• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First order with Sead, in stock Noob V8S Sub

teaston

20/3/16
UK
I can highly recommend Sead, fast replies and fast shipping of EU stock watch!

The watch is even better than the photos he sent, there were a couple of issues in the photos but the watch was only $399 delivered and in stock in UK so I went for it, but in person it actually looks perfect to me!! :thumbup:

Reactions: HomeRye and Matt88

rolexppapfan

Renowned Member
17/11/18
ITALY
Nice watch enjoy it, but the lugs are far from good and the date wheel is off.
How is the bezel action/ sound?

Last edited:

teaston

20/3/16
UK
Nice watch enjoy it, but the lugs are far from good and the date wheel is off.
How is the bezel action/ sound?

Date wheel is fine, it’s just the angle of the photo. What’s wrong with the lugs? They look exactly like every photo of gen Subs I’ve looked at.

teaston

20/3/16
UK
try reading the whole zzf v2 page

I’ve seen all the threads and comparisons, including the video comparison on graph paper, I can’t tell the difference even on those super zoomed in photos, so to see it on someones wrist would take a full on super human imo! But etto of course.

Reactions: rolexppapfan

Tomeng01

29/1/13
CONUS
Looks awesome!

I just placed an order with Sead as well. It’s going quite smoothly. You said 6 day turnaround for delivery - may I ask where you are located? CONUS?

rolexppapfan

Renowned Member
17/11/18
ITALY
is there any difference between the v8 and v8S + how is the bezel action?

Last edited:

teaston

20/3/16
UK
is there any difference between the v8 and v8S + how is the bezel action?

From my research, I believe a V8S is a V8 (in 316l) with a V9 bezel, which I think could be true, as the V8 bezel numerals were misaligned. The bezel action seems good to me, stiffer and not springy like my Noob V6S DSSD.

Reactions: rolexppapfan

thestefster

Patron
9/6/11
How everyone's perception of gen vs rep is funny. I recently swapped out to a gen bezel insert on my Noob v3 and to be honest the difference is noticeable when the watch is just "so" in the light but at a distance from eye to wrist its almost impossible to tell. Maybe slightly deeper engravings but even that wouldn't make me go "its a rep" if I saw it in passing.

What stands out for me is the rounder markers on the dial, the thickness of the silver circumference is a straight tell for me. I think that stands out. Again, even then for most maybe not.

They are getting so good these days its almost not worth going franken unless you are doing it for yourself as a hobby, not to "fake it till you make it"

teaston

20/3/16
UK
How everyone's perception of gen vs rep is funny. I recently swapped out to a gen bezel insert on my Noob v3 and to be honest the difference is noticeable when the watch is just "so" in the light but at a distance from eye to wrist its almost impossible to tell. Maybe slightly deeper engravings but even that wouldn't make me go "its a rep" if I saw it in passing.

What stands out for me is the rounder markers on the dial, the thickness of the silver circumference is a straight tell for me. I think that stands out. Again, even then for most maybe not.

They are getting so good these days its almost not worth going franken unless you are doing it for yourself as a hobby, not to "fake it till you make it"

It depends what you mean by stands out. If you stare at the watch right in front of your face then yes small differences are noticeable, but who does that in normal watch ownership/wearing?

thestefster

Patron
9/6/11
Agreed. Its just one of those things that I notice whenever I look at a 116610 on someones wrist in passing. The thinner numeral markers are the instant tell for me and I can tell pretty quickly where as things like the bezel, unless its really bad, I can never be sure unless I look at it with more detail. A gen bezel is something you can only really appreciate nowadays if you take the time and make the effort to spot the subtle differences.