• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My Experience so Far (edited by the mods)

Quantumsolace

Horology Curious
14/8/18
Hi all,

I am here to report a negative experience with Sead. Firstly, the email address I used to communicate was [email protected] which is the email address listed here.
  • I paid for the watch on 26 September.
  • The bank fraud team called me and said that the bank account I tried to pay to was previously confirmed for fraud.
  • Thinking this was simply a false positive, I ignored the warning and on 28 September, I called the bank security, asked them to remove the block and resubmitted the transaction.
  • On 29 September, Sead said he had not yet received the money.
  • I waited until 30 September and checked again. Once again, Sead said he had not received the money. This was possible.
  • On 2 October, I emailed Sead again and he said the banks are off and he could not check. Fair enough.
  • On 4 October, I followed up again with Sead and he said that he would let me know in the morning.
  • On 5 October I followed up again and Sead said on Monday it will ship.
  • On 8 October in the morning, Sead asked me for my bank account number, which I provided hours later.
  • Having not heard back after this, I asked Sead to confirm whether he has sent the watch that evening. No response except a blank email on 9 October.
  • On 10 October, which is today, I emailed Sead and let him know that I received a blank email.
  • Having heard no response, I finally emailed him to say:
    • "Hi Sead , I'm starting to get a bit concerned now as to where things are at right now. I understand China has had a public holiday but I've made payment and you have the watch now for around two weeks. Can you please let me know what the hold up is and when I can get a tracking number? Thanks."
  • Sead then responds to say "well mate i cant see payment from that account nor any other payment around 350 and i really got burned a few times sending watches before payment as u know i got the watch in my possesion a long time ago".
  • I responded to say: Hi Sead, please check again. Payment was made on 28 September and processed on 2 October. I attach receipts. If you do not get back to me by 11pm tonight, I will be asking my bank to refund the money from your account and will also be documenting this on RWI and RWG.
This leads me to think two things. Either Sead is a scammer or Sead's email address has been stolen or I have been using the wrong email address and someone is impersonating him. If anyone has any idea of what I should do, please let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: YatchMister

vicad

Renowned Member
14/6/15
Do you know that bank wire to China can take up to 3 weeks frow frow western countries ?

Did you factor the fact that banks were closed in China from 1 to 8 October?

Did you contact the mods before posting this ?

I don't get how you can get so crazy over 1 week of waiting, some members have to wait months before receiving their watches !

Last edited:

Quantumsolace

Horology Curious
14/8/18
Hi Vicad,

Lets me deal with your comments below:

Reference to payment method removed.
c.) Anecdotally, I had also made payment two another trusted dealer on the same day, both TDs are with the same bank, and not only has the other TD received the funds, I have already received the watch.

2. Yes, of course I have. Which is why I gave him two weeks notice.

3. No, I am not aware how to do this but would be happy to speak to the Mods and rescind this post if they could resolve the issue.

3. I understand it could take months to receive a watch. For example, if a watch was out of stock (for example the Rolex Daytona), it could take up to three weeks for the factory to make new stock, there may be a wait list, it may take a week to get QC photos, up to another few weeks if QC is not up to standard, up to three days to ship and a week to receive the watches. Here the situation is different for a few reasons:

a. The watch was available from day 1.
b. QC photos were approved right away.
c. Payment was made straight away.
d. The watch has not even shipped - we are not talking about it taking two weeks to receive a watch - we are talking about 2 weeks for Sead to say he has not even received the funds.

The issue I am taking with this is the fact that I am being kept in the dark. Communication has been poor. My bank has previously said there has been confirmed fraud related to his bank account. And now Sead has claimed he has not received the funds. My main concern now is whether Sead has changed his email address and whether i am speaking to the real Sead.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: stock682

Fiddo

-----
Gold Patron
Certified
16/2/09
In a Causal Loop
Do you know that bank wire to China can take up to 3 weeks frow frow western countries ?

Did you factor the fact that banks were closed in China from 1 to 8 October?

Did you contact the mods before posting this ?

I don't get how you can get so crazy over 1 week of waiting, some members have to wait months before receiving their watches !

^ What he said. Also, Sead is not a scammer. He's been here for years and there has been no instances of him scamming anyone for anything. Now, he's been burned a few times by being too accomodating and trusting, though. Relax.....you will get your watch.

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
A harsh statement m8....So that I understand correctly...you joined here a few weeks ago.....

Did you take in account that there was a National Day holiday in China 1st till 7th of October so banks are closed for a week???

you got the bankaccount number from Sead in email? Your own bandk said it was confirmed for fraud. Yet, you still approved the payment despite the warning?

Did you read the tips and tricks for buying from TD's?

Have you read the posts about Sead being a busy guy, working alone so he often does not respond quickly but always delivers?
To be honest, I find this title really over exaggerated and quite disgusting to use your own words....
Read and learn m8 before you accuse TD's without knowledge whatsoever....

vicad

Renowned Member
14/6/15
1. The banking system may have more secrets than you know of. If other TD's received payments, that doesn't necessarily mean that Sead must have received yours. The issue may come from your bank (even if they say everything went through), your central bank (checking the beneficiary of the wire), the beneficiary's central bank, or the bank of Sead (please delete the name of the bank from your post).

Your bank have certainly recorded seads bank account as fraudulent because a lot of members, may be like you, recalled the payment as fraudulent only days after having paid, the main reason being to try to scam him (he rightly and politely told you that in his last email).

2. You're speaking to the real Sead, with no more communication than necessary, but -as they say- highly efficient.

3. I said "months before receiving their watches", it includes payment, ordering to the factory, QC issues, shipping and shipping issues, if any.

When you enter the process of buying a watch from our TD's, it does not work as Amazon. It WILL take several weeks before you receive your watch, if not months.

You should lower your expectations on the customer service side. Don't forget you deal with illegal products and with non English-speakig native TDs, based thousands miles or km away from you.

Finally, you should really contact the mods by opening a ticket before taking any action. I hope you didn't recall your payment yet.

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
Hi all,

I am here to report a negative experience with Sead. Firstly, the email address I used to communicate was [email protected] which is the email address listed here.
  • I paid for the watch on 26 September.
  • The bank fraud team called me and said that the bank account I tried to pay to was previously confirmed for fraud.
  • Thinking this was simply a false positive, I ignored the warning and on 28 September, I called the bank security, asked them to remove the block and resubmitted the transaction.
  • On 29 September, Sead said he had not yet received the money.
  • I waited until 30 September and checked again. Once again, Sead said he had not received the money. This was possible.
  • On 2 October, I emailed Sead again and he said the banks are off and he could not check. Fair enough.
  • On 4 October, I followed up again with Sead and he said that he would let me know in the morning.
  • On 5 October I followed up again and Sead said on Monday it will ship.
  • On 8 October in the morning, Sead asked me for my bank account number, which I provided hours later.
  • Having not heard back after this, I asked Sead to confirm whether he has sent the watch that evening. No response except a blank email on 9 October.
  • On 10 October, which is today, I emailed Sead and let him know that I received a blank email.
  • Having heard no response, I finally emailed him to say:
    • "Hi Sead , I'm starting to get a bit concerned now as to where things are at right now. I understand China has had a public holiday but I've made payment and you have the watch now for around two weeks. Can you please let me know what the hold up is and when I can get a tracking number? Thanks."
  • Sead then responds to say "well mate i cant see payment from that account nor any other payment around 350 and i really got burned a few times sending watches before payment as u know i got the watch in my possesion a long time ago".
  • I responded to say: Hi Sead, please check again. Payment was made on 28 September and processed on 2 October. I attach receipts. If you do not get back to me by 11pm tonight, I will be asking my bank to refund the money from your account and will also be documenting this on RWI and RWG.
This leads me to think two things. Either Sead is a scammer or Sead's email address has been stolen or I have been using the wrong email address and someone is impersonating him. If anyone has any idea of what I should do, please let me know.

Never a good idea to complain this way, just contact the mods and they will help you out, I speak from personal experience

Reactions: preppyr6

Quantumsolace

Horology Curious
14/8/18
A harsh statement m8....So that I understand correctly...you joined here a few weeks ago.....

Did you take in account that there was a National Day holiday in China 1st till 7th of October so banks are closed for a week???

you got the bankaccount number from Sead in email? Your own bandk said it was confirmed for fraud. Yet, you still approved the payment despite the warning?

Did you read the tips and tricks for buying from TD's?

Have you read the posts about Sead being a busy guy, working alone so he often does not respond quickly but always delivers?
To be honest, I find this title really over exaggerated and quite disgusting to use your own words....
Read and learn m8 before you accuse TD's without knowledge whatsoever....

1. Yes, if you read my post, I did account for the national day holiday and was not expecting for the watch to be shipped during this period. My concern is that after the holiday had finished, Sead still claimed not to have received the funds when clearly, the funds should have arrived.

2. Yes, the bank account number was from Sead in the email. I approved the payment because as other users have said, this could of been a false positive from other users recalling their funds before it has been received and I did my homework - that is Sead is a trusted dealer and I should be entitled to rely on the fact he can be trusted.

3. Yes I read all the posts about Sead prior to purchasing which is why I'm surprised that this is what it has come to. I have a limited time to recall my funds if the transaction is truly fraudulent so I simply can't wait indefinitely to receive a response from him.

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
remove the bank location -.- don't make it so easy for lawyers to locate the banks of the TDs.#

Edit: It can take up to 30 days via bank transfer, i know that because i send some money a friend in Tokyo and it took 30 days. So one week is nothing.

efajri

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
Why can't OP just stick with buying genuine Timex from well-established online store, Amazon? You pay then you get your beautiful genuine Timex in two freakin' days.

Quantumsolace

Horology Curious
14/8/18
1. The banking system may have more secrets than you know of. If other TD's received payments, that doesn't necessarily mean that Sead must have received yours. The issue may come from your bank (even if they say everything went through), your central bank (checking the beneficiary of the wire), the beneficiary's central bank, or the bank of Sead (please delete the name of the bank from your post).

Your bank have certainly recorded seads bank account as fraudulent because a lot of members, may be like you, recalled the payment as fraudulent only days after having paid, the main reason being to try to scam him (he rightly and politely told you that in his last email).

2. You're speaking to the real Sead, with no more communication than necessary, but -as they say- highly efficient.

3. I said "months before receiving their watches", it includes payment, ordering to the factory, QC issues, shipping and shipping issues, if any.

When you enter the process of buying a watch from our TD's, it does not work as Amazon. It WILL take several weeks before you receive your watch, if not months.

You should lower your expectations on the customer service side. Don't forget you deal with illegal products and with non English-speakig native TDs, based thousands miles or km away from you.

Finally, you should really contact the mods by opening a ticket before taking any action. I hope you didn't recall your payment yet.

1. I will call my bank tomorrow to confirm whether the funds have gone through. It is highly suspicious that another TD received the funds days before Sead did even though they are with the same bank.

2. Can you confirm this to be the case? How do you know?

3. Yes, but I have waited half a month just for him to confirm payment.

4. I understand this is not Amazon, this is not my first purchase. I expect it will take weeks before receiving a watch but not weeks for funds to be processed from one major bank to another.

5. I have not recalled my payment yet and will not if this can be resolved. For what its worth, I found Sead's quality control (if it is the real Sead) to be exceptional and photos to be a level above the others. I have purchased from quite a few TDs and Sead does a good job with choosing the watches from the factory.

6. A number of readers assume that because I have less than 20 posts that I am a complete noob when it comes to purchasing watches and have unrealistic expectations of how the process works. This couldn't be further from the truth. I have purchased a number of watches from various TDs. I like to try different TDs to see if one offers better service than the other and how they differ. Sort of like a company having multiple suppliers, if one is too busy. I have fully accounted for the China National Day holiday, the bank transfer times and even this being Sead's past time. I've even read all the posts of Sead including his interviews and other peoples' experiences. This is my first purchase with Sead and I want to make sure I am dealing with the real guy and not being scammed. If someone can give me the details of the mods who I can message, I'm happy to take this offline. As i said, I am happy with Sead's quality control and if this transaction goes smoothly, I would like to continue to do business with him. This experience currently, has left a bitter taste in my mouth.

Quantumsolace

Horology Curious
14/8/18
Why can't OP just stick with buying genuine Timex from well-established online store, Amazon? You pay then you get your beautiful genuine Timex in two freakin' days.

I have not been a member of this forum for long. But I thought the point of having a forum is to have a constructive conversation and to help people. In some ways, my post should help others as well as I have provided a chronology of events - rather objectively, which new readers can follow and form a view as to whether they would like to buy from this dealer.

Rather than help, a lot of posters so far have just been quick to judge, sarcastic and defensive rather than offering a solution.

My thoughts are simple:

1. It is inconceivable that payment to a Hong Kong bank using international transfer of funds using a major developed western bank would take more than 5 business days - otherwise, it would be impossible for business to be conducted.
2. I have a limited time in which I can ask the bank to refund the funds in case of fraud - and I need to make a decision before that timeframe runs out.
3. Sead has responded inconsistently, stating on one hand he will ship, then he doesn't have the funds, and now not responding at all - this does not inspire confidence.
4. I would love to speak to a mod if someone can tell me how I can find the right person to speak to (here I am a noob and would appreciate your help).

Reactions: stock682

efajri

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
I have not been a member of this forum for long. But I thought the point of having a forum is to have a constructive conversation and to help people. In some ways, my post should help others as well as I have provided a chronology of events - devoid of bias, which new readers can follow and form a view as to whether they would like to follow in my steps.

Rather than help, a lot of posters so far have just been quick to judge, sarcastic and defensive rather than offering a solution.

My thoughts are simple:

1. It is inconceivable that payment to a Hong Kong bank using international transfer of funds using a major developed western bank would take more than 5 business days - otherwise, it would be impossible for business to be conducted.
2. I have a limited time in which I can ask the bank to refund the funds in case of fraud - and I need to make a decision before that timeframe runs out.
3. Sead has responded inconsistently, stating on one hand he will ship, then he doesn't have the funds, and now not responding at all - this does not inspire confidence.
4. I would love to speak to a mod if someone can tell me how I can find the right person to speak to (here I am a noob and would appreciate your help).

If you were in my position, first time buying from new TD, funds not received despite other TD receiving it days before hand, Sead not responding, would you try and get a refund?

The forum members will help you and have a constructive conversation if the thread subject doesn't say "Disgusting experience...". You yourself are quick to judge the TD; so we can't we judge you?

When you buy illegal goods, expect to lose money.
From my experience buying from a TD or M2M, I always expect to get ripped off or scammed, and I always lower my expectation; so if the deal goes south, I'd be ok because I decide myself to deal with this seller.

Would I ask for a refund if I were in your situation? I would consult with RWI Sales Mod first.

Reactions: bobandshawn

preppyr6

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/15
@OP Srsly bruh? Good luck in your illegal fake watch endeavors. Try not to be an asshat next time you join one of these forums...

giphy.gif