• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

We need new Sinn Reps!

Jammydodger79

15/10/18
I've been looking over the Sinn.de website and I really think that a maker such as VSF or Noob are missing a huge opportunity with the current Sinn lineup.

The Chrono's are mainly built on modified Valjoux 7750 and are eminently repable IMO.
The Sinn pilot watches are beautiful and really practical pieces IMO.
Then with something like the Hunter or the 856/857 range, or the Frankfurt Financial district specials a real market for those type of reps is crying out for something other than Omega or Rollie's ????

When was the last good Sinn Rep released?

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

Peguine

Mac and Cheese sucks
18/3/19
At a mcdonalds birthday party
I've been looking over the Sinn.de website and I really think that a maker such as VSF or Noob are missing a huge opportunity with the current Sinn lineup.

The Chrono's are mainly built on modified Valjoux 7750 and are eminently repable IMO.
The Sinn pilot watches are beautiful and really practical pieces IMO.
Then with something like the Hunter or the 856/857 range, or the Frankfurt Financial district specials a real market for those type of reps is crying out for something other than Omega or Rollie's ????

When was the last good Sinn Rep released?

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

As usual i reckon it's popularity thing, us forummers though vocal are a minority. Sinn isn't a very well known brand and people (normies) would rather spend the 300 bucks on getting a rep rolex that gen would be worth 10k+. But that's just my opinion on it i guess hahaha.

Reactions: Jammydodger79

CurioLeo

GPsy King
Gold Patron
Certified
22/8/18
Australia
In the absence of a quality IWC Mark XV, which is probably as unpopular as the Sinn, I would love to see a high quality 556 with A2892.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
I also vote for Sinn reps. Just look at the 103 how gorgeous it is...

Mine says hi.

AAC6-AEEF-AB09-4-E89-BE20-DCC5-BDEFFDA4.jpg

Finchoz

Known Member
29/7/18
Absolutely agree. The 103, 556, and 3006 are favourites of mine. In saying that though the 103 and 556 are in the relatively affordable gen price range so I would actually potentially buy a gen.

Elfriede

Horologically promiscuous
Supporter
28/10/18
Heart of Europe
Hopefully the makers are paying attention to the U50 launch. With the 41mm case size, I think this is going to be a massive seller for Sinn.

The U50 would be great! 41 x 11mm is very wearable, and there is already an asian clone of the 2892 available.
I love the look of the U1/ U2, even had one, but they're just a tad too voluminous for me :/

Last edited:

Og50

Horology Curious
19/7/18
I'd be all over that u50, like white on rice.

Same here on the u1's size. My wrist tops out at 7 inches on a humid day. While I could (barely) pull off a u1, the u50 would fit perfectly - I'd probably even start thinning out my sport watches if I had that in the collection.

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania

Not sure if anyone outside of Germany ever heard of Sinn. And even in Germany it's quite a niche brand. Fun fact: some people on RWI are convinced that the market for a high-end Speedmaster is too small to create a high-end replica. If that's even remotely true, I wouldn't hope for a lot of Sinn reps...

Last edited:

Dominus77

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/3/19
I would love to have a rep SINN Hunter model in the green with the 7751 movement. Chances are almost zero of it happening though...

Og50

Horology Curious
19/7/18
Not sure if anyone outside of Germany ever heard of Sinn. And even in Germany it's quite a niche brand. Fun fact: some people on RWI are convinced that the market for a high-end Speedmaster is too small to create a high-end replica. If that's even remotely true, I wouldn't hope for a lot of Sinn reps...

The big issue with the speedmaster is they would have to create a new movement.

That is a different scenario than with a Sinn, where they can slap a Chinese 2824 in there.