• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First buy from Sead - very happy!

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
I've used several of the RWI TDs since I started collecting watches, around 3 years ago. I've purchased a few watches since then - the order with Sead brought my total to exactly 200...

It's odd that I'd not bought from Sead before now. I think there were two main factors in play:

1. I'm too lazy and visually oriented to read through a posted list of watches with no pretty pictures to look at.
2. The couple of times I did bother to scan the UK stock list, by the time I contacted Sead they'd already sold.

Anyway, I recently contacted him to see if a listed CF 126610 LV was still available, but as usual I'd missed it. But in his reply he mentioned he'd be getting more and would be updating his list "soon". So I kept an eye out and was lucky enough to spot the update on the 6th Jan and email him the same day - which meant that at long last, I'd secured a watch from Sead's UK stock. Woo!

Something for other prospective buyers to note: When you've emailed Sead to confirm you'd like to buy a piece, he then emails you QC pics of the watch. So, you get to see it before you buy - which is a definite plus point in comparison to all the other TDs I've used, where you pay first, the TD orders the watch, you wait, you see QC. This is only possible because Sead's "in stock" means exactly that - rather than the usual TD definition where "in stock" means "When you pay, we'll send Charlie to nip down the factory on his scooter and pick one up... If they've made any this week. If they haven't... we'll get back to you." Obviously the only drawback to Sead's setup is you don't get to order your watch of choice from him. You choose from what he's got in stock.

So Sead emailed me the QC pics on the 7th, I approved it, I paid on the 8th. Sead confirmed my payment on the 9th thus - "ok thanks" (we know he's a man of few words). And without any further comms, the watch arrived today (12th), in an iridescent red padded envelope. So, six days from initial email enquiry to receipt of the watch. I don't think it could be done any faster than that!

So, my sincerest thanks to Sead for an excellent, trouble-and-hassle-and-angst-free transaction, and I thoroughly recommend him to anyone looking for a rep - especially if you're in the UK.

I'll add a couple of pics via Tapa shortly. But there's not a lot to report... it's a CF Sub, you all know what they look like. :)

Last edited:

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
7d96ed8b9e8cc3ed0cc191a1d580f576.dng

7a8cf2f7507a632eb99e119b58d95fee.dng

c7de0ba778df6628463045aa215a9357.dng

863aee29f779cdacb146593be500859f.dng

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Plaasbaas

IWC-hoarder and PAM-hunter
Supporter
Certified
4/4/21
Germany
I've used several of the RWI TDs since I started collecting watches, around 3 years ago. I've purchased a few watches since then - the order with Sead brought my total to exactly 200...

It's odd that I'd not bought from Sead before now. I think there were two main factors in play:

1. I'm too lazy and visually oriented to read through a posted list of watches with no pretty pictures to look at.
2. The couple of times I did bother to scan the UK stock list, by the time I contacted Sead they'd already sold.

Anyway, I recently contacted him to see if a listed CF 126610 LV was still available, but as usual I'd missed it. But in his reply he mentioned he'd be getting more and would be updating his list "soon". So I kept an eye out and was lucky enough to spot the update on the 6th Jan and email him the same day - which meant that at long last, I'd secured a watch from Sead's UK stock. Woo!

Something for other prospective buyers to note: When you've emailed Sead to confirm you'd like to buy a piece, he then emails you QC pics of the watch. So, you get to see it before you buy - which is a definite plus point in comparison to all the other TDs I've used, where you pay first, the TD orders the watch, you wait, you see QC. This is only possible because Sead's "in stock" means exactly that - rather than the usual TD definition where "in stock" means "When you pay, we'll send Charlie to nip down the factory on his scooter and pick one up... If they've made any this week. If they haven't... we'll get back to you." Obviously the only drawback to Sead's setup is you don't get to order your watch of choice from him. You choose from what he's got in stock.

So Sead emailed me the QC pics on the 7th, I approved it, I paid on the 8th. Sead confirmed my payment on the 9th thus - "ok thanks" (we know he's a man of few words). And without any further comms, the watch arrived today (12th), in an iridescent red padded envelope. So, six days from initial email enquiry to receipt of the watch. I don't think it could be done any faster than that!

So, my sincerest thanks to Sead for an excellent, trouble-and-hassle-and-angst-free transaction, and I thoroughly recommend him to anyone looking for a rep - especially if you're in the UK.

I'll add a couple of pics via Tapa shortly. But there's not a lot to report... it's a CF Sub, you all know what they look like. :)

Yes! My goto-TD until Brexit pulled us apart. :-/

Edit: And congrats! Nice watch :)

Last edited:

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
Nice one, bro! Total bummer you guys had to leave the EU, Sead was my first choice back then.

jack26300

Supporter
Certified
7/6/11
France
Beautiful! Prefer that one to the Hulk, personnally.
I was thinking about getting one, but i wished a "no date", so mine is black...

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Beautiful! Prefer that one to the Hulk, personnally.
I was thinking about getting one, but i wished a "no date", so mine is black...
I've got a CF (well, ZZF v3) Hulk too. I'm not sure which I prefer. I bought the VSF Cermit and C&Red it because I convinced myself I didn't like the green ceramic bezel and black dial combo. But then I decided I wanted to do a photo article based on the history of the Kermit/Hulk/Cermit, which was what prompted me to buy another one. And now it's arrived, I find I'm far more inclined to like it. It could be because the Clean insert is a nicer green... I'm don't have the two to compare side by side though, so that might be my imagination. I certainly appreciate the Clean cyclops having none of the edge distortion of the VSF!

I've just sized it and am wearing it. One of the bracelet screws was extremely reluctant to be removed - I had to go slow and steady with very firm pressure, unscrewing then re-screwing it in stages. But it came out in the end, and with no nasty slips or damage to the bracelet/screw - it reminded me again that the investment in decent Horotec screwdrivers was worthwhile!

Last edited:

jack26300

Supporter
Certified
7/6/11
France
Maybe later, for me...
Green is the color of the "hope", we say, in France. So maybe it'll be one of my hopes in a while...

However, I stay "coloured", with my lovely PO (i love her, and she loves me, that's all...).

alilondon

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
10/10/19
Uk
He's fantastic. No complaints from me. 10 + watches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: p0pperini

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Maybe later, for me...
Green is the color of the "hope", we say, in France. So maybe it'll be one of my hopes in a while...

However, I stay "coloured", with my lovely PO (i love her, and she loves me, that's all...).
Ah yes, very nice indeed. I do love my pumpkin too. But it gets way too little wrist time. So thanks for the reminder - that's tomorrow's watch choice made!

jack26300

Supporter
Certified
7/6/11
France
Ah yes, very nice indeed. I do love my pumpkin too. But it gets way too little wrist time. So thanks for the reminder - that's tomorrow's watch choice made!

Until last week, this was the only watch i had! So a lot of wrist time for it, last years...
But, the facts i'm here, on this forum, announce that my lovely PO will go inside the box sometimes...
Glad to see that it's inspired you!

Reactions: p0pperini

dubrovnikAT

Horology Curious
24/8/17
Nice one, bro! Total bummer you guys had to leave the EU, Sead was my first choice back then.

Hi, where would you order watch now from EU? Is there any other TD in EU? I am interested in Submariners, if that's relevant...