• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Sinn U1 from puretime

nige76

31/8/10
Hi all

I've just ordered this

http://puretime.co/product/u1-automatic/

I'm really looking forward to receiving, as I think it looks great. Not an expensive gen, but one of the reasons I'm interested with the rep world is so I can build a small collection and have choice in the watches I wear.

I'll keep you posted as the progress and post some pics on arrival.

Regards

N

audace

I'm Pretty Popular
10/2/11
Am considering to get this one as well.. Keep us posted on the build quality of it!

nige76

31/8/10
QC pics in

IMG_05091.jpg

So hopefully be with me by the end of May.

sunnydale

Put Some Respect On My Name
29/8/09
Nice! I just sent my U1 to Wiz for reluming. It is the only thing missing in this watch. Greenish dial lume dots made me mad.

nige76

31/8/10
The waiting is the killer, awaiting customs clearance and has been for a few days. Patience

beatdownvictim

Horology Curious
19/2/11
I got the same watch from another TD (Silix). Mine had some dust under the crystal, so I had to get it cleaned by a local watch repair shop. After that, it turned out quite nice.

The wait seriously sucks. Trust me, I know how you feel.

nige76

31/8/10
Arrived today

12 days in UK customs. The wait nearly killed me. I'll post some pics shortly. First impressions great looking watch feels very heavy duty and the silicone/rubber strap feels good. Going to be my daily beater.

Now have to steel myself to cut the strap to fit my wrist - nothing can go wrong there then.

beatdownvictim

Horology Curious
19/2/11
Lookin good!

sinn.jpg

remember, when you cut your strap, leave the meat on the end, and don't cut all the way to the back of the strap. It doesn't make sense now, but when you cut it...... leave the meat on.

nige76

31/8/10
Strap done - no issues really pretty ok.

Very easy to wear.

nuvolablue01

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/15
Hi Nige76. Great watch. I am looking to get the same. Did you have any charges to pay at UK customs or did Puretime "Sort" that for you ?

Also, general question for the experts, apart from the choice of movement A2813 or A2824, do all the TD's effectively stock the same version of this watch ? Or are some better than others ?

Finally, I have seen that some TD's only sell this watch with either the rubber strap or the stainless steel one. Which rep strap is easier to source as a standalone item ? I am aware watchbuys does the gen SS strap but I am not interested in paying that much.

Thanks for your help.

Nige76 how about some wrist shots please !!

DavidsCoaching

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/11/17
England
How does the colouration of the case compare to the original given that Sinn use that submarine grade steel in their watches?

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
How does the colouration of the case compare to the original given that Sinn use that submarine grade steel in their watches?

Under scrutiny you can tell it's not tegimented steel, but it's not bad. The AR is amazing, only the lume on the markers lets this one down, and that can be corrected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
Does anyone know if any factory work on making a 1:1 Sinn U1 with the steel bracelet model nowadays in 2018 ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk