Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RWI & Duckways collaboration: The watch AI bot?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RWI & Duckways collaboration: The watch AI bot?

Hi all,

We like watches, just like you. However, we also love technology, webdevelopment in specific. Well, every programmer on earth loves a challenge, we're the type of moneys that actually start a challenge for ourselves. This time we thought, as a brand new supporting vendor at RWI, that it would be a cool idea to collaborate with the members and build something together.

I see you thinking: Let's get out of here, I don't know any coding!! I say: STAY! You don't need to help us code.

The idea - Let's build something really cool
    We share pics of our watches on a daily base, so how cool would it be if we could teach a bot more about the photo's? What if we show a button below each picture someone posts to show a form where you could fill in the brand and model of the watch?
    If enough members contribute that way by filling in the info we could help teach a bot about the watches and see if we can teach it to identify watch brands and models by just uploading a picture.. How cool would that be? We could be THE opensource project with a bot that could tell you more about your watch!

Our question is; what do you guys think? Wouldn't this be awesome to set-up together? Are there more people with knowledge of AI that could help with building the bot?

Let's discuss!

That sounds quite interesting.

Comment

Fiddo I think so too, but I’m afraid this thread won’t get much attention as it’s in the Duckways section. We’ll move the thread to general discussion later

Comment

Excellent idea. I'm in but i have no knowledge of AI coding
        Watch Addict

Comment

Originally posted by numero2 View Post
          Excellent idea. I'm in but i have no knowledge of AI coding
          Not needed- the biggest task is tagging van images Which can be done by everyone with a bit of watch knowledge!

Comment

Ok, i can do some, i'll take my part.
            Watch Addict

Comment

Sounds interesting. We can also start by having anyone who posts a pic of their watch to add what mods have been done to it - especially in the WRUW threads. That would make the follow-up tagging a lot easier. LMK how I can help.

Comment

I'll gladly help out here, also no coding knowledge, but i'm a steady poster in the WRUW parts, so if I can help, with pleasure

Comment

Yes, I can see how it would learn..brand and colors to shapes and metal types... Need to seriously feed it.

I like the idea, I'm in

If you dont find a way to make money while you sleep, you will work until you die.

Comment

Very good idea!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X