Announcement

Collapse

IMAGE SHARING IMPROVEMENT

Use ClickPix.org , an easy way to share your images !
CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE
See more
See less

GMF Batman vs Gen Batman

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KSwatches
    started a topic GMF Batman vs Gen Batman

GMF Batman vs Gen Batman

Quick comparison pictures showing gen 2016 BLNR (oyster bracelet) vs GMF (jubilee).

Will share my thoughts later. For now here are some quick iPhone pictures.

KSWATCHES

• KSwatches
    replied
    Originally posted by shaidx View Post

What do you think about the GMF crown guards when compared to Gen?
    The rep CGs don’t look off in real life....of course if you compare side by side magnified pictures, you will notice the rep CG geometry is not 100% the same as gen. however, the rep CGs don’t look off or ugly (and my eyes are used to seeing gen).

The rep cyclops on the other hand looks off from across the room. Bezel inserts are close enough in real life - nothing about the rep insert looks off to my eyes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• shaidx
    replied
    Originally posted by KSwatches View Post

The watch in this review is a GMF ICHS on oyster.

What do you think about the GMF crown guards when compared to Gen?
    Last edited by shaidx; 21-09-19, 13:46.

Leave a comment:

• down_under
    replied
    https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...takedown/page2

I have beaten to flaws!!!

Leave a comment:

• kennygconspiracy
    replied
    Out of topic but if someone has a 116710 GMF CHS they want to let go, let me know

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• kennygconspiracy
    replied
    Few members asking for video comparisons:

https://youtu.be/ePXj0wot2Q8
    For a second there I couldn't tell which was which as the watch moved. Beautiful!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• RiffRalf
    replied
    This is a great review and pushed me over the edge to order a Batgirl from jtime. I think I van live with the cyclops and the crystal.
    Great service to the community thanks a lot!

Leave a comment:

• Hinclimincli
    replied

He's back!

Leave a comment:

• KSwatches
    replied
    Originally posted by Kmmas View Post
    Does a GMF ICHS on oyster bracelet exist? I’ve seen a couple of TD websites, don’t seem to so it there

Leave a comment:

• Kmmas
    replied
    Does a GMF ICHS on oyster bracelet exist? I’ve seen a couple of TD websites, don’t seem to so it there

Leave a comment:

• Hinclimincli
    replied
    How do you set the GMT hand on the ICHS?
    In the second position of the crown you turn it clockwise and it changes the date, counter-clockwise moves the GMT hand.

What I'm not sure in this case is whether the GMT hand jumps when set or just moves continuously, does anyone know about that?
    Last edited by Hinclimincli; 28-07-19, 13:28.

Leave a comment:

• Kmmas
    replied
    How do you set the GMT hand on the ICHS?

Leave a comment:

• McDo
    replied
    Crystal/Cyclops: the GMF offering requires a profS crystal IMO. I can’t live with any rep cyclops (ARF, noob, BP....all shit...some less shit but nevertheless still shit given that it’s 2019 and they still can’t get it right on the most desirable watches in the world)

You can see from this picture that GMF cyclops is I’ve magnified (more than x2.5) but the gen cyclops is unmagnified (less than x2.5). It’s common to see under magnified gen cyclops.

The GMF font is actually quite good. It looks off because the cyclops has crappy AR but the font itself is fine (there are various gen fonts, some are thick some are thin and I don’t keep track of all the different variants).
    Font print is slightly raised and glossy - not perfect but decent attempt IMO. I always swap in gen DW on all my Rolex reps.

Cyclops black hole effect is not great:

Gen cyclops looks really off here...that’s why I don’t complain too much about reps because gen’s are not perfect either.

Sunlight: here’s a comparison picture in direct light. You really have to have both side by side to appreciate the difference.

I really don’t see why people are advocating spray painting their bezels. This is one sure why of ruining the 3D depth effect found on stock rep inserts IMO:

ICHS: basically impossible to notice in real life without holding the watch close to your eyes for an appreciable amount of time....unless you have paranoid rep forum member eyes and can spot reps from across the room:

Bottom line:
    I like the dial and hour surrounds. I can’t wear ARF anymore due to the flat/pointy 12 marker and the ghost white lume. GMF lume is creamy like gen and hour marker surrounds are nicely curved. I would wear GMF with ProfS crystal. GMF hands are not as nice as ARF. Maybe I’ll ask my China partners to send me spare ARF hands to use on the GMF. The GMF bezel is good enough to my eyes (I’m talking about real life and not in zoomed in pictures).

Given that gen costs £16k (essentially), this is a very nice way to enjoy the watch at a faction of gen price IMO.

KSWATCHES
    Hi there.. Just to add something here that might interest people. Last month i got my GEN 126710 BLNR a month ago and the font is more on the thinner side than thick. The 116710 DW font is thicker, its not the same DW. So The font in the DW of the GMF is very accurate with the GEN 126710. I understand that you are trying to make a comparison but like i said, the DW font thickness on the GMF is very accurate with what i have.
    Cheers and waiting for ARF to come up with something quick otherwise will have to get this GMF one. Ill be glad to compare when i get the REP, witch ironically is harder to get than my GEN. For now, i will upload a pic of the DW as soon as i can so you can compare, whenever PICR me lets me upload a freacking image without giving me error.
    Last edited by McDo; 27-07-19, 22:01.

Leave a comment:

• Hinclimincli
    replied

So in this case I guess the ICHS is out for me. But is it a good idea to get a CHS since I’ve read around that it is a delicate movement probe to breakdown. I mean I don’t want to spend this amount of money and end up with a broken movement 2 months later. If this is the case I’d rather let the GMT go and look into the sub instead (although I really love the batman)... what are your thoughts? Thanks in advance for your input
    Get the GMF Batman with incorrect hand stack. No one can tell any of these minor details at an arm's distance. And I mean no one.

Leave a comment:

• Kmmas
    replied
    Originally posted by Hinclimincli View Post

Yes, and the hands are stacked differently so at some point the hour hand will be covering the GMT hand. That would never happen in a genuine modern Rolex GMT.
    So in this case I guess the ICHS is out for me. But is it a good idea to get a CHS since I’ve read around that it is a delicate movement probe to breakdown. I mean I don’t want to spend this amount of money and end up with a broken movement 2 months later. If this is the case I’d rather let the GMT go and look into the sub instead (although I really love the batman)... what are your thoughts? Thanks in advance for your input

Leave a comment:

Working...
X