• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Has anyone seen any SINNs?

rolexwatchfan

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/8/13
Serious question:
With good quality reps of $10-30K watches being on average $400-700 what do you think the Sinn rep would cost given the GEN prices are $1,4-4,5K?
Just think about it for a minute or two.
You welcome.

Last edited:

LoveDiveWatches

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/6/21
Serious question:
With good quality reps of $10-30K watches being on average $400-700 what do you think the Sinn rep would cost given the GEN prices are $1,4-4,5K?
You welcome.

Lol. There are reps of the Chinese Seagull 1963, which I think you can get new for under $200. Based on people previously buying the SINN reps, shows there is a market.

Reactions: KidTiger and Edac33

yorkie

21/6/16
Lol. There are reps of the Chinese Seagull 1963, which I think you can get new for under $200. Based on people previously buying the SINN reps, shows there is a market.

I heard there a pain to service so a rep of the seagull could be cheaper in the long run..lol, I'm in the process of buying a Gen Seagull 1963 and a vostok amphibia.

Reactions: LoveDiveWatches

LoveDiveWatches

20/6/21
Both of those watches are on my list to get as well in my curios and oddities as discussion pieces

LoveDiveWatches

20/6/21
I agree MeisterSinger has probably the most unique watches in my opinion. I would love a Gen

LoveDiveWatches

20/6/21
MeisterSinger too as a Really interesting piece.

I agree. That is probably going to be my next Gen purchase. What are your thoughts on the other one hand low price quartz options with Luch, Svalbard, and Bruno Magli for example? Granted at this price range "quality" is what you are willing to accept, but I rate these brands as equal to a lot of lower price reps we see on the forum anyway.

yorkie

21/6/16
Svalbard regulator is a lovely watch a friend had one and it looks good on a nato strap too.
The Seagull is on order i went for the 40mm as i like larger faces.

LoveDiveWatches

20/6/21
Svalbard regulator is a lovely watch a friend had one and it looks good on a nato strap too.
The Seagull is on order i went for the 40mm as i like larger faces.

I agree that looks nice as well. I think I will get a Svalbard Singly AA29 because I still am curious of the single hand oddity

Og50

Horology Curious
19/7/18
I hear the U50 has been a great seller for Sinn, but unfortunately, that appears to be a relative term. I'd pick up a U50 rep in a heartbeat. As much as I appreciate the art of my watches, I just can't bring myself to drop 3k (b/c I'd have to get the tegimented, right?) on what is basically a single piece of jewelry.

Cloudsnew1

Known Member
16/7/21
Canada
Serious question:
You welcome.

I think the price would be high, but it would still miss the quality of Sinn. I find the quality of sinn often escapes most. It's similar to GS in this regard, IMO. I'd rather just buy Sinn, it's somewhat affordable.

SteveMcQueen1930

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
9/5/19
Seems like there won’t be any new Sinn reps anymore.
To fill the void, I got built a custom Sinn 144 “Classic” chronograph with an ETA7753 movement.

Karbon74

Unrivalled Super Hottie
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kanto Region
if someone is interested, one of the supporting RWI vendors has proposed to source a Sinn U1 for me.

If he had proposed a U50 I would have taken the offer.

I don't know if they would appreciate me putting that on forum, so if interested PM me

micablue

Horology Curious
15/6/23
Canada
if someone is interested, one of the supporting RWI vendors has proposed to source a Sinn U1 for me.

If he had proposed a U50 I would have taken the offer.

I don't know if they would appreciate me putting that on forum, so if interested PM me

Wondering what kind of a rep or quality is the Sinn he is able to source it? I thought none of the factories are making Sinn rep these days.

Karbon74

Unrivalled Super Hottie
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kanto Region
Wondering what kind of a rep or quality is the Sinn he is able to source it? I thought none of the factories are making Sinn rep these days.
also one of the reasons I did not follo through. The guy was straight about it. He would source various parts and custom bulld.