Announcement

Collapse

Please Consider Supporting RWI Today!

We depend on Supporter & Patron subscriptions to pay the bills. Please consider supporting RWI TODAY, CLICK HERE for info on how to subscribe.
See more
See less

Very bad experience with Strodda

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very bad experience with Strodda

I’m not sure how this person has become a trusted vendor. Many of us have experienced a total lack of communication, sometimes for weeks and months at a time. How can someone run a business like that? This is my experience, I sent an Avenger Bandit with 7750 to him for service. The watch was stopping intermittently and was losing about 5-10 minutes a day. It took two weeks for him to respond to me and confirm he finally picked up my watch from his PO Box (the post office were about to return it!) and then delay after delay (he told me he misplaced my watch in the bottom of a closet! WTF??) he finally finished my watch after a month. I receive it back and it is worse than when I sent it...now its gaining five seconds an hour! I send him messages via his website job tracking system (which he apparently rarely checks) and get no response. I message him here via RWI and get a response. I ship it back to him for a second repair and wait another month....no communication. Finally a response and the watch is returned. STILL NOT WORKING properly. So I’m out $240 and two months dicking around with a vendor which has proven to be incompetent at best.

Thats not good. Somebody should check on this. Thats the kind of people we dont like here/

Comment

Did you contact the sales mod?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI
      https://secure-ds.serving-sys.com/Bu...tch/index.html

Comment

Have you opened a help desk ticket? Best to let the mods deal with it
        My collection | Who has the best sub? A guide for noobs | List of TDs contact info

Comment

I don't want to let this issue suck up any more of my time than it already has. Just wanted to share my experience and move on.
          Caveat emptor.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your watch. I suspect your post will have the opposite effect of your desires. I consider the modders here offer a service to the community rather than being a business and treat it in that light. When there are issues it might be better to deal with it quietly through the help desk before leaving feedback and then move on.

Good luck.

Comment

I have dealt with Strodda, even complained here about lack of communication but in the end he has done great work and when a problem arose he stood by his work , In fact I have a few pieces with him now. He is busy, has a life etc. And sometimes the Chinese 7750 movements just cant be fixed, I have quit getting them serviced for the most part and on watches I plan on keeping I source ETA movements and necessary parts (hands) and guess who installs them for me...
              The time is gone, the song is over,
              Thought I'd something more to say

Comment

Targa I like your idea. I will start having Strodda install the ETA's instead of fixing.

Comment

What’s the point in having customer reviews then? If it’s a great review, please share it...but if it’s a bad review I should just keep quiet?

Comment

Strodda has came through on most of my watches. He wasn’t able to fix an issue with my AP ROO chrono as the second hand stops, but I sent it to him twice to repair. It still isn’t functioning, but the other watches he serviced are great. We are dealing with Chinese clones of a movement. I trust Strodda and will send it back once I have more watches for him to service.

I would recommend communicating with him to make it right. I’ve seen numerous watch repair people not willing to deal with servicing replicas as the fit and finish of the movements are garbage and difficult to make them run properly. I chalk it up as just part of the hobby.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow

First, I'd like to apologize to the OP. BUT, I would like to clear up what happened.

The watch ran great post service, what happened was somehow the hairspring tangled in transit. When he sent it back, all I had to do was remove, straighten out the hairspring and reinstall. While it was here I doublechecked cleanliness... ran through the ultrasonic cleaners and ensured it was demagnetized. And again, it was running great. I shipped it back and never heard anything. If it was still having issues for some reason, I had no idea because I was never contacted. To you OldNavitimer PLEASE send it back, I want to make this right, of course, for free. I definitely need to work on replying to messages quicker, but I always pride myself in doing the best work I can. I am not perfect and specializing in replicas, issues are bound to arise, but if any member is not happy with the service I provide, all I want to do is make it right.

Also, one last bit. I was out of town(no excuse), but between the redelivery of the Avenger and having it fixed and ready for shipping back was 6 days. And just an FYI, this would be the last picture I have of the watch before sending back.

* Please add [email protected] to your emails whitelist *
                      Click above to make a service request and receive a price quote.
                      Movement Servicing/Modding/Regulating ~ Waterproofing ~ Reluming ~ General Maintenance

Comment

Strodda Well, at least you’re consistent. Your response and apology was about as timely as the rest of the service. May, September...what’s the difference?

I DID contact you and received NO response. I have since had the watch repaired by a more competent and TIMELY service provider who COMMUNICATES. I paid enough to buy the watch twice and learned my lesson.

Comment

Attitude and sarcasm noted. Thanks ????

After I sent it back, I never heard anything from you. I had no idea anything was wrong and assumed all was right since I fixed the problem and never heard anything back from you. The last communication we had, was me sending you a tracking number. I happened to find this by accident today because I was browsing around after being inactive for too long. I do all business directly through my site. And being as busy as I've been I've unfortunately not been able to be as active here like I used to enjoy being... another thing I want to change.

But I suppose, what's done is done, have a good evening.

* Please add [email protected] to your emails whitelist *
                          Click above to make a service request and receive a price quote.
                          Movement Servicing/Modding/Regulating ~ Waterproofing ~ Reluming ~ General Maintenance

Comment

Working...
                          X