• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

FIRST PURCHASE: Rolex Datejust 41mm

swax.xyz

Horology Curious
11/5/19
Germany
Hey, today I finally bought by Rolex Datejust 41mm with blue dial, fluted bezel and Jubilee braclet from Sead. I took the arf v2 version and I also bought a rolex boxset from him. I try to make this review as detailed as possible.

First contact with Sead: 05/11/19
​​​​​​Finally decided which version and factory I want: 05/12/19
More Questions answered: 05/13/19
Payment sent: 05/14/19
Awaiting QC pictures atm

Sead noticed my payment and I think he will approve it soon.

I will keep this thread updated, as soon as something happens, I will let you know.
​​​

swax.xyz

Horology Curious
11/5/19
Germany
A few days ago, I received a few pictures from Sead how the watch I want , would look like.
I don't know if these pictures already were my QC pictures.

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
A few days ago, I received a few pictures from Sead how the watch I want , would look like.
I don't know if these pictures already were my QC pictures.

If you have purchased the watch from his EU stock list Sead will send you QC pictures pre payment as he has the watch in stock ready for delivery . Then once you pay he will send watch . If the watch is coming from China ( seems it is an you mention box ) then he takes payment before he sources the watch then sends QC pictures ( as do all TD's).

Why don't you contact Sead instead of posting on here , he is an excellent and reliable TD and will put you right as where you are in the process .

Last edited:

swax.xyz

Horology Curious
11/5/19
Germany
Yea, you are right, it comes from china.
And Ive already wrote a message to him concerning the QC pictures.
And I am doing this Thread, to give new users an idea of how a purchase is going on.

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
Yea, you are right, it comes from china.
And Ive already wrote a message to him concerning the QC pictures.
And I am doing this Thread, to give new users an idea of how a purchase is going on.

Only trying to help chap as in your opening two posts you seem a bit clueless. The advice i gave was sage and politely given . No need to be so abrupt . These posts detailing every detail of your purchase are always done by nervous noobs on their first purchase. They don't really serve any purpose except to reassure the poster they are doing the right thing and everything is going ok . There is plenty of info on the website on how to buy a watch and what the buying experience is like.

Good luck with purchase , you will be fine with Sead he provides an excellent service and watches with excellent QC . I know because i buy my watches from him !!

Last edited:

swax.xyz

Horology Curious
11/5/19
Germany

These are the pictures he already sent to before the purchase (on 23th of may), but I think he gave me this in order to get an confirmation that this version (blue dial, jubilee etc) is the one, that I want (because he wrote "like this")

swax.xyz

Horology Curious
11/5/19
Germany
Currently awaiting updates from Sead, like when my watch gets shipped, and if I get QC pictures soon.
No answer since 3 days. I am really patience, and I am totally fine with that. I just want to mention it.

swax.xyz

Horology Curious
11/5/19
Germany
The automatic handwriting recognition from the bank has written my name in the reference wrong, so Ive told Sead the current reference. He replied, that he'll check it today. Seeing forward that he replies to me later this evening/in the early morning.
Two days ago, he also told me that the watch failed the qc process so the will he return it and get a new one. Will keep you updated, guys

swax.xyz

Horology Curious
11/5/19
Germany
He tells me that he hasnt received the money yet. I sent it via bank transfer. I live in germany, and Sead told me to send it to a specific munich bank account. I did. Normally you should get the money in 2-3 days via SEPA-Transfer.

Davne25

Supporter // Watchaddict
23/3/17
Germany
I placed an order with Sead a couple of days ago and i used the same bank account, everything went fine :) just be patient Mate

swax.xyz

Horology Curious
11/5/19
Germany
okay, I hope so. Sead said that the problem said, that the problem could also be on his side. I will just wait, and wait for instructions.

mastercoll

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
10/4/19
Italy

These are the pictures he already sent to before the purchase (on 23th of may), but I think he gave me this in order to get an confirmation that this version (blue dial, jubilee etc) is the one, that I want (because he wrote "like this")

Same identical pics he sent to me on 15th May (maybe this should be my watch? Time graph was nice, too), but transaction failed.
Two days ago, he wrote there are some problems with police in this period and he refunded me. I get money back today.
​​​​​