Announcement

Collapse

Please Consider Supporting RWI Today!

We depend on Supporter & Patron subscriptions to pay the bills. Please consider supporting RWI TODAY, CLICK HERE for info on how to subscribe.
See more
See less

First order for economy rep

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First order for economy rep

Just placed my first order - not the cheapest, but not the most expensive (ROL079 - 21J, but nicer case/strap to my eyes) - and I have no idea what happened !

I registered (silix-prime.me) and ordered, using LINE paypal, but the site never sent me to paypal to pay ? the order is on their system as pending ?

can anyone shed any light on wether I've done it right or not, or what might happen next - although I do know about the CNY holiday delay probably.

will take a week or so m8, CNY holiday indeed....

Comment

ok, just heard from Michelle - as expected wants payment upfront - and will get back to me when the holidays are over - I'm really worried !! its a lot of money to me, and the whole process is fraught with danger !!

Comment

They're trusted dealers, they wont get your <700 USD and lose on the bigger pool of transaction/business just because of that.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffcooper View Post
          ok, just heard from Michelle - as expected wants payment upfront - and will get back to me when the holidays are over - I'm really worried !! its a lot of money to me, and the whole process is fraught with danger !!
          This whole rep watch experience may be just a little too much for you. It's probably best to withdraw and take up a more relaxing hobby. Maybe Koi fish grooming

Comment

i was being a bit tongue in cheek, but it is a strange way of buying things compared to "normal" - and i've done koi grooming, and thats stressful as well !!!

Comment

Good to know. Just be patient and all will work out. Patience is a virtue in this hobby

Comment

Ok, I'm confused now - the QC pictures turned up, and the watch literally just turned up - so pretty fast. However, the bracelet and the case are blackish, which on the QC looked like the normal stainless steel, certainly the website pictures were SS - so what do I do now - part of me thinks I've got an ultra rare DLC replica, but with smurf dial and bezel ? I don't even know wether you can buy a gen like that - what do people think ?

Comment

Ok, just checked the website, and now I know what I'm looking at, even that appears black - described as PVD, what the heck is that - but it's my mistake by the looks of things !!

Comment

PVD is a black coating. How did you miss that ?

Comment

with the right light and angles on the pictures, and on a computer, it shines like steel !!!

Comment

Final update - now I've got used to it, I'm really happy - and I actually found a S/H gen for just over $12k. It appears to be a really good visual replica, the rehaut lines up with the dial, the lume is good, engraving seems good, fonts etc . Bad points, the cyclops is perhaps slightly off-square, the clasp and bracelet action is a bit rough, and the movement is obviously as to be expected - but for $124, I'm really impressed with Silix - next problem, it can only lead to even more expensive purchases !!

Comment

Final update - now I've got used to it, I'm really happy - and I actually found a S/H gen for just over $12k. It appears to be a really good visual replica, the rehaut lines up with the dial, the lume is good, engraving seems good, fonts etc . Bad points, the cyclops is perhaps slightly off-square, the clasp and bracelet action is a bit rough, and the movement is obviously as to be expected - but for $124, I'm really impressed with Silix - next problem, it can only lead to even more expensive purchases !!
                          The rep game is too much for you. Get back to the gen world. Michelle is good as always.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hold on, I think I just gave a glowing review didn't I ? gen world - yeh, if I stick to sekondas !!!

Comment

Hold on, I think I just gave a glowing review didn't I ? gen world - yeh, if I stick to sekondas !!!
                              Welcome, to the rep world! Sekondas are good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X