• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Mod Edit: I was anxious at first about the purchase but it all worked out in the end.

qqraxtt

You're Saying I Can Sell?
MULTI ACCOUNT
19/5/19
It's just a matter of expectations mate. In this industry things can go flawless and you get a watch in 10 days, or not. Simple as that. Even with not many screw ups, a watch can take around a month to reach you, or even two. Or you can have it on your wrist in a week and a half. With some of the big TDs like Puretime you usually have it faster (if it's a common watch like a Sub, Royal Oak or Seamaster), but you are just a figure to them and the QC they might do is not as good as the control someone like Sead, Lucy or Mary would do. The smaller ones are slower, but they take their time to go to their sources, look at the different watches of each model and handpick the one with less flaws for you. That has a price which you pay not in money but in waiting time.

This is the exact type of review that gave me wrong expectations. For sead, this is simply wrong. He did not QC the watches (he would have seen that the color is wrong, or that the bezel has an issue in the second watch) and the QC pictures were simply bad. Dark, not one straight picture that let me determine whether the date is centered, and no timegrapher pics. I don't see this as good QC, and I and I am sure other noobs get bad expectations from comments such as yours. I can't speak for other TDs of course.

Reactions: Omar9

edwinkx

12/11/12
tried various TDs and 6 watches off sead. small hiccups on 1-2 piece and sead went totally outta the way to send me spare parts to make it all good. gives awesome advises to tell you which watch isn't worth your time. yea... replies are a tad slow but he always delivers perfectly. i can vouch for his awesome service there bro.... be patient and don't send wall of texts to him cos its just gonna slow everything down

Reactions: 5t3f4n

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
This is the exact type of review that gave me wrong expectations. For sead, this is simply wrong. He did not QC the watches (he would have seen that the color is wrong, or that the bezel has an issue in the second watch) and the QC pictures were simply bad. Dark, not one straight picture that let me determine whether the date is centered, and no timegrapher pics. I don't see this as good QC, and I and I am sure other noobs get bad expectations from comments such as yours. I can't speak for other TDs of course.

You just can't leave this alone can you chap ? As already explained Sead's QC pictures aren't the best . Sure other dealers use light boxes and expensive cameras with high resolution macro shots . However his pics do the job . Everybody who deals with him knows this . Also he rarely sends out timegrapher pictures , noobs like you always get hung up on timegrapher pictures . Do you even know how to interpret them ? If Sead did I suspect your next thread would be ' timegrapher results what does it mean ?' or ' QC pictures my watch. Is + 3 seconds a day I think I should reject ? ' . In reality timegrapher pictures simply show you that the watch is working and you haven't got a bad watch . They are only done in one position so don't reflect the accuracy of the watch in your everyday day day wearing of it .

Seads pictures are good enough ( they can be expanded / zoomed ) to see that the watch is straight and Green light it . If Sead is also happy that the watch is ' right ' his end and the movement is good then that us good enough for me to ask him to dispatch. I again as many have said on here can vouch for Sead , his knowledge , and his honesty in dealing with customers . However if your expecting an Amazon type experience shiny websites , flashy QC pics , and emails answered 24 /7 in 5 minutes flat he is probably not for you .

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
You just can't leave this alone can you chap ? As already explained Sead's QC pictures aren't the best . Sure other dealers use light boxes and expensive cameras with high resolution macro shots . However his pics do the job . Everybody who deals with him knows this . Also he rarely sends out timegrapher pictures , noobs like you always get hung up on timegrapher pictures . Do you even know how to interpret them ? If Sead did I suspect your next thread would be ' timegrapher results what does it mean ?' or ' QC pictures my watch. Is + 3 seconds a day I think I should reject ? ' . In reality timegrapher pictures simply show you that the watch is working and you haven't got a bad watch . They are only done in one position so don't reflect the accuracy of the watch in your everyday day day wearing of it .

Seads pictures are good enough ( they can be expanded / zoomed ) to see that the watch is straight and Green light it . If Sead is also happy that the watch is ' right ' his end and the movement is good then that us good enough for me to ask him to dispatch. I again as many have said on here can vouch for Sead , his knowledge , and his honesty in dealing with customers . However if your expecting an Amazon type experience shiny websites , flashy QC pics , and emails answered 24 /7 in 5 minutes flat he is probably not for you .

Well, you aren't reading either. He says he got pics of the wrong colour watch...

Reactions: Omar9

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12

He made a mistake with the color of the watch, he corrected it. No one has ever claimed Sead is the fastest TD out there, and he doesn't do timegrapher pics.

You're complaining for the sake of complaining, it's repetitive and boring - you've got your point across, everybody has understood how unhappy you are - time to move on.

indierock Jim

Horology Curious
3/7/19
I'm in the end stages of my first dealings with Sead and couldn't disagree more. As a complete noob with the process I read tons and tons of forum posts. Read everything from the noob guides, consenual list, TD forum. Never asked anyone "what's the best...?" or "look at the QC pics', or complained about the speed of the process. I only emailed in reply to Sead and knew there wasn't going to be any extraneous chit chat. All because I read these forums and knew patience and education was the key to the entire process. Within the next couple of weeks I expect to see a package delivered and it will be exactly what I wanted. Already have a couple of reps in mind for the next time around and it will be with Sead for sure.

Pickledbeetroot

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/12
Hey,

I honestly do not understand why sead has such positive feedback. My interaction with him has just been ridiculous. I'll summarize quickly:

I inquire about availability and price of watch, takes a bit but he still replies once a day. Paid on June 5, confirmed same day. So far so good.

June 9th comes QC. Wrong color. Weird, I reiterated color twice and it is also in the email subject.

I write him and he says ok let's see.

I hear nothing for 3 days and ask him what's up. He said he ordered a new watch but hasn't heard back. So far so good.

June 27, still no new QC pictures, nothing heard from him.

July 5 QC for new watch arrives. Bezel looks dirty (should be a quick fix). I ask him to check whether it is dirt or a broken bezel, if he can send timegrapher pics, and maybe change the date (unsure whether uncentered date). He replies next day that he will look at it. Takes three days to simply brush away dirt. I am getting super annoyed, an encounter that should have taken 5 minutes takes 4 days.

I ask him for the timegrapher pics again, and haven't received an answer for a week after asking again he said that he already sent the pics (he didn't, but I got an empty email).

I red lighted the watch and just wanted this ordeal to be over. I changed my order to a Tudor gmt zf that he has in UK stock. I asked for uk stock pictures to get the watch as quickly as possible.

After confirmation of QC pics I heard nothing. Browsing the forums I see a post on repgeek of a German guy who ordered the Tudor gmt zf from UK stock AFTER I CONFIRMED and now (August 4) already has the watch in his hands. What the actual fuck. I am just wondering where my watch is, and how this guy got the watch before me even though I ordered the UK stock watch. I am at my wit's end

I have no idea why people like buying watches from him. Getting an answer from him is impossible. He answers in cryptic ways and when he finally replies he answers one of three questions, so that you have to ask him again and wait for another email for days. I cannot think of a more unprofessional way of dealing with this.

I am beginning to think the reviews here are mostly shilling.

Think twice before ordering from him. I think other places seem much more professional and especially quicker.

So buyers beware.
Q

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

i'm sensing this hobby might not be for you pal, you'd be much happier sticking with your amazon prime account.

Ecender

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
26/10/18
Miami, Fl
Mi experience with Sead, he rather loose a sale, than selling a watch he considere worthless, I really appreciate him being that honest.
Still looking for my next watch and it will be with him. No other TD take better care of your investment like him.

qqraxtt

MULTI ACCOUNT
19/5/19
Hi everyone.

My watch arrived. It looks and works great.

I understand that my review was worded harshly and that I was impatient. I have to say sead was not dishonest and everything got cleared up. I also need to add that he was nice about me changing my order and understanding.

I still think that my review about his communication skills being annoying is still applicable, but I am hardly the first to say so. So if you can deal with his communication, trust sead.

I apologize for my childish behavior and hope to be able to be a part of this community anyway.

Reactions: YellowFin

LinusR

31/3/19
Eventhough I am also not long in here and I also just bought my first watch I think his communication is normal. Maybe bigger td with more employees are faster with the communication but you definetly hear about many more td that they are slow in communication. You just need to be patient in this scene.

Gesendet von iPhone mit RWI

bc1221

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/14
What a lot of people don’t seem to really understand is that people like saed just go to a market and hand a list of watches/parts they have orders for. He is most likely just handed a box of watches. He’s not gonna sit in the middle of a busy market and check all of the illegal, counterfeit watches. He would then go back to his office or home or wherever he works from and look through emails and match watches with the orders and sends pics of them.

You are not his only customer that day or any other day. He’s not gonna remember who the hell you are. He probably will not remember the last email exchange or the question you asked in the last email so best practice would be to just ask again and mention that you had asked that in a previous email (it won’t matter but he may remember who and what you asked about.).

Geez. I remember when it would take over a month to even get a response after sending money and I didn’t get QC pics. You got what you got. If you weren’t happy with it, you shipped it back on your expense.

Just expect everything and anything be delayed. If you plan on buying a watch, expect to not see it in real life for at least a month. If it shows up early, awesome. If it doesn’t, just wait a little longer. Nobody is going to go out of their busy day to check your order after it’s been shipped.

This hobby takes a lot of patience. This is typically why I prefer M2M sales but sometimes, you just need that one that hasn’t shown up in M2M yet.

I’m glad it turned out ok but just be patient. If it’s been over a month and you haven’t gotten a watch or a response from a TD, that’s what the mods are here to help you with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tucker

littowun

Known Member
1/6/19
Not Applicable
What a lot of people don’t seem to really understand is that people like saed just go to a market and hand a list of watches/parts they have orders for. He is most likely just handed a box of watches. He’s not gonna sit in the middle of a busy market and check all of the illegal, counterfeit watches. He would then go back to his office or home or wherever he works from and look through emails and match watches with the orders and sends pics of them.

You are not his only customer that day or any other day. He’s not gonna remember who the hell you are. He probably will not remember the last email exchange or the question you asked in the last email so best practice would be to just ask again and mention that you had asked that in a previous email (it won’t matter but he may remember who and what you asked about.).

Geez. I remember when it would take over a month to even get a response after sending money and I didn’t get QC pics. You got what you got. If you weren’t happy with it, you shipped it back on your expense.

Just expect everything and anything be delayed. If you plan on buying a watch, expect to not see it in real life for at least a month. If it shows up early, awesome. If it doesn’t, just wait a little longer. Nobody is going to go out of their busy day to check your order after it’s been shipped.

This hobby takes a lot of patience. This is typically why I prefer M2M sales but sometimes, you just need that one that hasn’t shown up in M2M yet.

I’m glad it turned out ok but just be patient. If it’s been over a month and you haven’t gotten a watch or a response from a TD, that’s what the mods are here to help you with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Respectfully disagree. Times have changed and the business exchange has evolved.

Once a watch has been confirmed in stock, QC within 5 working days. Delivery within another 3 working days by DHL. More of my transactions have seen 9 calendar day deliveries, from initial inquiry to watch in my hand, than otherwise. If QC issues, add another 5-10 working days. These timeframes are simply my past experiences given a sample size of 10 watches purchased since my joining RWI.

In contrast, my M2M transactions (sample size of 6 watches since joining) have been from 7 calendar days to 20 calendar days from initial PM. Not much faster. And they are never completely "as described".

It's a buyer's market and there are so many TDs on RWI to chose from. Bad experience with one, move on to the next! That's what I did until I found my favorite TD.

WhatsApp is a game changer. Plenty of TDs who are very responsive by email as well. But with WhatsApp you can definitely gauge the level of service because you can see when a TD is online and when they've read your message. Be patient and not a pita, just also make a mental note of their responsiveness to narrow down your internal list of your preferred TDs.

At least 5 TDs on RWI communicate by WhatsApp so give it a try :thumbup:

Reactions: Hinclimincli

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
By now you realize you made an ass of yourself and displayed the typical antics of a Noob that didn’t spend enough time reading. Buying illegal counterfeit watches is not like ordering on Amazon. Read Puretime’s Mechanics 1 and 2 so you will understand the process. Every step takes longer.
I bought and paid for a newly released watch with a misspelling on the dial. I had to wait months for the corrected dials. Things go wrong all the time. No TD is going to risk their TD status for $350.

Welcome to RWI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

yodog

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
2/9/11
In my parent's basement
I have been working with Sead with maybe 5 6 years now.

I don't think anyone really understands what him or other TDs deal with.

I am the US "repairman" in a sense for him - because we have such a good relationship, any watches that have issues sent to a buyer to the US, he directs it to me to fix (instead of going back to China)

My god, you do not know the dumbass complaints and "problems" that Sead's buyers have. I don't think anyone can take the harassment and scamming. He is a one man shop, so totally gave me insight as to the type of people/problems that he deals with on a daily basis. He has been in the game for a decade plus, always delivers and comes through even if it takes more time.

Example of issues:

1. Buyer wore a watch for 1 year, comes back to me with a loose caseback, the entire guts of the watch rusted out, crown stem bent in half. Tells sead that the watch has issues and needs to be replaced.

2. AP diver. Says the inner bezel isn't lined up with the marker at 12 (its adjustable you fucking idiot). Wants replacement. The fucking thing looks like it went through WW2.

interaktiv

Parts-Distributor Modder
Supporting Vendor
Vendor (Patron)
26/10/15
EU
I have been working with Seat for several years, I never had a problem!

Oz nick

22/8/13
NZ
6 years dealing with Sead., never had a problem. As others have said here, always gives great advice even if it means a no sale for him, and I have asked his opinion on numerous occasions. He may take a little longer than some other TD’s , but I guess he has a life outside watches.
Top TD in my opinion

Reactions: masterpiece777

up_right

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/17
Spain
+1 for Sead

I have bought multiple watches from Sead over the years, and never had a problem.

snorky1

7/4/15
Possibly frustrating but definitely NOT a good reason to write things like "buyers beware" (and here I quote you).

The best you could do now is :
1 - cool down a little
2 - have a drink with friends
3 - patiently wait for your watch

Another good thing you could do, IMHO, is apologize for your behaviour.
Pinpointing some difficulties you encountered while dealing with a TD is one thing and could help him to improve the way he manage his sales.
But falsely accusing him is another thing and is useless ...
Period

Envoyé de mon moto g(7) power en utilisant Tapatalk

I agree. The most important thing is to drink glasses with friends. :cool: