is correct, while you're wearing your watch? Come on now...

Well for me, I just think it would be fun to have the mechanism where you can move the hour hand independently. If the ICHS did this too I wouldn't be bothered. Just seems fun and unique.

Reactions: KSwatches

ARomero

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/6/19
Small crown on “swiss made” is normal?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Kmmas

7/4/15
So what’s the verdict.... gmf or arf? Also between the 2 whose bezel is closer to the gem in terms of colour and the black blending into blue?

Kmmas

7/4/15
SoRry for the stupid question but what’s CHS & ICHS.... I’ve seen the term being used around a lot for the GMTs but haven’t figured out what they are.... are these the movements?

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
SoRry for the stupid question but what’s CHS & ICHS.... I’ve seen the term being used around a lot for the GMTs but haven’t figured out what they are.... are these the movements?

Correct Hand Stack VS Incorrect Hand Stack. In the genuine Rolex GMT, the hands order, starting from the dial is: hour hand, gmt hand, minute hand, seconds hand. In that movement, you can't set the GMT hand independently but instead the hour hand can be set in hour increments. There are replicas made with a modified ETA 2836 which emulate this feature, but they tend to fail in the mid to long run. People usually stay with the incorrect hand stach (gmt, hour, minute, seconds) which behaves like a 2893 and it's way more stable.

Kmmas

7/4/15
Correct Hand Stack VS Incorrect Hand Stack. In the genuine Rolex GMT, the hands order, starting from the dial is: hour hand, gmt hand, minute hand, seconds hand. In that movement, you can't set the GMT hand independently but instead the hour hand can be set in hour increments. There are replicas made with a modified ETA 2836 which emulate this feature, but they tend to fail in the mid to long run. People usually stay with the incorrect hand stach (gmt, hour, minute, seconds) which behaves like a 2893 and it's way more stable.

Thanks .

Kmmas

7/4/15

So in ICHS, just by the way you can set the GMT hand is a giveaway that it’s a rep as it is different from the Gen. am I correct?

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
So in ICHS, just by the way you can set the GMT hand is a giveaway that it’s a rep as it is different from the Gen. am I correct?

Yes, and the hands are stacked differently so at some point the hour hand will be covering the GMT hand. That would never happen in a genuine modern Rolex GMT.

Reactions: Kmmas

Kmmas

7/4/15
Yes, and the hands are stacked differently so at some point the hour hand will be covering the GMT hand. That would never happen in a genuine modern Rolex GMT.

So in this case I guess the ICHS is out for me. But is it a good idea to get a CHS since I’ve read around that it is a delicate movement probe to breakdown. I mean I don’t want to spend this amount of money and end up with a broken movement 2 months later. If this is the case I’d rather let the GMT go and look into the sub instead (although I really love the batman)... what are your thoughts? Thanks in advance for your input

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
So in this case I guess the ICHS is out for me. But is it a good idea to get a CHS since I’ve read around that it is a delicate movement probe to breakdown. I mean I don’t want to spend this amount of money and end up with a broken movement 2 months later. If this is the case I’d rather let the GMT go and look into the sub instead (although I really love the batman)... what are your thoughts? Thanks in advance for your input

Get the GMF Batman with incorrect hand stack. No one can tell any of these minor details at an arm's distance. And I mean no one.

McDo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/10/18
Crystal/Cyclops: the GMF offering requires a profS crystal IMO. I can’t live with any rep cyclops (ARF, noob, BP....all shit...some less shit but nevertheless still shit given that it’s 2019 and they still can’t get it right on the most desirable watches in the world)
752ece43359cc91869531faaaf62e6b7.jpg

You can see from this picture that GMF cyclops is I’ve magnified (more than x2.5) but the gen cyclops is unmagnified (less than x2.5). It’s common to see under magnified gen cyclops.
ddf2b974e05600c74cd646fff6826bd0.jpg

The GMF font is actually quite good. It looks off because the cyclops has crappy AR but the font itself is fine (there are various gen fonts, some are thick some are thin and I don’t keep track of all the different variants).
Font print is slightly raised and glossy - not perfect but decent attempt IMO. I always swap in gen DW on all my Rolex reps.
01529896e8445a47fb98106d9c76773b.jpg

Cyclops black hole effect is not great:
3434a5807cfeeadccc809a9a5a9f53ea.jpg

Gen cyclops looks really off here...that’s why I don’t complain too much about reps because gen’s are not perfect either.
6498ac7f0868ce33c1b912d8b3ff95f3.jpg

7a19650845926e420b23bd8bd2cf78dc.jpg

Sunlight: here’s a comparison picture in direct light. You really have to have both side by side to appreciate the difference.
e59c11d68978d54194c56c5b71b68e8a.jpg

I really don’t see why people are advocating spray painting their bezels. This is one sure why of ruining the 3D depth effect found on stock rep inserts IMO:
267ccc750c3584a43655c7ee84311a64.jpg

ICHS: basically impossible to notice in real life without holding the watch close to your eyes for an appreciable amount of time....unless you have paranoid rep forum member eyes and can spot reps from across the room:
3e5354a777620ecb634a913676d457ad.jpg

Bottom line:
I like the dial and hour surrounds. I can’t wear ARF anymore due to the flat/pointy 12 marker and the ghost white lume. GMF lume is creamy like gen and hour marker surrounds are nicely curved. I would wear GMF with ProfS crystal. GMF hands are not as nice as ARF. Maybe I’ll ask my China partners to send me spare ARF hands to use on the GMF. The GMF bezel is good enough to my eyes (I’m talking about real life and not in zoomed in pictures).

Given that gen costs £16k (essentially), this is a very nice way to enjoy the watch at a faction of gen price IMO.
39ec5b7d12ca9846aea471cc5f138e44.jpg

3a02e0834dc5a3169af363e54e5c3387.jpg

KSWATCHES

Hi there.. Just to add something here that might interest people. Last month i got my GEN 126710 BLNR a month ago and the font is more on the thinner side than thick. The 116710 DW font is thicker, its not the same DW. So The font in the DW of the GMF is very accurate with the GEN 126710. I understand that you are trying to make a comparison but like i said, the DW font thickness on the GMF is very accurate with what i have.
Cheers and waiting for ARF to come up with something quick otherwise will have to get this GMF one. Ill be glad to compare when i get the REP, witch ironically is harder to get than my GEN. For now, i will upload a pic of the DW as soon as i can so you can compare, whenever PICR me lets me upload a freacking image without giving me error.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hinclimincli