• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Sead giving me the run around.

FastPaced

Preformer
26/2/17
So I am going to put a ticket in on this, but buyer beware.
Sead has been giving me the runaround for a couple of weeks on a watch that was supposed to be shipped to a Modder. Watch never showed up, and he expects the Modder to run around chasing it.
Do yourself a favor- Use a different TD

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
I can see this ending badly.

Define 'runaround' - what hideously complex tasks is he expecting the modder to perform ?

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
More facts please. Need the info.

FastPaced

Preformer
26/2/17
So I ordered a 15400 that Sead was supposed to ship directly to Slaughterer. After I approved the QC pics, he said he sent the watch out to him. I asked for a tracking number, no reply. After awhile and not hearing anything about it, I emailed again asking for the tracking number. Response was "it should be there soon", but he never gave me a tracking number. Waited awhile and emailed him again, only thing I got was a screenshot of something that said "arrived in Germany" - but no tracking number. So I waited awhile and contacted Slaughterer to see if he got it. He said that he just received one, but that it had a different customers name on it. So I contacted Sead on it and told him that Slaughterer just got one in with someone else's name on it, and asked him for the tracking number (again). Sead responded, (not giving me a tracking number) saying "that one is probably it, I probably put it in the wrong box with someone else name on it". So I sent Slaughterer the serial number of the QC pics to see if that might have been my watch, he responded that it was a different watch and his customer that sent it emailed him about it. So I again asked Sead for a tracking number, he finally gave me one. I tracked it and it said that it was loaded on the truck for delivery on the 29th. So I emailed Sead back about it and asked him to check on it. He told me to have Slaughterer track it down. He messaged Slaughterer asking him if he got the watch and Slaughterer responded no, what address did you send it to. I checked the tracking number again and now it says delivered on the 29th.
So the multiple times I asked for the tracking number and never got it and him trying to pass the job of finding it to Slaughterer - It is not Slaughterer's Job to look for it, and considering Sead never told us the address he sent it to, impossible to even look into it. I consider this getting the runaround. I have contacted a Mod to step in and help.
Also the other watch that I ordered from Sead I tried getting a tracking number for (to try and avoid a mess like this one) - it took over 4 times of me asking before I got a tracking number and he said it already had shipped out. When I checked that tracking number, it said "shipping information received" but that is it. Something for sure is going on here.

FastPaced

Preformer
26/2/17
I will also add (as I did on RG) that this is a buyers review section, and reviews and experiences both good AND bad should be posted here so anyone considering a TD knows if there are any issues. Just posting "bought watch from Sead, great transaction" without the posts of people that had problems would be one sided and not really the point of a review section. It would also be misleading to any person looking for a TD.
This is my experience and as a side note- I have bought dozens of watches from multiple TDs, m2m and parts from our supporting vendors. I know what to expect and not to expect when buying from TDs.
If we don't post when someone starts to have a problem with a TD or supporting vendor, no one is alerted to a potential problem and members could end up having problems (like with LocoLouie), a cation is always best.
As we all know, there have been TDs and supporting vendors that went bad on these forums and members got screwed by them. Hearing when there is a bad transition helps alert members and hopefully keeps more of them safe. It is not like no one has gotten stiffed on here before- just ask the members who still haven't received their watches from LocoLouie.

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
Oh man, so you are saying Sead has gone rogue like LocoLouie? That’s terrible

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
I do not think Sead and Loco can be comparable cases
Sead has proven over the years how reliable he is, remember the onion thing?
Loco was the new kid in block, think was under probation TD m correct me if i am wrong
He could do an honest mistake like wrong letter in address, in which case packet will go back and things hopefully will be sorted
He would not jeopardize his reputation for 300 bucks
At least that's the way i see it

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
This is not Seads' day job.

Sead rarely gives out tracking numbers - even when asked for them. The reason is no doubt that it just creates more work for him - in a job that isn't his day job.

I think you are massively over dramatising things here - it's either a mix up in tracking numbers, addresses or parcels, but in no way can this be compared to Loco Louie.

Reactions: SUBKILLER

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
To be fair, this does sound exactly like Sead; he's a nightmare to get tracking info from, BUT I've used him loads of times and a spankingly awesome watch has always turned up in due course. I find with him the best thing is just to chillax and wait for the watch to turn up; he's a good TD. In fact, the same could probably be said about any order from any TD.

Reactions: Maron

FastPaced

Preformer
26/2/17
I am not over doing anything. I am just stating what has happened to me, and that is exactly what happened to me- nothing more, nothing less. If people have good experiences with Sead (as I have in the past) that is great, post them. But if there are any problems, post them, that are what reviews are for.
And Sead contacted Slaughterer telling him to go look for the package. It says it was delivered at 8pm, his mail room closes way before than. I also don't expect Slaughterer to runaround calling all over the place trying to find a package, he also has a day job.
My experience, My review. Take it or leave it if you like- But this is exactly what has happened. Nothing else needs to be said.

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
“Do yourself a favour, use a different TD”.

Making a comparison between a respected and established TD and locolouie seems a bit of a stretch.

The above points are hardly, as you said, stating what happened, “nothing more, nothing less”

Please don’t tell me I am wrong

FastPaced

Preformer
26/2/17

Making a comparison between a respected and established TD and locolouie seems a bit of a stretch.

The above points are hardly, as you said, stating what happened, “nothing more, nothing less”

You are wrong, and I plan on using a different TD. Who in there right might would use someone after they had a problem like this with them.

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
You are wrong, and I plan on using a different TD. Who in there right might would use someone after they had a problem like this with them.

I don’t disagree with a lot of what you said, but if you can’t acknowledge the above post then you are not seeing this clearly

Sent from the RWI App

electric

I'm Pretty Popular
14/11/12
I’ve always used Sead. Is there anyone who recently has and can show their watch? I’m not dissing the OP, but it’s more to show that this is more than likely an isolated situation, while undesirable, it is really not like Sead at all.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
I am not over doing anything. I am just stating what has happened to me, and that is exactly what happened to me- nothing more, nothing less. If people have good experiences with Sead (as I have in the past) that is great, post them. But if there are any problems, post them, that are what reviews are for.
And Sead contacted Slaughterer telling him to go look for the package. It says it was delivered at 8pm, his mail room closes way before than. I also don't expect Slaughterer to runaround calling all over the place trying to find a package, he also has a day job.
My experience, My review. Take it or leave it if you like- But this is exactly what has happened. Nothing else needs to be said.

Direct quote from you:

"As we all know, there have been TDs and supporting vendors that went bad on these forums and members got screwed by them. Hearing when there is a bad transition helps alert members and hopefully keeps more of them safe. It is not like no one has gotten stiffed on here before- just ask the members who still haven't received their watches from LocoLouie".

This, IMNSHFO is over dramatising things - comparing him to Loco Louie, and suggesting that maybe people stop buying from him because you've had a bad experience.

You have done the right thing in contacting a mod, you weren't getting anywhere by communicating with Sead. It would be a very good idea if you were to now wait and see what Sead says to the mod, and what solution Sead proposes before you post again in this thread - that would then make it a very useful feed back thread for other members.

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13

You are wrong. Dont try to make ppl feel bad because they think diffrent. unless you have something to share let people speak.

Reactions: FastPaced

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Hearing Sead has not sent you a tracking number is old news. What would make this a new situation would be hearing he did not solve your issue, to my knowledge it would be the first time in his 12 years as a TD here.

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13
This is a free forum, and this is a review section. OP doing nothing wrong just sharing his.if you have a good one please do share it but dont bash on him like he did something wrong because he did not!

Reactions: Tigerdragon

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
This is a free forum, and this is a review section. OP doing nothing wrong just sharing his.if you have a good one please do share it but dont bash on him like he did something wrong because he did not!

He can write his review, nobody is stopping him from writing his review - but a review, nothing more, nothing less. Comparing one bad experience with a massive implosion like Loco Louie is not a fair and just comparison.

And nobody is 'bashing' him - you think this is bashing, seriously ?

It's being pointed out to him that his experience can not be compared to the Loco Louie situation .

Reactions: Tigerdragon