• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

1st time, probably not the last time.

serialthrilla

Horology Curious
15/3/19
CANADA
So I’ve done some reading, watched some reviews and have even emailed Sead back months ago.

Recently took the leap of faith and will be ordering a Noob V4 PAM111. Next move is a submariner but I wanted my first purchase to not be so hard on the wallet and a great bang for your buck.

Emailing Sead has been easy, he’s polite and straightforward in any dealings. I’ve never paid with anything online aside from PayPal or Credit Cards so I had to look up TransferWise before committing to get Sead payment.

I’m a Canadian, so I got to deal with our crappy dollar. After registering for TransferWise and getting my identity confirmed, I have now sent payments and waiting for it to clear, and then the awesome QC Pics!!!

I’m excited and hopeful this goes well. I will update the community as we get further because I’ve read some dealings much like I’m going through and each one has helped.

✌????

Sent from the RWI App

solin79

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/8/17
Hi, I’m Canadian too, and have exchanged emails with sead, to inquire about a watch and possibly proceed with an order.
Did you made the payment through a bank?
Im a also a bit worried about customs too

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

terry777

6/12/15
Hello, I paid him directly by WU with no problems. The watch came super fast to Canada. I have never had a problem with customs. Just follow the procedure and have patience and your watch
will arrive. I just picked up my watch today from the post office, it had some issues which i'm sure Sead will rectify. There is a reason why these guys are Trusted dealers.

solin79

13/8/17
Thank you so much! It’s reassuring. Did you pay in euros or dollars ?

serialthrilla

Horology Curious
15/3/19
CANADA
Hi, I’m Canadian too, and have exchanged emails with sead, to inquire about a watch and possibly proceed with an order.
Did you made the payment through a bank?
Im a also a bit worried about customs too

I actually paid in Canadian dollars. It deducted it from my RBC account and the exchange rate was decent. ( Its never good lol. ) But they also only charged me 4 dollars to do the transfer! I am a bit worried about customs. Talking to Sead he mentioned he's done it countless times and not a worry. I guess I ll keep you guys posted.

serialthrilla

Horology Curious
15/3/19
CANADA
Hello, I paid him directly by WU with no problems. The watch came super fast to Canada. I have never had a problem with customs. Just follow the procedure and have patience and your watch
will arrive. I just picked up my watch today from the post office, it had some issues which i'm sure Sead will rectify. There is a reason why these guys are Trusted dealers.

That's definitely reassuring to hear, especially with Customs. I am also pumped to hear it comes quick to Canada! Hope you issues are fixed, are they minor or major?

terry777

6/12/15
Hi, I paid WU in Cad dollars. they convert to US dollars and send direct to your TD usually within a day. This was my first purchase with Sead so we will see how it goes. Buying a rep comes with
possible issues depending how fussy your are. The reps I've purchases look great and feel good on the wrist very similar to GEN. Do some research on the watch you are interested in before you
pull the trigger, look closely at the QC pics so you get what you expect. I wear my rep watches more than my GEN ones. My order from Sead was in stock and super fast from China to Alberta via EMS with tracking. They label it as bracelet or toy etc. Hope this helps you out, enjoy and have confidence in your trusted dealer.

serialthrilla

Horology Curious
15/3/19
CANADA
Hi, I paid WU in Cad dollars. they convert to US dollars and send direct to your TD usually within a day. This was my first purchase with Sead so we will see how it goes. Buying a rep comes with
possible issues depending how fussy your are. The reps I've purchases look great and feel good on the wrist very similar to GEN. Do some research on the watch you are interested in before you
pull the trigger, look closely at the QC pics so you get what you expect. I wear my rep watches more than my GEN ones. My order from Sead was in stock and super fast from China to Alberta via EMS with tracking. They label it as bracelet or toy etc. Hope this helps you out, enjoy and have confidence in your trusted dealer.

That is tremendous news !!! Thanks for letting me know! I am in Alberta too! I actually am waiting on the QC pics, so I am all anxious and excited! Haha

Ya I've been researching some subs and GMT masters. If things go well thats the next one!

Cheers Terry!

terry777

6/12/15
In this game patience is the key, if you get your watch fast its a bonus. Where in Ab are you?

serialthrilla

Horology Curious
15/3/19
CANADA
In this game patience is the key, if you get your watch fast its a bonus. Where in Ab are you?

Ya it'll be a nice suprise when it comes. I actually enjoyed the time I took to read reviews, look at pics and work towards something. The next one will be fun to find for a couple months down the road.

I am in Edmonton! How about you ?

serialthrilla

Horology Curious
15/3/19
CANADA
Ya it'll be a nice suprise when it comes. I actually enjoyed the time I took to read reviews, look at pics and work towards something. The next one will be fun to find for a couple months down the road.

I am in Edmonton! How about you ?

Small world and Cheers!

serialthrilla

Horology Curious
15/3/19
CANADA
Update***

I did get the QC pics a couple of weeks ago. Upon viewing and reading articles this PAM111 was so easy to look at, and it looked awesome. I am grateful I chose this watch as a first, because if I had chosen a Sub with a date window, or a more complex dial. The angles and pics would drive me a bit crazy cause I'd be all worried about how it lined up.

Also I got my tracking number from Sead and am anxiously awaiting my first rep!

solin79

13/8/17
Please keep us posted :) i m so eager to order my Pam 719.

serialthrilla

Horology Curious
15/3/19
CANADA
Hey guys, So I lost track of my days I was waiting. None the less, it arrived a lot sooner than I had expected!!! It was actually packaged quite well and you can tell Sead and his crew has done it numerous times. Also as an added bonus no customs!!!

I am very happy with it, and it looks great!!!

Only concern ... when I first originally opened it .. I spotted a metal piece. Very small rolling around in the back of the watch through the exhibition case back, it may have been an out of place small piece. It was square with a circular hole through it. SInce... I've put it on I havent seen it and its kept good time. I did email Sead about it. Will keep you guys posted.

I am impressed cause I played around with it for about 30mins and woke up and it has kept the time 7 hours later!!!

Also Ive changed the bands and I love this red leather strap I found. However, I did scratch it a bit right by where the pin goes. Also as I am not used to it on my wrist I banged it on my desk. UGH ! I know its inevitable, but it looks so good I just want to keep it mint. Anything I can do to keep it nice and shiny guys?

Also I am having ultra noob issues posting photos. So I havent been able to, any help would be great lol.
AF1QipPwKhB74Nskjl2DFhckBKYb1YtUtzpDwuZLMQRz
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==