• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GMF Batman vs Gen Batman

cooper1

Horology Curious
25/12/18
Just got a GMF Batman from my China based supplier. Chose Oyster bracelet with 2836 movement.

Lovely watch, though for the money it cost you would think they could get the cyclops straight. Forget about transition of colors on the bezel , hand stacks, and other details where you'd need to look at the watch close up to notice. the misaligned cyclops stands out like the proverbial and even non watch aficionados notice

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
Just got a GMF Batman from my China based supplier. Chose Oyster bracelet with 2836 movement.

Lovely watch, though for the money it cost you would think they could get the cyclops straight. Forget about transition of colors on the bezel , hand stacks, and other details where you'd need to look at the watch close up to notice. the misaligned cyclops stands out like the proverbial and even non watch aficionados notice

Mine is fine. Anyway, what bugs me is the lack of AR on the cyclops. Prolly will get a prof xtal for it in due time Gen xtal are too pricey for my liking.

Reactions: cooper1

notthegoodscissors

Horology Curious
14/7/19
My GMTs bezel has about 1mm of upwards play in it when you lift under the bezel edge with a fingernail. If you look at the watch side on when you do it you can see it lift. It means the watch rattles a bit when you move it around or tap the top of the bezel. Is the only way to fix that to disassemble and reduce the bezel part's diameter?

rockdaytona

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
17/12/19
Parts Unknown
I’m between the new GMF Batman and the ZZF no date sub v2 for my everyday beater. Which would you guys pick?

audiwt

25/5/18
I’m between the new GMF Batman and the ZZF no date sub v2 for my everyday beater. Which would you guys pick?

Batman. Look at the Hole from the Hands. I had 2 ZZF NoDate and both have it.

13efbd505369f26af33f0d18f0f940fb.png

Gesendet von iPhone XR mit Tapatalk

outerbolt

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/8/19
Hong Kong
I have the GMF and really love it, I get compliments asll the time and even had a guy from dubai offer to buy it on the spot for 20K US, but the hand stack is killing me. Has anyone done a successful movement swap? I see GMF now has a new version with CHS, not sure if its plug and play.

here is a wrist shot:
IMG-20200323-181513.jpg

Last edited:

outerbolt

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/8/19
Hong Kong

audiwt

25/5/18
I bought 2 ZZF V2 and both have it.

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Batman. Look at the Hole from the Hands. I had 2 ZZF NoDate and both have it.

13efbd505369f26af33f0d18f0f940fb.png

I guess you had both No Dates from the same series of production, I heard some had very deep and wide indentation but not all V1s have it.
The pinion hole indentation on my ZZF V1 is barely noticeable.
6065cac831691d360d67f8429512ff76.jpg

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

zachsdad82

Supporter
Certified
20/2/14
Hi Guys,

Looking for some advice on a QC pic on a GMF Batman. The first post on this thread shows the bezel blue/black speed bump transition to take place after the 8 (from the 18) has started. I received a QC picture today with the transition as a straigh tline before the 8 has started, with some black bezel showing between the end of the blue and the 8. This looks wrong to me, and unlike other GMF bezels I have seen. Grateful for your thoughts. I am minded to refuse it. Justified or being too fussy?

Cheers ZD82

zachsdad82

Supporter
Certified
20/2/14
Hi Guys,

Looking for some advice on a QC pic on a GMF Batman. The first post on this thread shows the bezel blue/black speed bump transition to take place after the 8 (from the 18) has started. I received a QC picture today with the transition as a straigh tline before the 8 has started, with some black bezel showing between the end of the blue and the 8. This looks wrong to me, and unlike other GMF bezels I have seen. Grateful for your thoughts. I am minded to refuse it. Justified or being too fussy?

Cheers ZD82

Went back to TD and raised concerns. He agreed the bezel was off, and said will try to get a better one.