• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GMF Batman vs Gen Batman

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
How do you set the GMT hand on the ICHS?

In the second position of the crown you turn it clockwise and it changes the date, counter-clockwise moves the GMT hand.

What I'm not sure in this case is whether the GMT hand jumps when set or just moves continuously, does anyone know about that?

Last edited:
Reactions: Kmmas

Kmmas

7/4/15
Does a GMF ICHS on oyster bracelet exist? I’ve seen a couple of TD websites, don’t seem to so it there

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
This is a great review and pushed me over the edge to order a Batgirl from jtime. I think I van live with the cyclops and the crystal.
Great service to the community thanks a lot!

Reactions: KSwatches

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18
What do you think about the GMF crown guards when compared to Gen?

The rep CGs don’t look off in real life....of course if you compare side by side magnified pictures, you will notice the rep CG geometry is not 100% the same as gen. however, the rep CGs don’t look off or ugly (and my eyes are used to seeing gen).

The rep cyclops on the other hand looks off from across the room. Bezel inserts are close enough in real life - nothing about the rep insert looks off to my eyes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C.gjinika

Known Member
10/2/19
Ok, Here are my thoughts:

I am comparing these watches side by side and not zooming in pictures and micro analysing differences that are essentially impossible to see in real life, without staring hard at your watch (close to the face) and knowing exactly what to look for.

First impressions: The GMF looks and feels good. Bracelet pops and makes the watch look premium. The feel is quality is good. The dial surrounds are nice and overall the watch doesn’t look cheap (which is always the risk when essentially blind buying a Chinese rep). For hardcore Rolex fans, The Cyclops requires modding but that’s the case with noob and ARF and well.
8085ba5d4316a9333fb7f30713f1f7c6.jpg

Bezel:
In real life I honestly can’t see an appreciable difference between the gen and rep bezels. Ok, after studying zoomed-in pictures you might see a slight colour difference or the numerals may or may not be exactly the same thickness but all this is irrelevant, since in real life the rep doesn’t look off to my eyes (and I am used to staring at gens):
Gen (left), Rep (right)
e09084f89356f3419394198dc8379d44.jpg

Take a look at this picture, now bear in mind the picture is many times magnified compared to what you see in real life:
022ee1da2f952a50c10e57d3f2de409e.jpg

To my eyes the numerals are close enough. Bear in mind that that the numeral colour changes depending on lighting, angle etc - therefore it’s hard to define what gen numerals should look like In real life. Of course in pictures it’s easy to spot gen vs rep numerals but in real life (as a gen collector) I could never spot this as a rep bezel at wrist distance but then again I am not as paranoid as some and haven’t spent decades staring at gen vs rep micro differences.
9a3df04c6abaeba2677da063350b55ee.jpg

The blue colour is very dynamic, on gen and rep. It changes depending on lighting and angle. Impossible to define what gen should look like on the wrist, so don’t get hung up over the precise shade of blue in pics.
55e064228123ca70b3fd5b5a3bd75f7f.jpg

Dial/Hands: the GMF Dial is nice in terms of hour marker steel surrounds. They are nicely rounded. Very close to gen. not like the flat pointy 12 marker found on ARF. ARF hands are much better, in terms of gen like geometry but GMF is nit bad in this department.

*****NOTE: the crown at 6 in “Swiss Made” is correct for 2019 gen******
GMF:
3152ca25aab550b0657107d312ed8d28.jpg

9e5b5eeea4fb9509f9ba6db8864369f0.jpg

Gen:
2ad5f65c67086966e194732e88fb707f.jpg

a2683bddf275f18668f3877285e44f31.jpg

Bracelet: hard to compare jubilee with oyster but the jubilee looks nice. We have a gen Pepsi jubilee arriving in a few months, so will do a better comparison then. I do like the jubilee, will probably use it on the gen. GMF clasp is nice. Feels like gen to me.
GMF (left), Gen (right)
eda40b930c0bd04ec4ef04599ce7ec86.jpg

be6e911c5b7717f42f75402a40ac09d4.jpg

Side by side:
1a86f3c89b052723f5af5663b6544776.jpg

Gen bezel numerals look more 3D here but that’s always going to be an issue on reps (ARF, noob etc).
cfb6ca1b46e54fcbad1f64e35ab78a3b.jpg

Here is the GMF bezel again, at this angle you can see that the numerals are nice and 3D:
d4976ccfdba1f7efd3f2cf86b11731db.jpg

daced46c7b6cb7a45cf233b5d9d2df01.jpg

To be continued.

KSWATCHES

Extremely good review, thank you sir. I had a question about the color printing on the bezel, does it fade? I bought an arf v3 seadweller 43mm and looks like some paint is gone off, so i do not want to have the same problem twice

Sent from the RWI App

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
Extremely good review, thank you sir. I had a question about the color printing on the bezel, does it fade? I bought an arf v3 seadweller 43mm and looks like some paint is gone off, so i do not want to have the same problem twice

Sent from the RWI App

Been wearing mine for the past 8 weeks or so and no fading or scratching

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA

Sent from the RWI App

To add: this is a really nice watch. I have been wearing it daily since I received it and it has replaced my Speedy as what I reach for in the morning. The only thing that gives it away is the cyclops which is not anti reflective. I should really get a new crystal either gen or ploprof but then I would have to take it off my wrist so I will wait until I get another GMT probably a BP root beer.

for the money it is really great. In this price range you can get a quartz Certina which doesn't have a movable bezel. A Steinhart is a bit more expensive but admittedly has the better water resistance. Otherwise you are looking at > $1k or (much) more ....

Reactions: Kalev007

GioBar

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/9/19
I'm in love with this watch but they tell me it's a bomb in my hands because the movement can be blocked. You have better advice, I would love it.

Last edited:

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
I'm in love with this watch but they tell me it's a bomb in my hands because the movement can be blocked. You have better advice, I would love it.

ICHS is solid. No need to fret. It is powered by an ETA clone movement. It is the CHS that is the 'timebomb."
Unless you want to wait for the reports on the new ARF and JF GMTIIs with the true Rolex clone movement and wait until they come out with a BLNR I see no reason to hold off.

GioBar

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/9/19
Thank you RiffRalf
I'll think about it. Which TD sells it?

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
Thank you RiffRalf

Basically any TD sells any watch. You can check their websites. Check out the "trusted dealers" section and read some reviews and find the TD you like. Their website info or how to contact them will be listed in their section.

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
Thank you RiffRalf
I got mine from Li at jtime. Great guy you can check out his feedback at the trusted vendor section.
IMO there is no point checking websites.as many vendors don't keep them up to date. You can send him an email via the forum with a link to a website that has it up. I use TS watch station for that purpose. He will then contact you with details. Other dealkers work the same way

Last edited: