• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Need help!!

dillizar

Horology Curious
19/10/17
hi guys,

i bought a new watch from Sead, he send me QC, i noticed the dial was misaligned, but he convinced me its only the light and in person is ok, now that is here is obvious... that its not the light.

what to do ?

why is this happening, isn't he a trusted dealer, what is your experience with him guys? can i request for a dial or smt? is it plausible

its the worst think you can have is misaligned dial, i dont wanna even look at my watch

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
It sounds absolutely horrible. Post a picture.

dillizar

Horology Curious
19/10/17
what is done is done, i need a new dial. how can i find one, maybe this is not the place to post this but again, i am very noob, this is my second post on forum ever :D

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
You don’t need a new dial. The dial hasn’t been manufactured with a slight rotational error.

The movement and dial just need to be rotated slightly clockwise. This is done by loosening the movement tabs so the movement position can be adjusted, then tightening the tabs up again. It’s an easy enough DIY job with case opening tool and watchmaker’s screwdriver. Or a watchsmith could do it for you.

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
The indices just haven’t been aligned 100% correctly. Rotating the dial would help get the 12 indices aligned but would put your 6 and 8 out.

It’s really minor though, just enjoy the watch. All reps have something wrong with them it’s part of their charm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dillizar

Horology Curious
19/10/17
thanks for you input guys,

looks like :( its not the dial but the indices just haven’t been aligned 100% correctly .

can a jeweler or a watchmaker fixed them for me? can they be unglued and glued back ?

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
thanks for you input guys,

looks like :( its not the dial but the indices just haven’t been aligned 100% correctly .

can a jeweler or a watchmaker fixed them for me? can they be unglued and glued back ?

The dial is fine. Send it to a modder or watchsmith to fix. Where do you live?

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Maybe the movement/dial just need to be scooted to the right a lil bit

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK
why is everybody asking me this question :D i live in EU, i will give it to some small watch smith, thanks for confirming if its fixable

Probably to recommend you a reputable watchmaker in your local region. The EU is a big place.

dillizar

Horology Curious
19/10/17
You don’t need a new dial. The dial hasn’t been manufactured with a slight rotational error.

The movement and dial just need to be rotated slightly clockwise. This is done by loosening the movement tabs so the movement position can be adjusted, then tightening the tabs up again. It’s an easy enough DIY job with case opening tool and watchmaker’s screwdriver. Or a watchsmith could do it for you.

thank you man you were right :) now is perfect again :)

Reactions: p0pperini

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
thank you man you were right :) now is perfect again :)

Hey, that's excellent news!

I mean, it's excellent news that I was right... I can't remember the last time that happened. I might have to add a link to this thread in my sig!

Reactions: P..DR..D